Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Disagree with this really, seems like a piece written to suit a narrative that we are potentially a top 4 side.

We were far more impressive last year at Anfield and could easily have lost the game today more comfortably. 

You’ve have to place it in the context no one has got as near as that to take points off them at Anfield since ourselves in January. We are including the likes of Barca in that too 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Gutted and annoyed the way we lost that but the way Kavanagh was reffing that game today the decisions against us the stupid so called fouls etc you knew he’d have a say who took the 3 points a away he listened to nearly every cry from the Anfield crowd what was Perez losing it over with?

But hey let’s pick ourselves up get back to winning ways starting with Burnley keep fighting for points and get our own back on Liverpool when they come to the KP!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Kavanagh is a cvnt of a ref anyway. He always was going to give that pen. He wanted to. Every little decision went to them including the so called high foot.

Something needs to pay for his dental bill. At least the tourists got to see Stonehenge today aswell as Anfield...

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

A blatant dive but Albrighton totally screwed us there. He could have hoofed it out, left it for Kaspar or just not made the challenge. I'm fuming at his stupidity!

The original challenge is great. If you watch the replay below you can see Mane coming between him and Schmeichel - no way he can leave it. He almost gets enough on the ball to take it away from Mane, but I'm sure he'll be dreaming about hoofing it tonight.

Guest Cujek
56 minutes ago, smr said:

Cheating bastards. Anyone who thinks thats a penalty has never played football before. 

Oscar worthy. There was the lightest of contact. But then Mane thought "hey, i've felt something, I'll go down now"

Never a ****ing penalty in a million years. 

Twats. Hope Man City win the league now.

Don't worry they will. 

I never want Liverpool to win anything mainly because of that bloody song they sing, I hate Liverpool only 2nd to spuds

All i can say is i’m encouraged by that game. defense was immense first half and we came back into it only to be separated by a tough call.

Very encouraging for a top 6 finish and i’m even starting to entertain a top 4 finish on that showing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

The foul on Youri is straight red in LaLiga.

Somehow not even yellow here.

Didn't even get a free kick. Symptomatic of Kavanagh's entire game, didn't think that was a foul, thought the peno was. An actual incident of maliciously kicking someone in the leg is fine, but touch a Liverpool player slightly and your in trouble.

I'm sure we'll get a load of dodgy pens in our favour at home though, won't we? Oh wait, no. These pricks who somehow give the home team everything never seem to turn up at our place to give us freebie penos.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

A blatant dive but Albrighton totally screwed us there. He could have hoofed it out, left it for Kaspar or just not made the challenge. I'm fuming at his stupidity!

if you watch it again VVD was blocking his path to kasper..

24 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

95th minute penalty to deny us a point says it all really. So soft! Had it happened at the other end there's no way it would have been given. May as well engrave the trophy now. The Premier League is desperate for Liverpool to win it this year. It's all about TV revenues. Liverpool are stacked but they will always get the rub of the green. Moments earlier, Soyuncu was blatantly pushed by Salah before Chaudhry scythed him down. No free kick given. Another decision that ultimately affected the outcome of the game. We won it all and that can never be taken away but it will never be allowed to happen again! For the same reason, top 4 for teams other than the big 6 will be very difficult to attain. Marginal decisions will always go against the rest of the league when the chips are really down. 

We saw it today and at Old Trafford; the presence of VAR has changed how officials treat not only the pivotal decisions, but also the more trivial ones. Refs can subtly give a top team an advantage by favouring them in a series of marginal decisions. Soyuncu was clearly pushed, not a foul. Perez has his foot at knee height, Van Dyke leaning in, foul given. The ref stopping play for a United player's non-head injury when we were breaking forward. The ref calling time today during our attacking move.

On the TTA foul on Youri, I could be wrong, but I thought the ball had just gone out of play before the contact.

• Like 3

We have little right to complain about the pen (it was, even if it took a dive to convince the ref) as Vardy buys so many for us.

Was far more irritated by what looked like a red for Trent in the first half on the needless Youri tackle.

We did ok 2nd half.

Lots having a dig at albrighton but nobody actually taking account of the fact that he did absolutely brilliantly to get back to make the first challenge. Yes he probably made an error when he could have hoofed it but manes dive was outrageous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

Does go to show how ****ing shambolic the use of VAR is it at the minute mind you. They failed to overturn that blatant foul on Haller for West Ham a few weeks back yet it gives this one. On penalty calls, it has been horrendous

Carragher made a good point on Monday Night Football - VAR is just being used at the moment for offside decisions and nothing else. They're petrified of using it to overrule subjective refereeing decisions as they don't want to be seen to be undermining the refs. I don't understand why refs aren't taking the opportunity to review incidents again on a pitch side screen, like at last year's World Cup. Is this facility not available?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

The original challenge is great. If you watch the replay below you can see Mane coming between him and Schmeichel - no way he can leave it. He almost gets enough on the ball to take it away from Mane, but I'm sure he'll be dreaming about hoofing it tonight.

Yeah your right actually, leaving it for Kaspar isn't really an option. He sooo doesn't have to make the challenge though, Evans is right in Manes face. Or he is until mane twists himself horizontal! 

We are still a huge work in progress but the difference to us this season than last is we will win our fair share of the games we SHOULD win and if we continue to do that and try and improve then top 6 will be a real possibility this season.

We still need to work out a system that everyone is happy with away vs the top teams as right now the systems we play leave Vardy completely anonymous and it's not as if he's a flat track bully with a poor record vs the elite like Lukaku. However, under Rodgers he's barely had a sniff when we play anything other than 4-1-4-1 and that's got to be a concern.

I thought overall we did ok today, 1st half we struggled to maintain any rhythm as we got the ball in to midfield and beyond but we still had a period of play before they scored where we were the better team and as above with Vardy being anonymous when Barnes cleverly won the ball and got him through before half time he wasn't sharp and fluffed his lines. 

The start of the 2nd half was again fairly one way traffic for Liverpool and I think they could and should have gone 2 up and game over but Perez coming on and Maddison being more central started to pay dividends and we got the equaliser which was poor from Adrian but a class move from Perez. 

We had half a sniff of Vatdy on the counter to take the lead but I sensed we'd still lose and cruelly we did. So heartbreaking but we will regroup and take the positives.

Praet once again had a great game, Soyuncu was superb and it was Evans who looked the more vulnerable today. Tielemans opened Liverpool up 3 times in the 1st half and Chilwell wasted every one of them, he frustrated so much and I'm at the point where I'd cash in if we can. He will never learn how to cross the ball as well as top level full backs do, Pep must be mad if he thinks he can.

We are in decent nick though after a tough opening 8 games, let's remember that!! Proud of this team

• Like 1