Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Much better today. Still had some brain farty moments but at least he was looking to be positive with his passing and was willing to take on his man or come inside and create space like Ricardo does so often on the other side. Hopefully he keeps it up, pushes on and continues to perform like we know he can. 

59 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Anyone notice Rodgers tonight brought Chilwell over to the Kop at the end with his arm around him and calling for applause. Obviously the recent negativity from the ****** has been noticed in camp.

Thought the birch pre match rally to the fans was to do with this also

• Like 2

Liked the little push he got from Brendan at FT to get him to come over to the fans properly as to prove the point of “look, the fans are supporting you”

A big improvement this evening, not quite there tho, a few bad moves but it’s a positive step forward nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

More like you should support him. What diabolical fans we have, criticism on a message board is one thing, at the ground  it’s another.

Either way it showed Ben that there is support out there (even though some seem reluctant to give it) whether he called for it or not.

& I agree others have been too critical of him. The usual fans who sit around me are very vocal at times but they seemed a lot more forgiving tonight, hopefully it’ll stay that way whilst he gets back on track. 

Onwards and upwards 👍🏼

Remarkable improvement tonight. Lung-bursting runs forward and nearly grabbed a goal, of which I was so desperately wanting him to score. 

The way the game panned out really worked out for him well but he still had to do his job on that left side and did so very well. The fact he was absolutely dominating that left side right until the last minute with those runs just goes to show how much he wants to do well and put in a good effort & performance to good measure today.

Rodgers as well showing how much of a great man manager he is as others have pointed out with what he did at the end of the game. Knows Chilwell has come in for some slack (OTT and unwarranted in some parts) so makes a point of making sure he takes the adulation of the crowd for the team performance today. Giving him the limelight and allowing him to milk it. That'll do him the world of good going forward. Liked Birch's little cameo message too pre-game. 

• Like 1

At 2-1 late on in the game, he tried a nutmeg on Zabaleta I think it was, with space to run in behind, it didn't come off but not a single person moaned about it. I applauded it. That's what we want to see, a bit of bravery, inventiveness going forward and it seems like Chilwell has had a rocket up his arse too.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Your first point is really telling. 

The crowd are more than happy to back him when he's playing the way that we know he can. 

The negativity of his football in recent weeks is mirrored by the crowd, and rightly so. He's been the weak link. 

Hopefully he sees that. It isn't a personal vendetta, i don't think. 

Regardless of whether he has been the weak link or not, the abuse hes been getting on social media and from small sections in the stands is just appalling. Weve had much worse players and been in much worst situations than we are this season and I've not seen this level of abuse very often before. It's fair to say this player had a bad game etc when they do but the abuse of Chilwell has gone way over board. We have to put faith in Rodgers. If he seems Ben should keep playing then fine. If he thinks he should be rested then that's also fine. Either way, hes still a young player learning his game and he needs our support. Regardless of what some fans think of him, he is generally highly rated and is coveted by a lot of top clubs who would be willing to spend quite big on him. If we dropped him for the rest of the season as some have suggested, we'd never get the money for him that we would get if he keeps playing for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

That’s big of you. This post is just about ok, but if you do a poor one I’m going to call you out and boo every time you touch the keypad. If Derby’s forum offer us 2 iPads for Chrysalis I’ll drive him there myself

The best way for players to drive of their critics is to perform, no other way really.

Look how much more favoured Nacho is looked upon now e.g.