Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

I've calmed down by about 30%...

•Shit ref

•Mané is a diving cnut

•On balance of play they deserved the win

•I told you boys, should have started with Perez and Albrighton...

Please, never play 5 midfielders and 1 striker again Rodgers. Not that I thought Barnes was particularly bad mind. 

Perez was lovely!

• Like 2

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

I've calmed down by about 30%...

•Shit ref

•Mané is a diving cnut

•On balance of play they deserved the win

•I told you boys, should have started with Perez and Albrighton...

Please, never play 5 midfielders and 1 striker again Rodgers. Not that I thought Barnes was particularly bad mind. 

Perez was lovely!

I have calmed down now since it is clear mane dived... needed to cheat to win, and hopefully relevant action should be taken. Felt we did well especially in the last 30 minutes 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

As soon as I saw the replay and mane’s body launch the way it did I knew it wasn’t a Peno. I’m full spend I thought it was, but didn’t take me long to realise mane dived clearly 

Touch on his left foot, holds his right on the floor 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

10 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Because he dived AFTER the stupid clumsy contact, does Mane diving AFTER the contact change the fact that contact was made? Albrightons challenge takes mane off balance, then mane throws himself down. One does not negate the other. 
Mane threw himself down to make it worse than it was, but the contact was still a penalty, it's a really soft penalty, but albrighton still kicks him in the back of the foot and is nowhere near the ball.

Nope...

Watch the replay shown on the previous page. It's a tiny tap on the toe from about two inches away, and Albrighton immediately moves his foot to the left away from Mane. Contact, yes. But absolutely not enough to take him off balance. Which is why he had to manufacture the appearance that it was.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

You can foul someone without going down. It was a soft penalty, but it was a foul, get the blue specs off. 

Will agree to disagree, not blue specs at all, and you’ll see my posts if we get a penalty in a similar way. It’s a massive problem I’m the game, and it appears we all just take diving as part of the game and think it’s normal now, which is sad

Many ‘pundits’ think it was a pen 

The problem is that the ref gives it ...... var is never going to overturn that ....... so the idea that var is going to change the big clubs getting soft pens to screw the smaller ones is now laid bare for the crap that it was always going to be ....

of course if it’s not given then there is no way that var will overturn that decision either ....... so the question is why refs give unclear pens in added time when they know that var is there to correct any howlers they may make .......

• Like 2

Guest BlueBrett

It's not really the fact that it wasn't overturned, or even that it was given by the ref in the first place. It's both those things added to the fact that the whole situation was so bloody stupid and avoidable and happened in the last minute of a game we could have taken huge encouragement and credit from. Just an all round absolute shit stinking thing to happen

Just now, An Sionnach said:

What would Jamie have done in the same circumstances eh !

Been booked. We could have been snapped in half in their box and not had a peno today. Everytime we breathed on them a free kick was given. They had free kicks in midfield where Ndidi didn't even touch them. Ref saw his chance to win them the game and jumped at it.

Great performance against a team with only one equal in this League, we chose our moment to hit them and should've got a draw if it wasn't for Kevin panicing throwing a leg out in the box with a minute left on the clock.

They had 3 chances in the first half and were fluid and a persisten threat with their movement and energy, not many in the world can keep them locked out and it showed when Jonny Evans was a yard out of position and Miller tucked a perfect ball around the back for Mane to run into - one yard space equals one goal down - we were still in the game though but Vardy particularly was isolated and we were stifled on the counter.

Second half we'd figured out how to hurt them and tock the risk of keeping men out the field to be hit on the counter. Rejigging the personel helped a huge amount, Perez breaking the lines and pressing their tiring defence and worked brilliantly for our equaliser. Hamza took the hit and saved the team for the cost of a yellow. It's a pen and Mark's let us down, no excuses.

Thought we looked nervous in the first 20 minutes, edgy on the ball. In comparison they were so sharp, there was a moment in the first half the ball was free in their box with Vardy on the ball, he tried to trick Lovren who got a touch on the ball and it popped out van Dyke nods the ball back to keeper in a fraction of a second, they dealt with the threat like a survival reflex, immidiate.

Kick in the balls and lessons to be learnt but proud of the lads talent & ambition

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Will agree to disagree, not blue specs at all, and you’ll see my posts if we get a penalty in a similar way. It’s a massive problem I’m the game, and it appears we all just take diving as part of the game and think it’s normal now, which is sad

Oh I 100% agree it's a massive issue, I've been ranting to friends for about 20 minutes now about players diving, Mane is a cheating twat, and he definitely threw himself down to make it look convincing, Maddison has also tried it multiple times and it's ridiculous and should face massive fines when it's that blatant. 

However I still think before he threw himself down Albrighton miss-timed a clumsy challenge and kicked mane in the legs and was nowhere near the ball. I respect if you think that should be negated because of the dive, but personally I think it was a pen based on the poorly challenged kick and I would want it given for us also.