Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

but he's laughing and joking not staring sternly ahead focused on the game, totally unprofessional ... 

True- I'd liked to see the follow on footage though- bet he switches back to the lean, mean  street dog look he usually has. 

Before Villa, I noticed someone in our line, maybe Ricardo with a serious very hard on his face when the hugging was going on- maybe just completely in the zone.

Just now, old koppite said:

True- I'd liked to see the follow on footage though- bet he switches back to the lean, mean  street dog look he usually has. 

Before Villa, I noticed someone in our line, maybe Ricardo with a serious very hard on his face when the hugging was going on- maybe just completely in the zone.

given all the pre match bullshit they have to do the time they totally switch on will be in the little huddle just before kick off, it'd be different if they just ran out and kicked off but that hasn't been a thing for a decade

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

given all the pre match bullshit they have to do the time they totally switch on will be in the little huddle just before kick off, it'd be different if they just ran out and kicked off but that hasn't been a thing for a decade

Yeah, good point.  It'd be interesting to hear from anyone on FT who has studied sport psychology recently.  

15 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

If he’s busy looking for his friends just minutes before we kick off a semi final are you telling me his focus is going to be 100% if he’s in a 50/50 challenge in the first minute against that same guy? 

He's a professional. So yes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Katy said:

I personally couldn’t give a flying f what Roy Keane would think about Chilwell saying hello to his mates in the tunnel, what’s he got to do with us? Just because he was a numbskulled hard man? Big deal. 

Agree with all of this 👍 except keane bring a hard man. He likes people to believe that as he is a control freak.

To be honest Ben just comes across as a nice guy and very popular with not only his team mates but also other players, many he has grown up with through the youth squad.  No-one questioned it before but since he had a dip in form every aspect of him has been analysed and picked apart.  Confidence is his problem as I'm sure most of you would agree so let's build him up and support him not constantly knock him down! 

Edited by Hales

20 minutes ago, Hales said:

To be honest Ben just comes across as a nice guy and very popular with not only his team mates but also other players, many he has grown up with through the youth squad.  No-one questioned it before but since he had a dip in form every aspect of him has been analysed and picked apart.  Confidence is his problem as I'm sure most of you would agree so let's build him up and support him not constantly knock him down! 

Hi Bens mum

• Haha 1

We lose a semi final and planks on this site are concerned that players hug each other before the game kicks off. Don’t know if these knowledgable football fans are aware that every player shakes every opposition players hands before kick off. Maybe that’s where we go wrong. 
Nothing to do with beating the goalie as long as we look hard in the tunnel or before we kick off 

• Like 2

I prefer the Gary Coatsworth approach for City against Derby in the play off final myself.

They are lining up in the tunnel at Wembley, and Derbys Tommy Johnson turns to Citys Gary Coatsworth and says "we`re about to run out at Wembley, isnt it fantastic mate"?  Coatsworth says nothing, then bends down and puts his nose right into Johnsons face, and shouts "Fvck off"!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Seen plenty of city fans having a cry because Chilwell hugged his (Villa) mates before the game. 

If you’re one of these people you have too much time on your hands. Go read a book, or have a beer. Relax.

I think its because the team lacked a bit of an edge over both legs. I personally liked too see how Keane, Neville etc, had some hostility before a game. Made the game better.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

I think its because the team lacked a bit of an edge over both legs. I personally liked too see how Keane, Neville etc, had some hostility before a game. Made the game better.

Modern football has changed. You won’t see rivalries like that anymore. Plus, they hated each other off the pitch too. Chilwell is mates with a lot of those boys in the video. Do people genuinely think by him doing that we handed a small advantage to Villa? Bare in mind that was Ben’s best performance in recent weeks.

• Like 1