Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Had the most touches for us today. 

Yes he’s a bit brain dead at times. And yes he’s been below par recently. Today showed us the best and the worst of him. Still young. Plenty of time to iron out the sloppiness. Fantastic player. 

Spot on 

He is a fantastic player 

Hopefully stays with us for many many seasons to come 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.90min.com/posts/6560377-leicester-city-should-not-be-afraid-to-lose-overrated-ben-chilwell

Not trying to start any boos or chants against him during games - support him - but taking emotions aside, I think the article is spot on. Repeats what has been said by some (including me) on FT, and his last point is also a good reflection of my fear, that his exit (if it does come to that although I would rather we get another player in to compete with him) might spark the exit of others especially Maddison. Hope not.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6560377-leicester-city-should-not-be-afraid-to-lose-overrated-ben-chilwell

Not trying to start any boos or chants against him during games - support him - but taking emotions aside, I think the article is spot on. Repeats what has been said by some (including me) on FT, and his last point is also a good reflection of my fear, that his exit (if it does come to that although I would rather we get another player in to compete with him) might spark the exit of others especially Maddison. Hope not.

Well that article is really going to help his confidence! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

29 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Personal favourite from the article “just realised saka is England’s best left back” lol 

I think Ricardo benefits defensively from having Evans next to him who knows positionally where to be all time. Soyuncu has been fantastic this season but sometimes his positioning has not been so good. 

I think the Villa second leg demonstrated this when for some reason Soyuncu and Evans swapped sides and both goals came down our right hand side. 

Chilwells form has dipped the last few weeks but he is still a fantastic player and definitely not overrated. I think he's more of a confidence player and needs the support of us and the team. He's got great stamina, pace, aerial ability, etc. but experience will help him to cut out the mistakes he makes. 

• Like 2

On 01/02/2020 at 20:43, cropstonfox said:

Great goal and a good game today

He is potentially a fantastic player

Not sure hes a full back . Gareth 

Bale started out as one........

Well he really is struggling with going forward at the minute so I wouldn’t fancy putting him on the wing. 

I don’t want to slate him too much, I hope he becomes a top player.

However, his attempts to stop crosses are abysmal. I’ve never seen anything like it at this level. He won’t commit to his man, leaving too much space to get a cross in. When he does try and block the cross, he doesn’t even attempt to read what the winger is doing. He stops and dangles a leg out in a very unique (and ineffective) manner. 

I think if they could coach this out of him, we’d be much more solid at the back. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

12 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t want to slate him too much, I hope he becomes a top player.

However, his attempts to stop crosses are abysmal. I’ve never seen anything like it at this level. He won’t commit to his man, leaving too much space to get a cross in. When he does try and block the cross, he doesn’t even attempt to read what the winger is doing. He stops and dangles a leg out in a very unique (and ineffective) manner. 

I think if they could coach this out of him, we’d be much more solid at the back. 

We are in agreement - we see he can’t defend for the most part.

It’s good to see a sense of realism once more in this thread to balance against over the top ‘ra ra ra’ posts I’ve read above. 

You guys....honestly 😃

• Thanks 1

Sick of seeing him flouncing about when a ball is in the air which is his to win. Seems to get himself in completely the wrong position to win it and today got outmanoeuvred by Mahrez and Jesus in these situations.  I just don’t get the hype 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

The tracking back for Jesus goal is pathetic. Ok so he’s playing wing back but Ricardo is busting a nut to get back on the other side. 

Wingbacks are not just there to attack the system only works if they defend as well

Sadly another example of his poor positional awareness 

It's difficult to be objective about BC as there are people that won't hear any criticism, accurate or not. 

He's good but not great yet. There's a top class player in there, absolutely, but there needs to be some improvements. 

Physically he's impressive. I think the mental aspect of his game needs work. He doesn't really seem to be mentally tough and his decision making is really, really poor when he's having a bad game. 

The tracking back is a great example of that. It wasn't lethargy or laziness. He's just decided its not his role at that point and made a bad decision costing us a goal. 

This will, however, improve with experience. Like all defenders, he'll make better decisions with age. 

The hugging and kissing opposition players before the game needs to stop. If for no other reason than it really ****s off the fans. He might not feel that important but it'll save him a boat load of hassle. The tribal nature of football fans isn't changing anytime soon, it'll be in his best interests to knock that on the head in front of the camera. 

Edit - improve wording.

Edited by foxile5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I felt he could have tracked Jesus against man city he was free to receive the pass and score.

That was more on Fuchs imo, he was closer to Jesus and with a bit more urgency could have cut out the pass, instead left a big gap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, FLAN said:

The way the whole defence parted you’d think it was Moses not Mahrez with the ball 

Hamza would have been in his face.

34 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I felt he could have tracked Jesus against man city he was free to receive the pass and score.

On the same page, any one of four players surrounding Mahrez could’ve closed him down or fouled him to stop him. 

• Like 3

Surprised he's getting the blame for the goal. 

Fuchs sticks with Jesus and there's no pass for Mahrez to make.

Other players could have gone towards Mahrez and at least not made it as easy for him to jog through, not just Chilwell.

Don't think he played badly. Certainly shouldn't be getting any more stick than any other players. Several times he got forward as a wing-back would, especially 2nd half, but was quickly surrounded by Man City players and/or had no options to pass. Then when he turned back there were moans and groans. Literally no other option for him sometimes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

On the same page, any one of four players surrounding Mahrez could’ve closed him down or fouled him to stop him. 

Precisely. You can see he initially has Jesus covered. But because nobody else goes to confront Mahrez, he takes a step out towards Mahrez to do the job himself. He should have stayed with Jesus, but in that split second where you have to make a decision it's easy to make the wrong choice.