Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I disagree

While i like Albrighton he is a bit of a one trick pony  !!! 

Barnes can play the wing but also can cut inside and threaten on goal. 

Albrighton crosses better but Barnes offers more.

Chilwell / Albrighton works much better! 

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

There really is a selection dilemma. Liverpool are one of the strongest attacking teams around. We have a tailor made answer in Ndidi and Hamza. But if we also want to play Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy then Maddison has to be the makeshift winger alongside Albrighton or Perez. And we've not looked good without wingers.

If we want to play Vardy, two actual wingers and Tielemans and Maddison then we can only use one defensive midfielder against the probably the greatest attacking force in Europe. And even with great performances from Ndidi and our defence that seems reckless against Liverpool.

If we want to win the midfield battle I don't think the answer is Tielemans right now. I'd either drop him for Hamza or Praet. And Hamza has more experience against top PL teams. I doubt it will happen but:

Kasp

Ric Eva Soy Chil

Ndidi

Prz Ham Mad Albr

Vardy

Rice va Soy Chil doesn't work for me without prawn crackers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

Schmeichel

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Pérez - Tielemans - Praet - Albrighton

Vardy

Not a fan of having both Hamza and Ndidi starting together (although towards the end of a game, sure), so I'd go with Praet alongside Tielemans as he'll be slightly stronger defensively than Maddison is and after his performance against Newcastle he's earnt it. Could end up developing a very nice partnership alongside his fellow Belgian.

Otherwise, the only change I'd make is to start Albrighton. I thought Chilwell and Barnes linked up a lot better against Newcastle, but Albrighton will provide a bit more defensive support up against TAA and Salah.

Maddison, Barnes and Hamza to come on as subs.

This would be my line up, agreed.

From an attacking sense Barnes might be better exploiting the space in behind TAA, but possibly worth weathering the initial storm before pouncing.

Praet has earned his spot alongside Youri, and I'd rather let Maddison heal up fully for the games ahead than rush him back. Off the bench works for me.

1 hour ago, Jonaldinho said:

I'm surprised to see anyone suggesting Fuchs over Chilwell for his defensive capabilities. How often do you actually see Chilwell make mistakes defensively now? He made vast improvements in that area in 2018 and his pace, strength and aerial ability lets him cover well. Obviously his end product is nowhere near Fuchs level yet, but with experience it'll improve. He'll never be able to cross like Fuchs but he should be able to link well with his winger and get to the byline.

This is incredibly harsh. He's already made huge strides to become an accomplished Premier League defender, which is far more than Gray has done as an attacker. Chilwell is still only 22 and would get into most sides in the league.

I agree that Chilwell will improve, but it does not mean he is better overall than Fuchs now.

I think Chilwell has indeed made less obvious mistakes defensively.

Attacking wise Fuchs definitely links better with the winger. This is one particular problem Chilwell has in particular - he noticeably tried harder to pass to Barnes last game against Newcastle tough so credit to him - but Fuchs offers a lot more going forward.

Anyway, I think there is no dispute Chilwell is the future? Just that, for the present, should Fuchs not be considered for a starting spot when his performances this season justify it?

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't understand anyone that's not in the Chilwell camp tbh. Unless we try Justin / Ricardo at LB. 

Chilwell hasn't started this season as well as last season and it would help if he knew he had competition. Definitely. 

But we don't really have any alternatives that I'd play against a team as quick as Liverpool. 

Love Fuchs but he's done at that level. Not fast enough at all. 

As I've said before, the Fuchs choice over Chillwell is mainly if Maddison is fit and gets picked on the left wing again instead of Albrighton/Barnes, as it could make us more solid down that left flank if Maddison drifts inward.

Chilwell might have more cover with Barnes or Albrighton. 

It's not a 100% choice of which left back is better than the other but which one compliments our other players in the midfield as that is the area that's causing real selection head ache.

Maddison, Tielemans, Praet and Choudhury for 2 other midfield slots as Ndidi is 1st on the team sheet for the midfielders.

And because of that, the last problem to be added is whether to include Maddison on the wing if he's not in the midfield 3, then which our shape suffers or leave him out the team for Barnes, like we did against Newcastle and have a better balance overall. 

I hope Brendan makes the correct selection choice that he sees fit. But the fact we can discuss which is our stronger line up, rather than having to have someone who's going to have to be played out of position is a massive testament to our club. 

Anything but Alan Maybury on the wrong side. 

Edited by LC/FC
Got confused between left backs

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Schmeichel

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Pérez - Tielemans - Praet - Albrighton

Vardy

Not a fan of having both Hamza and Ndidi starting together (although towards the end of a game, sure), so I'd go with Praet alongside Tielemans as he'll be slightly stronger defensively than Maddison is and after his performance against Newcastle he's earnt it. Could end up developing a very nice partnership alongside his fellow Belgian.

Otherwise, the only change I'd make is to start Albrighton. I thought Chilwell and Barnes linked up a lot better against Newcastle, but Albrighton will provide a bit more defensive support up against TAA and Salah.

Maddison, Barnes and Hamza to come on as subs.

I know its unpopular on here, even by me, but I would start with that line up except put Maddison on the wing instead of Albrighton. With Praet in the side helping with creativity then having Maddison on the left cutting in might not be so bad.

Maddison gotta start either way imo.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

As I've said before, the Fuchs choice over Chillwell is mainly if Maddison is fit and gets picked on the left wing again instead of Albrighton/Barnes, as it could make us more solid down that left flank if Maddison drifts inward.

Fuchs might not be quick enough but he'd have more cover with Barnes or Albrighton. 

So your logic is that, if Maddison plays on the wing then it's better to have Fuchs behind him, on the basis that Fuchs would have the cover needed if Barnes or Albrighton (i.e. not Maddison) are on the wing in front of him?

Is it just me or does that not contradict itself?

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

So your logic is that, if Maddison plays on the wing then it's better to have Fuchs behind him, on the basis that Fuchs would have the cover needed if Barnes or Albrighton (i.e. not Maddison) are on the wing in front of him?

Is it just me or does that not contradict itself? 

No, you're right, that last part is meant to say Chilwell. I'll edit.

Was reading about Red Bull Salzburg, Liverpool's CL opponents tonight, in the Guardian earlier. They sound like a young team who play a very high intensity pressing game. Let's hope they make Liverpool work really hard tonight....

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The hype if we win this will be off its fcukin nut

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :plancque:

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

Chilwell / Albrighton works much better! 

I agree with that as well but I think the team needs player who can attack the goal as well as cross. It's usually obvious what Albrighton is going to do and that is cross as soon as possible.

We need diversity up front or we become too easy to defend against.

Edited by gurru991
grammar
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Nah 4-0 leicester. Barnes to nutmeg Van Dijk going through 1 on 1 and bagging the opener. Soyuncu to out jump Van Dijk for 2-0. Van Dijk O.G for 3-0 and an iheanacho scorpion kick for 4. 

Was going to call you out for being ridiculous till you pulled it back at the end ....