Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I love the optimism but really guys to talk about the 3 points and then to say you'd be happy with the point but.....

Liverpool are the European champions, they are unbeaten at home for an eternity and unbeaten everywhere for a long time.

If we get a point at Anfield I'll be ecstatic and it would be a major statement of intent. We should be happy with a loss where we play well and make a few chances.

Its fascinating to see the mindset of our fans. There's a general majority who are talking up our chances for Saturday and yet there was also a real nervousness amongst our fans for last Sundays game vs Newcastle. Our rationality with our team is always highly subjective

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Its fascinating to see the mindset of our fans. There's a general majority who are talking up our chances for Saturday and yet there was also a real nervousness amongst our fans for last Sundays game vs Newcastle. Our rationality with our team is always highly subjective

Sounds like regular football fans to be fair

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Its fairly normal to approach it in a positive way. Surely against a top class side you have nothing to lose because if everyone thinks you are going to lose and you lose, no problem, if you draw great if you win its a free hit.

This game we really have nothing to lose Liverpool are great no one is denying that, most people expect them to win, law of averages says they will lose a game at some point, if we come out better than expected we really will be an a good place. Its also like Leicester then to go an win at Liverpool and then lose to Burnley the week after. 

• Like 1

Can't believe there's people ITT that want to play Fuchs. Sure, he's a better crosser than Chilwell, and sure, Chilwell hasn't had the best start to the season, but in all of the games you want to swap them to light a fire under Chilwell's arse, you pick the 2nd hardest game we'll play this year? Fuchs' lack of mobility means there's no way he'd be allowed to get forward very much anyway, so the point of crossing is moot.

Aerially as well, Chilwell is a lot better than Fuchs, which means he should be able to deal better with Salah. I can't believe this is even a conversation. I can respect the idea of doing it to jerk Chilwell back into the game, but doing it in a game where the slightest disadvantage is crucial, makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Koke said:

Btw we lose this and West Ham beat Palace at home they leapfrog us into 3rd. Nothing is decided in October but just saying..

And there I was just thinking that if we win this and Man City lose then we'll go 2nd.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Fuchs is also 6'1 compared to Chillwells 5 foot whatever he is. A bigger, stronger presence could get less bullied down that side of the pitch. 

Ah yes, 3 whole inches will make the difference when Chilwell

•Is vastly pacier

•Stronger 

•Better aerially

•Can run all game

I remember going to Anfield when they had not lost at home for about 50 games and we won against the odds, I think we have done it a couple of times. Liverpool v Leicester City, 31 January 1981 and again in 1984. We have a reasonable away history to them, so just play our natural game and see what happens, to many teams went there already beaten before they got on the pitch

• Like 1

I can see the logic in Albrighton over Barnes but I think TAA would struggle with Barnes pace and strength - Rodgers would have to instruct Barnes to be more diligent than usual though 

More points now than during PL winning season at this (early) stage, when our  'Target 40 points' strategy kept players and fans feet on the ground. 

So steady lads,lets not get giddy. Draw is a massive result, given L'Pools recent record.

But Good News! Aren't we a bit of a bogey team for them? 

Memory not quite what it was but I seem to recall Birchenall (nr 8?) putting us one up there a couple of seasons ago against their all conquering European winning side...... Time for Tielemans to repeat history?

COYB

I'd prefer from an entertainment perspective for Brendan to go for it full bore from the off, lets see some goals. However he will probably set up similar to the man utd game try and keep a clean sheet till half time then play more expansive football second half. Liverpool are the best team in the prem at picking the ball up in midfield and hitting you fast and direct so you have to match that intensity when defending, could be a one nil bore fest or an eight goal thriller.

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

•Is vastly pacier

•Stronger 

•Better aerially

•Can run all game

Three inches is a lot actually!

Just saying   :ph34r:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I'd prefer from an entertainment perspective for Brendan to go for it full bore from the off, lets see some goals. However he will probably set up similar to the man utd game try and keep a clean sheet till half time then play more expansive football second half. Liverpool are the best team in the prem at picking the ball up in midfield and hitting you fast and direct so you have to match that intensity when defending, could be a one nil bore fest or an eight goal thriller.

Hopefully not in the same way that Arsenal & Man Utd went full bore last night.

• Haha 1

You could argue that our draw against the odds at Anfield last season cost them the league title. Not many teams came away from Anfield with anything last season. We did and we are a way better prospect now. Let’s just see what happens. 

Guest Cujek

Both teams will score, I can't see us winning. 

But.... 

I have a feeling they aren't going to win either, so I'm going for 1 - 1 or 2 - 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

•Is vastly pacier

•Stronger 

•Better aerially

•Can run all game

I'll give you pacier and more stamina. 

Stronger and better aerially? 

So he's stronger despite being smaller and lighter and better aerially than the guy who was part of the 2015-2016 shut out crew that cut out cross after cross after cross? 

Also Fuchs can cross a ball, pass it down the line, has a wicked throw in and positionally miles ahead of Chillwell.

There's nothing wrong with thinking about being more defensively solid on a flank if that could be targeted. 

And it was more to the point of if Maddison was fit and pushed into left wing again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe there's people ITT that want to play Fuchs. Sure, he's a better crosser than Chilwell, and sure, Chilwell hasn't had the best start to the season, but in all of the games you want to swap them to light a fire under Chilwell's arse, you pick the 2nd hardest game we'll play this year? Fuchs' lack of mobility means there's no way he'd be allowed to get forward very much anyway, so the point of crossing is moot.

Aerially as well, Chilwell is a lot better than Fuchs, which means he should be able to deal better with Salah. I can't believe this is even a conversation. I can respect the idea of doing it to jerk Chilwell back into the game, but doing it in a game where the slightest disadvantage is crucial, makes no sense whatsoever.

Although I agree with the first of your points with Chilly's pace being a possible outlet for us which we will need, Fuchs is taller and actually better than Chilly in the air.

• Like 1

•Is vastly pacier

•Stronger 

•Better aerially

•Can run all game

There's a reason Fuchs can slot in as CB

Edited by bfox

38 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I'll give you pacier and more stamina. 

Stronger and better aerially? 

So he's stronger despite being smaller and lighter and better aerially than the guy who was part of the 2015-2016 shut out crew that cut out cross after cross after cross? 

Also Fuchs can cross a ball, pass it down the line, has a wicked throw in and positionally miles ahead of Chillwell.

There's nothing wrong with thinking about being more defensively solid on a flank if that could be targeted. 

And it was more to the point of if Maddison was fit and pushed into left wing again. 

Yes, chillwell is better in the air. His leap is unreal for his height. Theres a reason kasper pinged every goal kick his way until this season. Even then he does if he wants to get it wide straight off. 

Guest An Sionnach

Comparisons about technique are subjective , objectively Fuchs has a much better brain than Chilwell and in a game where you are likely to be under pressure intelligence is crucial..