Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

Just now, GorlestonFox said:

Didn't Albrighton do virtually the same thing a few years ago? Can't remember who it was against.

He's had a few silly mistakes tbf

Palace red card

Newport last min handball

Athletico (which to be fair wasn't in the box)

Still love him, he's just had a few too many brain farts.

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He dived, yes, but it was still a penalty for the clumsy contact in the box, it was needless. 

Worth noting that this is Kevin Kilbane... how many Everton appearances? 

If it was against Vardy we are all crying for a penalty. 

How can you say he dived, but it’s still a penalty???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clueless refereeing aside we didn’t deserve anything from that game. No shots until the 73rd minute isn’t good enough no matter who we’re playing.

3 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I thought VAR was supposed to separate the dives from the genuine fouls and level the playing field so certain teams don't get gifted penalties.

It is to judge clear and obvious errors. The bar is very high and I think most times contact is involved the decision will stay with the referee.

Aggravating but hopefully the players can learn from this game and grow further.

Haven't been annoyed at a refs performance in a while but F me could he not handle the pressure. 

Though soft, it was a penalty so I can't be mad at the decision but the mistake that lead to it was... :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Kavanagh was shocking.

From 45-60 mins we were shocking, from 60 minutes onwards we were brilliant.

Perez changed the game when he came on, fair play to him.

We gave a good account of ourselves, to lose in that manner though is sickening.

Kavanagh is a very weak ref. He just looks nervous. Every time their fans shouted, he bottled it and gave them a free kick. It was embarrassing. Said to my boys early in the second half that he would end up giving them a pen. It was inevitable.

• Thanks 1

Albrighton made a terrible error but I thought he was excellent before that. 

Desperately unlucky.  I hope this can steel our resolve. I initially thought Top Six will be hard to attain but you know what? I think if we stick to our guns and play Madison through the middle and play to our other strengths, third is ours.

Come on you Foxes!

Gutted obviously but no real complaints.

They really are that good and we contained them well.

Happy with not playing 2 dms but never want to see maddison on the wing again.

Even if we sneaked a win. We are not contenders but getting third has to be the aim and we are worthy of it. That is major progress.

Ps. It might have been a soft pen, but it was a pen. Albrightons error but im not going to hound him for it.

I feel surprisingly zen after that.

• Like 3

We shouldn’t be playing Maddison on the left, he’s wasted there and it has  a knock-on effect with other problems in the midfield and with Chilwell getting exposed. Rodgers needs to address this issue especially away from home. 

• Like 2

It feels like Arsenal in our title winning season when Danny welbeck scored in the last minute, but how did we respond in that season and I think this is a great mental test for our lads to see if they can overcome results like this because if they want to be top 4 then you have to put these kind of results behind you and move onto the next game as if we carry on playing like we have this season, we will win more games then we will lose for sure.

• Like 1