Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Another poor game but in that first half he was playing almost as a CB with Barnes as a wing back. I can only assume Brendan told him to do that, to mirror Villa's 3 at the back. That was a very poor decision from him because Chilwell didn't know whether he was coming or going. 

Brendan does seem desperate to play 3 at the back atm. Did it more explicitly at Newcastle and at home to Villa and Southampton. But also effectively did it at West Ham, Burnley and now at Villa by tucking Fuchs/Chilwell in. Thought it was to do with Fuchs not being a bucaneering wing back at 34 but the fact he did it today with Chilwell and had Barnes at wing back suggests that's not the reason. 

Tbh thought Chilwell played the position okay, that 2nd half header was superb. 

• Like 1

Other than Perez, there was no poor performances. Scapegoating Chilwell is pointless. The main issue is that there were too many 5 or 6s out of 10, there was nothing special to light the spark. If anything Chilwell kept us in the game with a goal face clearance. 

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Was it a tactical choice for him to be so defensive in the first half?

Brendan "big game" Rodgers negative tactics unfortunately.

1 minute ago, nettle said:

Brendan "big game" Rodgers negative tactics unfortunately.

I dunno, Barnes' best game was with Fuchs who never once overlapped, maybe he wanted to replicate that.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Other than Perez, there was no poor performances. Scapegoating Chilwell is pointless. The main issue is that there were too many 5 or 6s out of 10, there was nothing special to light the spark. If anything Chilwell kept us in the game with a goal face clearance. 

I think maybe some of the players can’t handle the big game pressure. Hence the 5/6 out of 10s. Scared to make a mistake or start hiding and can’t battle for it when it gets scrappy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

I dunno, Barnes' best game was with Fuchs who never once overlapped, maybe he wanted to replicate that.

Fuchs should played then, Chilwell looks better on the front foot if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Was it a tactical choice for him to be so defensive in the first half?

I'd say so. 

Didn't want us being so exposed on both flanks and risk getting fvcked over each side. I think we also went to 3 at the back and Chilwell was a makeshift CB probably to allow Pereira more freedom going forward. 

I wouldn't have it down to 'negative tactics' either from Rodgers as the other guy has it. 

Anyone saying anything negative about Chilwell tonight get in the bin, only finger to point is at Rodgers.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Anyone saying anything negative about Chilwell tonight get in the bin, only finger to point is at Rodgers.

Nothing negative about Chilwell thought he did ok, as I said Brendan looks to go a bit cautious in the big games. He seems to worry about the opposition to much for my liking but hey that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Chilwell looked so much more solid with Evans next to him whilst the right side of the defence looked shaky with Soyuncu moving to RCB. Strange that Rodgers changed it tonight but probably to protect Chilwell with his recent form. 

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Barnes best game was against West Ham, Chilwell was at FB. 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Vastly experienced then 😊

Unfortunate I think he’s at the ‘liability’ stage. Reminded me of Paul konsheky towards the end of 14/15 season. 

• Like 1

Why before a semi final against a midland rival is he shaking hands, laughing and joking with the other teams players? He should be wanting to give his all for LCFC and for those 90 minutes the Villa players should have been his worst enemies. I question the attitude within some of our players, we almost seem too nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why before a semi final against a midland rival is he shaking hands, laughing and joking with the other teams players? He should be wanting to give his all for LCFC and for those 90 minutes the Villa players should have been his worst enemies. I question the attitude within some of our players, we almost seem too nice.

We are indeed (at least when Hamza's not playing) the nicest team in the league and where do nice guys finish?

Video of him looking for opposition players to hug in the tunnel (counted 5) has pissed me right off. You just don’t do that before a semi final. Too nice 

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

Video of him looking for opposition players to hug in the tunnel (counted 5) has pissed me right off. You just don’t do that before a semi final. Too nice 

Agreed. Wonder what Roy Keane made of that glad-handing nonsense...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

This is football,Not an hyporitical Boxing Match for neanderthal fans....

Just Think about the various " Kick it out"   Thoughts und ideals....

I suppose it should also include bozos..!!:rolleyes:

Edited by fuchsntf

23 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We are indeed (at least when Hamza's not playing) the nicest team in the league and where do nice guys finish?

13 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

11 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Agreed. Wonder what Roy Keane made of that glad-handing nonsense...

Wow..missing links, do Really  exsist..!!  :whistle:

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This is football,Not an hyporitical Boxing Match for neanderthal fans....

Just Think about the various " Kick it out"   Thoughts und ideals....

I suppose it should also include bozos..!!:rolleyes:

I don't understand anything you've just said.

No-ones asking him to start a fight in tunnel, we're asking for him to focus on the game and want to win, not go looking for opposition players so he can have a hug and a chat.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

players are friends, that doesn't mean they don't want to win, in fact getting one over a mate is something we all love to do.

Any fan getting upset by this stuff is living in a delusional world and setting them self up for disappointment, there is a reason people like Roy Keane and Graham Souness, the type of people that are upset by this, cannot get a coaching job its because they a dinosaurs who have been passed by

• Like 2