Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

10 hours ago, BoyJones said:

The trouble is mate, that Leicester fans have history of having to have a boo boy. Social media has just exacerbated the problem. Chilwell is a brilliant player, one of England's current fullbacks, but is still learning and makes mistakes. If the boo boys drive him out of the club, it will be shameful; but we've have so many negative so called fans on Foxestalk, I can see him going in the summer. It will be our loss.

Yeh agreed, we have idiots on here and all over Facebook who have to have a scapegoat, even when we are doing well. Chilwells performances haven't been great and I'm sure hes aware of that and he needs to get his confidence back up but small sections of our fan base cant do that and would rather just keep slating him. It's very odd. 

• Like 1

A young academy product that is still learning his trade particularly needs our support during times when he might be struggling.  I find it so sad that some people do the very opposite of that.  Either they can't control their frustration or they are just plain thick.  It is counter-productive, may well have a knock-on effect among the other players and one day, we might be grateful of a bit of goodwill between players and fans when the bigger clubs come knocking.

• Like 3

After a large group of our fans were negative to him at the last home game, it’s really positive the comments on here, and that we do have some genuine awesome fans.

Thank **** as I was beginning to think that the majority of our fans are  knuckle dragging, troglodytes.

faith has been restored 

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 3

We press as a team so much better than him because he can actually run. Fuchs basically plays as a third cb and we can't push up effectively. Still not sure why he dribbles the ball out of play for no reason, but Schlupp did it as well, so it's obviously a skill we look for in left backs.

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 1

TBF, he has been asked to play more as a wing back, and even tried as an out and out winger in recent games and that is just not his game. he is much better when running out of defence with the ball and playing it forward to Barnes or Maddison. personally thought he had a good game, as did the whole team, last night.. not sure what has been said or been going on at the training ground but it certainly worked. The whole team looked totally rejuvenated and up for it and this obviously spurs them all on. More of the same please Ben.

12 hours ago, BoyJones said:

The trouble is mate, that Leicester fans have history of having to have a boo boy. Social media has just exacerbated the problem. Chilwell is a brilliant player, one of England's current fullbacks, but is still learning and makes mistakes. If the boo boys drive him out of the club, it will be shameful; but we've have so many negative so called fans on Foxestalk, I can see him going in the summer. It will be our loss.

:appl:

It will be SUCH a calamity if a section of our own daft boo boys drive Chilwell out of the club. Kick the boo boys out, keep Chilwell

Sorted.

I’ll say the same about Barnes. He’s one of the brightest young talents in English football, yet some on here literally only two weeks ago were clamouring to get him out on loan to a Championship club.

Yet another WTF moment on Foxes Talk...

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

If we can forget the England and Academy bit which is constantly used, he is a very useful player and he has a lot of good points to his game. What he should do is learn off Ricci ( who does not appear to have any weaknesses) and aspire to be a left sided version of him.

For all the improvement on Chilwell's performance last night, it's still staggering how many teams he manages to run the ball out of play or have a brain malfunction that prevents him from doing the basics. Yet on the other hand he makes the game seem so easy with the way he carries the ball up pitch and drives us on. 

I know he is a confidence player and therefore berating him for poor play is immoral and detrimental but I find it so difficult to accept the roughness around his game. I see why the likes of Pep wants him though, convinced that can be ironed out, where as a fair few of us aren't sure. What do we know ay?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

What game were you watching?

Enlighten me please,

what did he do that was amazing????

seing as we saw different games,

he gets away with average performances when we win,

I will change my score to 6/10 because he played alright but still cannot cross a ball and his control isn’t great 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

:appl:

It will be SUCH a calamity if a section of our own daft boo boys drive Chilwell out of the club. Kick the boo boys out, keep Chilwell

Sorted.

I’ll say the same about Barnes. He’s one of the brightest young talents in English football, yet some on here literally only two weeks ago were clamouring to get him out on loan to a Championship club.

Yet another WTF moment on Foxes Talk...

Yes Col, the lads are young and making mistakes because they are still learning the game. Barnes will be a great player - his weight of passing and reading of the game is improving all the time. Nacho has had to bide his time and taken a lot of stick from the fans, but has knuckled down and is showing his value more and more. 

You just have to give these young lads encouragement and support - if BR values them and he has worked with some brilliant players in his time, I reckon we should trust his judgement.

• Like 1

In terms of our history as a club this is probably one of the best seasons ever, and yet there has been so much moaning and grumbling, I just don’t get it, Chilwell, Perez and Barnes are 3 players in particular who have been singled out for abuse, and yet they’re all an integral part of our success this season.

Guest An Sionnach

Too much of the problem is this England International mania . I say so what , the top level of football now , and has been for a long while , is the Champions League . A lot of pretty average players play international football and not just for England. Ben has yet to prove himself when faced with the likes of Bayern or Barcelona , if he can do that then he really can be considered top class .At the moment he is a good player with the potential to be a very good player but there is still a lot of work to do.

43 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Enlighten me please,

what did he do that was amazing????

seing as we saw different games,

he gets away with average performances when we win,

I will change my score to 6/10 because he played alright but still cannot cross a ball and his control isn’t great 

What a load of rubbish we look shit without Chilwell 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

In terms of our history as a club this is probably one of the best seasons ever, and yet there has been so much moaning and grumbling, I just don’t get it, Chilwell, Perez and Barnes are 3 players in particular who have been singled out for abuse, and yet they’re all an integral part of our success this season.

Couldn't agree more, I've been watching football for 50 years and readily admit to sometimes not appreciating individual players, but the point is it's a TEAM game and not a group of individuals.

This is why apparently talented players often fail at new clubs and "ordinary" players shine in a good team.

It's easy to criticise certain players but as long as we are succeeding, the team is clearly performing as a unit and should not be meddled with too much....

And folks shouldn't moan!!

• Thanks 1

I’ve been quietly critical of him ever since he first came on the scene and I still don’t see anything to get excited about but last night I though he was ok/decent. I’d give him a 6/10 but he still hasn’t a clue what to do near the oppositions box and either just passes back to a centre half or runs it out of play for a goal kick. His defending has improved lots since he first played but he still gets caught out of position too much and doesn’t get out to try to stop crosses from coming in the box. I’ll give him more time yet as he’s clearly a very athletic young man who could come good and I fully trust Rogers coaching ability but he needs to start putting in some better performances. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For all the improvement on Chilwell's performance last night, it's still staggering how many teams he manages to run the ball out of play or have a brain malfunction that prevents him from doing the basics. Yet on the other hand he makes the game seem so easy with the way he carries the ball up pitch and drives us on. 

I know he is a confidence player and therefore berating him for poor play is immoral and detrimental but I find it so difficult to accept the roughness around his game. I see why the likes of Pep wants him though, convinced that can be ironed out, where as a fair few of us aren't sure. What do we know ay?

think we have to learn to just enjoy it. that's what i've decided. it was the same with schlupp, with dyer, even with someone as good as kante. sensational players to watch sometimes, but very capable of making you actually laugh out loud at the sheer stupidity of some of their touches. just roll with it and enjoy it innit. 

if one option is chilwell making 10 runs from the edge of our box to the edge of their's and completing a dribble or making a successful pass 6 or 7 times, but falling over or just running straight out of play 2 or 3 times, and the other option is he just passes it to jonny evans every time, i know which one i'd prefer. 

• Like 2

Apparent weaknesses: 

*Defensive positioning / playing the opposition onside

*Final ball / choice of pass 

Obvious Strengths: 

*Running with the ball / penetrating runs from own half to the opposition box or final third 

*General athleticism and fitness

*Actually a very decent and much improved defender if rated without the positional/offside aspect. 

Major reason to err on the side of encouragement over a lambasted approach: 

*Brilliant talent, England international that came through our academy. 

I can understand the recent criticism, but I can't understand the recent vitriol towards him on here. 

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Fantastic game yesterday.

Also I noticed the crowd appreciating him more even when things didn’t pay off, one time he overran the ball out for a goal kick and on the trek back to left back people were clapping him for the effort. We need to do that more often.

He'd be cheered for that every time. 

HE needs to be doing that more often. 

21 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

think we have to learn to just enjoy it. that's what i've decided. it was the same with schlupp, with dyer, even with someone as good as kante. sensational players to watch sometimes, but very capable of making you actually laugh out loud at the sheer stupidity of some of their touches. just roll with it and enjoy it innit. 

if one option is chilwell making 10 runs from the edge of our box to the edge of their's and completing a dribble or making a successful pass 6 or 7 times, but falling over or just running straight out of play 2 or 3 times, and the other option is he just passes it to jonny evans every time, i know which one i'd prefer. 

:yesyes: