Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

8 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Silly idea...

......Maybe winning this game can be our  'Manchester city moment', when people really start believing we can finish in the top 4 and maybe more.

More than top 4?!?

Unless by more mean "top 3", then you're taking crazy pills. Because there's no way we're finishing ahead of Man City or Liverpool. They're probably 2 of, if not the 2 best teams ever in the PL.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet - even top 6 would be outstanding. It's still very early days.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If he tries to go with Maddison on the wing again and we play like we did at Utd it will be very frustrating. 

Let's be clear, going to Anfield and attacking them is a precarious tactic but going there and trying to contain them is equally questionable. I back us right now, I think they'll still have too much for us but the whole flow of our team when we play 4-1-4-1 will make it difficult for Liverpool and we have to go with that.

I'd be tempted to bring Albrighton in for Perez and if Maddison is fully fit then he comes in for Praet but to be honest I'd not be against a Praet and Tielemans midfield even though Maddison is so good this season, it's a tough call either way of all are fit.

We have to go there and show no fear and play our most fluent system. 

I think that 2 DMs are a necessity against this lot, especially away, but he could play Madders as a 10 and drop Youri for this game. Albrighton on the wing is a must. 

• Like 1

One of our strengths this season has been winning the ball in the oppositions half and using this to attack when they are out of shape. I wouldn't want to sacrifice this to bring in a 2nd DM. I'd bring Maddison and Allbrighton in for Barnes and Perez, but keep the same overall approach.

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

Completely agree!

I'm also convinced this 2 DM malarky doesn't even make us solid defensively. It just invites pressure onto us, as we saw against Chelsea before they gassed out & against United we made McTominay look like Busquets. More defensive & compact teams have gone to Liverpool, parked the bus (like we'd do if we played 2 DM's) & still lost.

We need the right balance for this game & for me Praet will give us that balance. He has experience on his side and will know when to press, when to sit back, when to track runners, when to get forward. For me, he is a starter alongside Tielemans and Ndidi for this match! Maddison can come back in the following game.

Fully agree 

4 hours ago, ranxerox said:

An LFC perspective for those interested, one of two times each season I don’t cheer for LCFC. (rights reserved to add cup ties!)

Think it will be a boss game. We’ve got Salzburg on Wednesday (my son and I are making the trip across the pond to see it ...trip of lifetime for us) and need to win as we dropped the first game to Napoli, so we’ll need a strong squad. 

We’ve been a bit leggy after CL games so our press will not be 100%. Salah has been a bit cold lately but on the other hand could be ready to burst out. Mane missed 2 easy chances yesterday but expect him to be dangerous, he’s our biggest threat. His next goal is his 100th so he’s keen.

Could see Firmino starting on bench if he plays a lot Wednesday. Our attack can be a lot less effective without his link up play. Press drops as well. He does a load of work for us.

One thing you cannot do is give the ball away cheaply in transition, we are absolutely lethal with that and always looking for it. We’ve also become very productive from set pieces. The Barca comeback and CL win gave the players loads of maturity and confidence and we’ve been near unbeatable at Anfield in the last 3years.

You’re best joy is down our right side as there’s always loads of space behind Alexander. VVD rarely makes mistakes but most teams wisely come at Matip and he’s been immense this season. I think Vardy will be Matip’s biggest test this year. 

Imagine Rodgers will set up for the counter and exploit this, JV will deffo get some chances.

Some have said our defence is shaky but along with the Foxes we’ve allowed the least goals in league. Note sure if Alisson will be back but Adrian has been solid for us. Other than him we’ve no other injuries as of today. 

Like I said a boss game, Foxes are flying and full of energy, we’re a machine with confidence. Both teams believe their destined for great seasons. 

I give a slight edge to us on account of our maturity and record at home, could be low or high scoring as both teams have shown they can score and defend.

Will probably post when I get back to Canada 🇨🇦 on Friday to give a final LFC update unless it’s not welcome. 

Very much welcome. Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

Kasper

Ricardo - Evans - Morgan - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Hamza - Ndidi - Mendy

Tielemans

Vardy

If we can get away with it put one of Kante’s brothers in there too. 

Sneak a shithouse win with a Vardy hat trick in the final 84 minutes. 

Van Dijk repeatedly asks Soyuncu to swap shirts after the game, Hernandez style.  

Klopp gets evicted by Brendan on the spot. 

I have no problem with having Ndidi and Choudhury playing together but if so then Brendan has to drop either Tielemans or Maddison.  We can't keep persevering with 2 CDMs Tielemans and Maddison. The wing just isn't maddisons position.

Personally I say we keep the same team. Wouldn't mind Praet starting over Maddison again as I thought he looked good today. Maddison to come on at the hour mark is not a bad thing.

Should be a really good game Vs Liverpool. No need to fear them. 

• Like 2

They have a very good defence and an excellent attack but let's face it their midfield is just workman like. We need to dominate in midfield and cut off supply to possibly the best attacking group in the world at the moment.

We need press and energy. For me that means we must play Hamza and Albrighton.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell (he's really underform at the moment)

Ndidi

Choudhury

Praet/Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Barnes can be used from the bench. Do we play Tielemans or Praet? Tielemans is the better offensive player but does he have the speed and stamina, Praet to start perhaps with Tielemans coming on as sub.

The amount of people calling for 2 DMs baffles me. Yes Liverpool have a great attack but us letting them attack and trying to defend it is suicidal. We need to play our best team to atleast try and get something from the game.

The line up from yesterday or the team that started the Tottenham game please. 

As others have said Liverpool's press style play will cause mistakes from WN and HC and we don't need that. Play players that are more comfortable on the ball and can move it quickly. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ranxerox said:

We’ve been a bit leggy after CL games so our press will not be 100%. Salah has been a bit cold lately but on the other hand could be ready to burst out. Mane missed 2 easy chances yesterday but expect him to be dangerous, he’s our biggest threat. His next goal is his 100th so he’s keen.

Oh bloody hell...

10 hours ago, ranxerox said:

An LFC perspective for those interested, one of two times each season I don’t cheer for LCFC. (rights reserved to add cup ties!)

Think it will be a boss game. We’ve got Salzburg on Wednesday (my son and I are making the trip across the pond to see it ...trip of lifetime for us) and need to win as we dropped the first game to Napoli, so we’ll need a strong squad. 

Could see Firmino starting on bench if he plays a lot Wednesday. Our attack can be a lot less effective without his link up play. Press drops as well. He does a load of work for us.

One thing you cannot do is give the ball away cheaply in transition, we are absolutely lethal with that and always looking for it. We’ve also become very productive from set pieces. The Barca comeback and CL win gave the players loads of maturity and confidence and we’ve been near unbeatable at Anfield in the last 3years.

You’re best joy is down our right side as there’s always loads of space behind Alexander. VVD rarely makes mistakes but most teams wisely come at Matip and he’s been immense this season. I think Vardy will be Matip’s biggest test this year. 

Imagine Rodgers will set up for the counter and exploit this, JV will deffo get some chances.

Some have said our defence is shaky but along with the Foxes we’ve allowed the least goals in league. Note sure if Alisson will be back but Adrian has been solid for us. Other than him we’ve no other injuries as of today. 

Like I said a boss game, Foxes are flying and full of energy, we’re a machine with confidence. Both teams believe their destined for great seasons. 

I give a slight edge to us on account of our maturity and record at home, could be low or high scoring as both teams have shown they can score and defend.

Will probably post when I get back to Canada 🇨🇦 on Friday to give a final LFC update unless it’s not welcome. 

Always welcome chap! Thanks for the insight :)

11 hours ago, ttfn said:

I thought that lining up with 2 defensive midfielders against Manchester United was overkill but people are being very naive if they think we can just turn up at Anfield, attack and not get pummelled. Arsenal do it every year and get battered every year. This is a game where Ndidi and Choudhury are both needed.

Liverpool have won 15 league games in a row and are champions of Europe. If ever deference was due for a game then this is it. 

Our best chance of winning this game is to make it an absolute stinker. Stop the supply to the front 3 by clogging up the midfield with ball winners and pick two energetic wingers (Perez and Albrighton) to track their full backs. Basically not dissimilar to Rodgers’ plan at Old Trafford except this time we’re playing a side more than worthy of us playing against cautiously.

I’m sure that’s not going to be a popular opinion but in the real world we’re a good side in good form going away to a great side in great form.

For me the midfield 3 needs to be one of:

Wilf - Hamza - Maddison

or 

Wilf - Praet - Maddison

I think we need to do whatever it takes to get Maddison into the middle and with Youri being off the pace (although improving) it makes sense for him to drop out. Praet also gives us more energy. 

Agree with your wing choices. 

• Like 1