Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

I'll give you pacier and more stamina. 

Stronger and better aerially? 

So he's stronger despite being smaller and lighter and better aerially than the guy who was part of the 2015-2016 shut out crew that cut out cross after cross after cross? 

Also Fuchs can cross a ball, pass it down the line, has a wicked throw in and positionally miles ahead of Chillwell.

There's nothing wrong with thinking about being more defensively solid on a flank if that could be targeted. 

And it was more to the point of if Maddison was fit and pushed into left wing again. 

You forgot to mention that fuchs has a better shot and goals in him also.

• Like 3

I did say that it was probably controversial when I originally suggested Fuchs for this one but it seems to have sparked a bit of a storm.

Never meant as disrespect for Chilwell or to imply that he is not a good player. He is England's no1 LB after all. I just felt that, for this game Fuchs with all his experience would be a better choice. My worry with Ben is that he does sometimes get caught out of position when pushing forward, and I can see Liverpool setting a trap for him with Salah just waiting to get in behind. Fuchs is a bit longer in the tooth and has a better judgement of when he can and can't go marauding down the line (to be fair to Chilwell he did berate Soyuncu for doing just that on Saturday) and his long throw is a weapon that can be used to bypass their high press.  If Chilwell is to play, then I really think it essential that Albrighton plays wide left to provide cover and restrain him when necessary as although a big fan, I am not convinced by Barnes's defensive work.

Whatever the pros and cons of either, along with the midfield debate, it does go to show that we have great options in in our squad now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we might be taught a lesson on Saturday, Rodgers is going to find it very difficult not to tinker with systems and personnel and I think that will hand all the initiative Liverpool need. 

4-1 to Liverpool

He should listen to the players and hear out what Puels approach was last season. That would be a good place to start, Then decide how to approach the game.

I think it will come down to how we handle Mane and Salah but more importantly Fermino, Roberston and Alexander.  Fermino is the one who makes them tick.

While the two FBs provide him the with the Ball.

For that reason I'd go with Albrighton and Praet on the other side to stop them coming forward. This would force Henderson to go deeper also and disrupt their normal system.

Hard to know how Vardy manages to score give the form their defense is in lately. So our best chance of a Goal is probably a Free Kick from the edge of the box.

It should be a cracking game though.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Its fascinating to see the mindset of our fans. There's a general majority who are talking up our chances for Saturday and yet there was also a real nervousness amongst our fans for last Sundays game vs Newcastle. Our rationality with our team is always highly subjective

Stakes.

I think that many see Liverpool as a game where we have nothing to lose and rather have Rodgers go for it. The shitty loss against ManU is still present in many minds. Newcastle on the other side, was a game with something on. A relegation threatened team that we should and had to beat, to prove that our claim for a top 6 aren't empty words and that we can at last break down a parked bus at home. Also payback for last season.

Edited by That_Dude

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As I said earlier, we go full beans and they might have a field day with the space we leave but that said if we go for the containment job then we could equally find ourselves being extras in a forgone conclusion as we aren't any better at keeping teams at bay when we play pragmatically and this is due to the movement and fluidity of our play. I don't mind us putting Choudhury in there but then don't play Maddison out wide, continue with two wingers and one of those ought to be Albrighton away at Liverpool.

As i said after man u. It might be that rodgers goes 2 dcms and he might even be right, but if he does, and we serve up the same turgid shit as at old trafford, i think he would be better served with us fans in proving us wrong. If we get tonked we get tonked. No shame in that against liverpool and we would still be in an excellent position to exceed our pre season wildest dreams and finish 3rd.

Just think though if we went toe to toe and beat them. Risk and reward. We will be real contenders and not just for this season either if that happened.

The potential rewards outweigh the risk in my opinion.

Dare to dream.

Even if it didnt work. Change it up at 2-0 down. No matter how early.

I do however have no problem with the middle ground of praet for hamza.

Dont like madders on the wing, but willing to risk it for half a game and if that dont work, bring tielemans off and put madders in the middle.

Its a real good conundrum though as i do also think albrighton should play this game and there arent enough places in the team for everyone who deserves to play.

Good times. Regardless of result at anfield.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we might be taught a lesson on Saturday, Rodgers is going to find it very difficult not to tinker with systems and personnel and I think that will hand all the initiative Liverpool need. 

4-1 to Liverpool

If we play a 4-3-3 with Maddison on the wing and Choudhury in CM alongside Ndidi I think you might actually explode.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bfox said:

Although I agree with the first of your points with Chilly's pace being a possible outlet for us which we will need, Fuchs is taller and actually better than Chilly in the air.

Maybe that was true a year or two ago, but Chilwell is actually very good in the air imo. When do you see him losing aerial duels? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe that was true a year or two ago, but Chilwell is actually very good in the air imo. When do you see him losing aerial duels? 

Chilly is ponderous. .... he halts momentum.... he will work on this.  I like the way fuchs moves the ball quickly

• Like 2

Lets give them a game, we cannot go into this game like man u away, i’m hoping rodgers learnt from that game, and changes our approach, Liverpool have not set the world alight this season, we are well capable of going there and getting a draw, even a win 

Edited by lestajigs

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

If we play a 4-3-3 with Maddison on the wing and Choudhury in CM alongside Ndidi I think you might actually explode.

We should start with sundays team and let madison sit it out.  Preat and youri did a good job.... how can you drop guys who just won 5.0?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We should start with sundays team and let madison sit it out.  Preat and youri did a good job.... how can you drop guys who just won 5.0?

Because it was against a 10 men Newcastle? I know what your saying but maddison is no doubt our most creative player, can we afford to leave out such a talent, against  the best home side in Europe?

Edited by lestajigs

I'm in this debate I'm afraid .Sunday there were at least two occasions when Chilly could have crashed in a shot with his right foot from pretty close  range - but he didn't because he cant. .

He has his qualities for sure but right foot is not one of them.Its weird but he just cannot naturally use it.

So maybe v Liverpool fuchs could be the man.So for me one defensive midfielder but two proper full backs could  be the way t go . 

Personally I'm not calling for Fuchs to replace Chilwell. It's Chilwell do or die now.

I was a big fan of his coming through and I called for him to replace Fuchs and then defended him through the problematic early times. Last season he repaid that faith but he has not played well this season. Yes he runs well, yes he heads the ball very well and in my opinion this skill of his is underused by our staff - he should be involved in set plays in the box as a potential header of the ball not free kick taker. Where he is now disappointing me is in the intelligence area. He isn't learning from his mistakes, he isn't correcting his cross choice, he isn't reflzcting on the parts of his game going wrong. Fuchs was a great crosser of the ball, a wonderful thrower of the ball but his biggest advantage over Chilly is his intelligence. He thought about the game and used his brains to affect the outcome.

It's do or die for Chilwell, I'm 100% behind him playing, but I'm worried he has the same non-footballing brain that Gray is exhibiting and I'll take a slightly less talented footballer with a brain over  a better footballer without a brain.

2 hours ago, adam95581 said:

If Maddison is fit, he plays. Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Because it was against a 10 men Newcastle? I know what your saying but maddison is no doubt our most creative player, can we afford to leave out such a talent, against  the best home side in Europe?

It's  a great problem to have. ... i like madison.... and i liked the way youri and preat played when he wasnt there.   Lets see what bredan does.... i have a feeling that he liked the way we played on sun

The problem with playing Fuchs is he’s not got as much pace to close his opposite number down, so Robertson would have more room and space to do what he wants to do and get as far forward, as quickly as possible.

Didn’t see the Liverpool - Sheff Utd game but a lot of the tactical analysis I saw suggested the Blades’ full backs pushing up as quickly as possible stopped the Liverpool full backs running forward and meant they had to pass in to the midfield rather than straight to their obviously dangerous front three.

• Like 2