Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

Madders for Barnes, rest of the same team as today. 

Go for it, we could do them, they will slip up at some point, might as well be against us. 

38 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Sit Ndidi on Firmino and Perez on Trent. Sorted, they'll no longer have any creativity

Yep that's good thinking and I am sure he will do something similar. I also think he will play Albrighton instead of Barnes so that each of Robertson and TAA have someone who can match their energy levels for 90 minutes.

If we put Ndidi on Firmino, that might leave us short in midfield so I think Hamza will play. I know it didn't work against Man United, but Liverpool are also a pressing team, and lest us not forget this incredible moment from everyone's favourite affro:

giphy.gif

Against Liverpool the first battle is to match their intensity. Only when you can do that do you have any hope to actually beat them. The good news is though that we are a team that can pass our way out from the back and thus can beat the first press. Vardy has every chance to get joy out of this one...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep that's good thinking and I am sure he will do something similar. I also think he will play Albrighton instead of Barnes so that each of Robertson and TAA have someone who can match their energy levels for 90 minutes.

If we put Ndidi on Firmino, that might leave us short in midfield so I think Hamza will play. I know it didn't work against Man United, but Liverpool are also a pressing team, and lest us not forget this incredible moment from everyone's favourite affro:

giphy.gif

Against Liverpool the first battle is to match their intensity. Only when you can do that do you have any hope to actually beat them. The good news is though that we are a team that can pass our way out from the back and thus can beat the first press. Vardy has every chance to get joy out of this one...

I agree with everything you've said, but I also feel like Praet would be excellent in this sort of game, and Maddison should start as well, so we have a real headache.

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell 

Praet Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Albrighton?

If he tries to go with Maddison on the wing again and we play like we did at Utd it will be very frustrating. 

Let's be clear, going to Anfield and attacking them is a precarious tactic but going there and trying to contain them is equally questionable. I back us right now, I think they'll still have too much for us but the whole flow of our team when we play 4-1-4-1 will make it difficult for Liverpool and we have to go with that.

I'd be tempted to bring Albrighton in for Perez and if Maddison is fully fit then he comes in for Praet but to be honest I'd not be against a Praet and Tielemans midfield even though Maddison is so good this season, it's a tough call either way of all are fit.

We have to go there and show no fear and play our most fluent system. 

• Like 1

I thought that lining up with 2 defensive midfielders against Manchester United was overkill but people are being very naive if they think we can just turn up at Anfield, attack and not get pummelled. Arsenal do it every year and get battered every year. This is a game where Ndidi and Choudhury are both needed.

Liverpool have won 15 league games in a row and are champions of Europe. If ever deference was due for a game then this is it. 

Our best chance of winning this game is to make it an absolute stinker. Stop the supply to the front 3 by clogging up the midfield with ball winners and pick two energetic wingers (Perez and Albrighton) to track their full backs. Basically not dissimilar to Rodgers’ plan at Old Trafford except this time we’re playing a side more than worthy of us playing against cautiously.

I’m sure that’s not going to be a popular opinion but in the real world we’re a good side in good form going away to a great side in great form.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ok, I'm really excited now. But if we actually get something against these boys, I'll genuinely start to believe that it's happening. 

Take a draw away from home especially against Liverpool, play madders in the middle Praet might get on later see how things are going 

A tricky one this in terms of picking the team, I think we’ve looked excellent in the formation for the past two games but won’t be at all surprised/disappointed if Rodgers opts to play Hamza and Wilf - we’ll need to try and control the midfield either way.

If he does opt for two DM’s then I’d rather keep Maddison on the bench than play him on the left, whoever is on the wings needs to help track their fullbacks, Albrighton and Perez probably seem like our best suited option.

Depends how we view the game, either try and control it and make it a scrappy game for them or see it as free hit and go at them. 

54 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I thought that lining up with 2 defensive midfielders against Manchester United was overkill but people are being very naive if they think we can just turn up at Anfield, attack and not get pummelled. Arsenal do it every year and get battered every year. This is a game where Ndidi and Choudhury are both needed.

Liverpool have won 15 league games in a row and are champions of Europe. If ever deference was due for a game then this is it. 

Our best chance of winning this game is to make it an absolute stinker. Stop the supply to the front 3 by clogging up the midfield with ball winners and pick two energetic wingers (Perez and Albrighton) to track their full backs. Basically not dissimilar to Rodgers’ plan at Old Trafford except this time we’re playing a side more than worthy of us playing against cautiously.

I’m sure that’s not going to be a popular opinion but in the real world we’re a good side in good form going away to a great side in great form.

I disagree. I mean, I would agree in principle - it would be naive to think we can just rock up and attack outright -  but I think adding Choudhury does more harm than good. For one, it means we end up using a formation that we're not quite as comfortable with.It also means that we have 2 central midfielders that aren't quite as comfortable on the ball, meaning we're going to invite a lot more pressure on to ourselves. I also feel that Ndidi's effectiveness is neutralised a lot when playing alongside Choudhury.

I think Choudhury is an able deputy for N'didi, but I think we're going to turn over the ball far too often with both playing in the midfield, what with Liverpool's press, and we can't sustain that for 90 minutes. I do think we're going to need to be a bit more 'physical', which is why I suggested maybe Praet in for Tielemans (who seems a little more physical), and Albrighton in for Perez for the same reasons, but I don't think N'didi and Choudhury together is the answer.

• Like 3