Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I was the sane; started to calm down and realise defeat away to Liverpool isn’t hurting our top 4/6 chances much 

just looked at the table and it doesmt read too badly. should still be 4th/5th after everyone has played. still hurts tho!

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Oh I 100% agree it's a massive issue, I've been ranting to friends for about 20 minutes now about players diving, Mane is a cheating twat, and he definitely threw himself down to make it look convincing, Maddison has also tried it multiple times and it's ridiculous and should face massive fines when it's that blatant. 

However I still think before he threw himself down Albrighton miss-timed a clumsy challenge and kicked mane in the legs and was nowhere near the ball. I respect if you think that should be negated because of the dive, but personally I think it was a pen based on the poorly challenged kick and I would want it given for us also. 

Literally doubling down on your original bobbins

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fcuking hate shit like this - Youri had a real sore one left on him 

I will never warm to Klopp for reasons like this.

He is an absolute genius but a bad loser and bad winner to boot. Virtually every time we’ve played one of his teams he’s whinged about refereeing or rough play with little or no justification. 

This is a classic deflecting tactic from the fact that his team won today because Mane dived. Simple as that. Oldest trick in the book as used by unlikeable managers before him and many to follow him.

Edited by ttfn

Just now, ttfn said:

I will never warm to Klopp for reasons like this.

He is an absolute genius but a bad loser and bad winner to boot. Virtually every time we’ve played one of his teams he’s whinged about refereeing or rough play with little or no justification. 

This is a classic deflecting tactic from the fact that his team won today because am

He celebrated the VAR decision as opposed to celebrating the goal. His behaviour really irks at times 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Unabomber said:

Apparently no action was taken after Trents foul on Youri. Is that true anyone know? 

I think so. AFAIK it was VAR'd as a possible red, but decided it wasn't. So original decision of sod all stands, even though it's clearly at least a yellow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Oh I 100% agree it's a massive issue, I've been ranting to friends for about 20 minutes now about players diving, Mane is a cheating twat, and he definitely threw himself down to make it look convincing, Maddison has also tried it multiple times and it's ridiculous and should face massive fines when it's that blatant. 

However I still think before he threw himself down Albrighton miss-timed a clumsy challenge and kicked mane in the legs and was nowhere near the ball. I respect if you think that should be negated because of the dive, but personally I think it was a pen based on the poorly challenged kick and I would want it given for us also. 

Kicked? That's quite the hyperbole there chap. Brushed is more like it... 

• Thanks 1

you can tell it's a dive by looking at mane's body language and the way he swivels and pushes his torso forward. It's not the knock on his leg a second ago that sends him down, there wasn't enough weight to knock him off balance, but he feels the knock, and tell his brain to take a dive, but because he hasn't had enough of a knock to throw him off balance you can see him push his torso forward and swivel his hips into a collapse. 

If you can't see this you've got the IQ of a slug.

• Like 2

I suppose over the course of the game Liverpool deserved to win the game, but going into the 95th minute they wasn`t, and we were getting a hard fought draw, then it was only the clear dive and the Ref being conned that undone us.

The Ref bowed to the constant pressure their fans were putting on him, but as a top level ref he should be able to deal with that, sadly for us he didn`t.

The ridiculous thing about it is, if the ref doesn`t give that penalty for the clear dive, then the var wouldn`t have overturned it either, and we come away with the point.

Oh and Maddison should never be played out wide again. Completely nullifys his effectiverness, and exposes our full back.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

5 seconds in:

Is it a foul if there was a bit of contact but the player decides to go down about an hour and a half later?

It is like the slightest contact if any, he pulls his foot out if anything... no intention to take the player but mane clearly dives after 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Amazing.  Focus on Hamza’s challenge rather than the fact Salah blatantly pushes Cags beforehand.  Should never have got that far.  One of many poor decisions.

Overall think we’d have stolen a point had it ended 1-1 but so disappointed the way it’s happened.

Liverpool are a great team and play some lovely football but Mane’s and Salah’s diving throughout the game is a real stain on the team.