Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Liverpool (A) pre match

I think we will see a Leicester result just like the old days, Liverpool on the crest of a wave and little old Leicester will burst that bubble, 3.1 win with a Salah Pen (dive) Evans then Vardy early in the 2nd half and a late Barnes screamer as the scally’s push for a point... :scarf:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Same team as Sunday except Albrighton in for Barnes. 

Albrighton is criminally underrated and a more complete footballer than Barnes at the moment. Save Barnes to run at them later on in the game.

Yes.... we went up a geair when he came on

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Same team as Sunday except Albrighton in for Barnes. 

Albrighton is criminally underrated and a more complete footballer than Barnes at the moment. Save Barnes to run at them later on in the game.

I disagree

While i like Albrighton he is a bit of a one trick pony  !!! 

Barnes can play the wing but also can cut inside and threaten on goal. 

Albrighton crosses better but Barnes offers more.

26 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

I think we will see a Leicester result just like the old days, Liverpool on the crest of a wave and little old Leicester will burst that bubble, 3.1 win with a Salah Pen (dive) Evans then Vardy early in the 2nd half and a late Barnes screamer as the scally’s push for a point... :scarf:

I've put down 3 - 1 win at work for Leicester too.

Edited by MANFACE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes.... we went up a geair when he came on

This is one of our current dilemmas though, we often bring Barnes or Albrighton on and their impacts off the bench are far more effective than when they start. On Sunday Barnes, Perez and Albrighton all got assists which is welcome but Barnes most impressive spells seem to come when he enters the fray around the hour mark. He has looked much better in the last two games he's started though. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is one of our current dilemmas though, we often bring Barnes or Albrighton on and their impacts off the bench are far more effective than when they start. On Sunday Barnes, Perez and Albrighton all got assists which is welcome but Barnes most impressive spells seem to come when he enters the fray around the hour mark. He has looked much better in the last two games he's started though. 

Giving Barnes game time will be more beneficial the team and club in the long run. But against Liverpool I'd start Albrighton and Perez for their defensive workrate.

• Like 1

There really is a selection dilemma. Liverpool are one of the strongest attacking teams around. We have a tailor made answer in Ndidi and Hamza. But if we also want to play Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy then Maddison has to be the makeshift winger alongside Albrighton or Perez. And we've not looked good without wingers.

If we want to play Vardy, two actual wingers and Tielemans and Maddison then we can only use one defensive midfielder against the probably the greatest attacking force in Europe. And even with great performances from Ndidi and our defence that seems reckless against Liverpool.

If we want to win the midfield battle I don't think the answer is Tielemans right now. I'd either drop him for Hamza or Praet. And Hamza has more experience against top PL teams. I doubt it will happen but:

Kasp

Ric Eva Soy Chil

Ndidi

Prz Ham Mad Albr

Vardy

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FIF said:

Personally I'm not calling for Fuchs to replace Chilwell. It's Chilwell do or die now.

I was a big fan of his coming through and I called for him to replace Fuchs and then defended him through the problematic early times. Last season he repaid that faith but he has not played well this season. Yes he runs well, yes he heads the ball very well and in my opinion this skill of his is underused by our staff - he should be involved in set plays in the box as a potential header of the ball not free kick taker. Where he is now disappointing me is in the intelligence area. He isn't learning from his mistakes, he isn't correcting his cross choice, he isn't reflzcting on the parts of his game going wrong. Fuchs was a great crosser of the ball, a wonderful thrower of the ball but his biggest advantage over Chilly is his intelligence. He thought about the game and used his brains to affect the outcome.

It's do or die for Chilwell, I'm 100% behind him playing, but I'm worried he has the same non-footballing brain that Gray is exhibiting and I'll take a slightly less talented footballer with a brain over  a better footballer without a brain.

I agree. This is also reflected in better positioning and better choice in his passing.

Also, Fuchs is actually a better defender! There are many examples, but check out that goal saving tackle he made in the last (?) game he played vs the attempted (failed) block Chilwell made against Spurs’ ultimately VAR ruled out second goal.

Chilwell’s only advantage is his dribbling up field, but no use if he ends up just passing it back or crossing it behind the attacking line. Having said that, I really think in a season or two, he will be much better, just like how Ndidi is today compared to a year ago (although even then Ndidi showed he had the right ideas - he just couldnt execute).  But let’s also acknowledge that right now Fuchs is better in a number of respects, so why punish one of our title winning and loyal heros when his performances have been better than his replacement?

Edited by Tom12345

15 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe that was true a year or two ago, but Chilwell is actually very good in the air imo. When do you see him losing aerial duels? 

He is decent in the air for sure!

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree - either has an impact when coming on. Barnes is the future and I want hm to find his shooting boots.. he is new the the pl and it is a step up form the championship - I am sure bredan will sort him

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Agree - either has an impact when coming on. Barnes is the future and I want hm to find his shooting boots.. he is new the the pl and it is a step up form the championship - I am sure bredan will sort him

I've every faith he will be a regular 10-15 goals a season winger in the coming years

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LC/FC said:

This gif kinda puts me back into the Chillwell camp with his pace... 

I don't understand anyone that's not in the Chilwell camp tbh. Unless we try Justin / Ricardo at LB. 

Chilwell hasn't started this season as well as last season and it would help if he knew he had competition. Definitely. 

But we don't really have any alternatives that I'd play against a team as quick as Liverpool. 

Love Fuchs but he's done at that level. Not fast enough at all. 

On 01/10/2019 at 00:26, StriderHiryu said:

Good post! 

I would say that Puel got his tactics right in both games against Liverpool last season. We were unlucky to lose at the KP and unlucky not to win at Anfield. You've hit the nail on the head that they are the superior version of us in terms of a high intensity pressing game, but that they lack creativity in their midfield. It's perhaps their one weakness, though they've done a good job at hiding it so far! The reason why Alexander-Arnold and Robertson get so many assists is because that's the way they play. Their midfield control the game by working like madmen so that the front 3 plus fullbacks can tear you to pieces. It is super effective because they can control a game and wear you down over time.

There has already been a team we've played this season that also played a very high energy style and got in our faces - Chelsea. They were rampant in the first 25 at Stamford Bridge but we kept in the game despite going one behind and worked our way back into it. In fact that was the same pattern in our games against Liverpool last season too, they took the lead in both games, but in one we clawed a goal back and the other we equalised and finished the stronger. 

So if you were to ask me, it's a job for our high energy players to come in and match their work rate. Play the containment game for the first 45 and then seek to dictate control if we can ride that storm. Players like Hamza and Albrighton have high energy and won't shirk a challenge so it wouldn't surprise me if those two come in for this one.

Great Post as usual ✌️

Re:Their midfield control the game by working like madmen so that the front 3 plus fullbacks can tear you to pieces. 

When Klopp was asked to define his style he referred to it as 'heavy metal football' or gengen, it will be a very tactical battle with 2 very astute tachticians and hopefully a great watch loss or a stalemate imo