Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

24 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

after seeing that, its deffo not a penalty. doesnt even look like he touched him u can see mane's decision making its that bad. its just shocking. i agree at full speed it could look like a penalty but we have VAR!!!! what's the point in it? 

• Like 3

95th minute penalty to deny us a point says it all really. So soft! Had it happened at the other end there's no way it would have been given. May as well engrave the trophy now. The Premier League is desperate for Liverpool to win it this year. It's all about TV revenues. Liverpool are stacked but they will always get the rub of the green. Moments earlier, Soyuncu was blatantly pushed by Salah before Chaudhry scythed him down. No free kick given. Another decision that ultimately affected the outcome of the game. We won it all and that can never be taken away but it will never be allowed to happen again! For the same reason, top 4 for teams other than the big 6 will be very difficult to attain. Marginal decisions will always go against the rest of the league when the chips are really down. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shamomoa said:

after seeing that, its deffo not a penalty. doesnt even look like he touched him u can see mane's decision making its that bad. its just shocking. i agree at full speed it could look like a penalty but we have VAR!!!! what's the point in it? 

Exactly; can’t understand the point of var to be honest, I thought it would be good but not being used right at all. The big clubs still get the softest of penalties and ref favour them throughout. 

26 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Albrighton 100% cost us the game. Not the ref’s fault for being conned, and it didn’t look a clear & obvious error on the replay I saw.

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Time to take drastic action.

IMG_2844.JPG.afada890e7c7cc2458e022d38ea5411f.JPG

He screwed up royally…. But, how many time’s have we said that on his Leicester career?

Not often I’d wager…

he’ll be feeling it no doubt

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Exactly; can’t understand the point of var to be honest, I thought it would be good but not being used right at all. The big clubs still get the softest of penalties and ref favour them throughout. 

agree. if we had lost to a fair goal then fair enough but that was terrible. especially in the last kick of the game. im just distraught!

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

depends on the club you play for and the player. if you swap mane for vardy then there is no way that would be given. corrupt but it is what it is.

Moss would have booked Vardy for that. 

I’m just about used to getting a homer at Anfield (not really! I actually feel like screaming you cheating Scouse ****) but at least we had a go today . The Old Trafford result where we didn’t turn up just rankles that little bit more tonight. 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Just gutted we didn't get the point. They won't even mention our performance on MOTD now, it will just be a Liverpool wankfest. And we probably won't even be top 3 by the end of the day 🙁

What performance? We didn't do anything!

Edited by GorlestonFox

2 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

he should have booted it away but still no reason to give that penalty.

He made a challenge, kicked Mane's leg, he gave the ref an opportunity to give it and on the replay you see contact so it's going to be given. Shouldn't have put himself in that position had 2 options kasper to collect or hoof it and instead made a hash of it and cost us the game. 

The worst way to lose. I probably feel like everyone else on here - absolutely gutted.

Unfortunately Albrighton’s lack of clear thinking under pressure - supplemented by Mane’s dive (and yes, let’s not beat about the bush, the cheating b’stard dived) cost us a precious point.

But when all is said and done, if you take away all the emotion (difficult, I know, especially if, like me, you can’t stand Liverpool and all those traitorous ‘Leicestershire Reds’ that scar the county), it’s only a point lost - nothing more. The way we came back into the game after being second best to Liverpool all over the field for more than an hour was heartening and impressive.

Looking ahead there are many reasons to be positive about the season but I am really concerned about Chilwell, who has been our worst player all season - so wasteful in possession and devoid of confidence to have actually become a liability. Also, the ridiculous deployment of Maddison out wide needs an explanation from Rodgers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Just gutted we didn't get the point. They won't even mention our performance on MOTD now, it will just be a Liverpool wankfest. And we probably won't even be top 3 by the end of the day 🙁

Just don’t watch it mate :) Have a Brandy. Have a conversation with a loved one. Go for a walk. Rearrange your living room. Do something worthwhile instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

What performance? We didn't do anuthing!

We dug in and got back into the match; yes, we didn’t bombard their goal but it was a committed performance against probably the best side in Europe at the moment, last 30 minutes felt we were on top. The Man U game didn’t even have that. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978