Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Recommended Posts

Playing as if he had a kick up the backside, finally he ran forward again with ball, as long as he keeps doing that I will stay off his back.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

5/10 tonight 

As always. Great in those middle 3 sections but poor in the final 2 each end 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Your first point is really telling. 

 

The crowd are more than happy to back him when he's playing the way that we know he can. 

 

The negativity of his football in recent weeks is mirrored by the crowd, and rightly so. He's been the weak link. 

 

Hopefully he sees that. It isn't a personal vendetta, i don't think. 

Regardless of whether he has been the weak link or not, the abuse hes been getting on social media and from small sections in the stands is just appalling. Weve had much worse players and been in much worst situations than we are this season and I've not seen this level of abuse very often before. It's fair to say this player had a bad game etc when they do but the abuse of Chilwell has gone way over board. We have to put faith in Rodgers. If he seems Ben should keep playing then fine. If he thinks he should be rested then that's also fine. Either way, hes still a young player learning his game and he needs our support. Regardless of what some fans think of him, he is generally highly rated and is coveted by a lot of top clubs who would be willing to spend quite big on him. If we dropped him for the rest of the season as some have suggested, we'd never get the money for him that we would get if he keeps playing for the rest of the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

That’s big of you. This post is just about ok, but if you do a poor one I’m going to call you out and boo every time you touch the keypad. If Derby’s forum offer us 2 iPads for Chrysalis I’ll drive him there myself

The best way for players to drive of their critics is to perform, no other way really.

 

Look how much more favoured Nacho is looked upon now e.g.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Chilwell played much better today as did much of the team but there still seem to be a few people who like to abuse Chilwell at the slightest mistake.

There were some around me how were chanting “fing useless” when he made a slight mistake. This abuse of our own players is disgusting not helpful and needs to stop

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Leicester fans have a history of being way too harsh on players that are good looking for some reason...

Norman Leet, Jimmy Willis, Tommy English, Mark de Vries, Nils Eric Johansson, Matt Heath, Martin Keown, Kevin Pressman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is good that he listened to the crowd and tried to be more positive and responded. Seems Rodgers is aware too. Good signs. Others played better but still overall a good reaction. He could still do more to control his ego (especially when he himself is not playing well) and not moan at Barnes and Perez. On the other hand, good to see Soy shouted at him too for a dangerous backward pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is good that he listened to the crowd and tried to be more positive and responded. Seems Rodgers is aware too. Good signs. Others played better but still overall a good reaction. He could still do more to control his ego (especially when he himself is not playing well) and not moan at Barnes and Perez. On the other hand, good to see Soy shouted at him too for a dangerous backward pass.

Impressive how open you are about your double standards. Really quite impressive to string those last 2 sentences together unironically. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He took players on today which he should definitely do more often 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Norman Leet, Jimmy Willis, Tommy English, Mark de Vries, Nils Eric Johansson, Matt Heath, Martin Keown, Kevin Pressman.

All stunningly beautiful Geoff and you know it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Impressive how open you are about your double standards. Really quite impressive to string those last 2 sentences together unironically. 

Haha. Was walking typing that. What I was saying is that he was just getting a taste of his own medicine.  I really feel this is good for him - to help him stay humble and learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Haha. Was walking typing that. What I was saying is that he was just getting a taste of his own medicine.  I really feel this is good for him - to help him stay humble and learn.

They all shout at each other it's totally normal. You are just seeing things through the lens of your own preconceptions imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Regardless of whether he has been the weak link or not, the abuse hes been getting on social media and from small sections in the stands is just appalling. Weve had much worse players and been in much worst situations than we are this season and I've not seen this level of abuse very often before. It's fair to say this player had a bad game etc when they do but the abuse of Chilwell has gone way over board. We have to put faith in Rodgers. If he seems Ben should keep playing then fine. If he thinks he should be rested then that's also fine. Either way, hes still a young player learning his game and he needs our support. Regardless of what some fans think of him, he is generally highly rated and is coveted by a lot of top clubs who would be willing to spend quite big on him. If we dropped him for the rest of the season as some have suggested, we'd never get the money for him that we would get if he keeps playing for the rest of the season. 

The trouble is mate, that Leicester fans have history of having to have a boo boy. Social media has just exacerbated the problem. Chilwell is a brilliant player, one of England's current fullbacks, but is still learning and makes mistakes. If the boo boys drive him out of the club, it will be shameful; but we've have so many negative so called fans on Foxestalk, I can see him going in the summer. It will be our loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Norman Leet, Jimmy Willis, Tommy English, Mark de Vries, Nils Eric Johansson, Matt Heath, Martin Keown, Kevin Pressman.

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not cos i fancy half of them, at least.

Edited by Gamble92
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

They all shout at each other it's totally normal. You are just seeing things through the lens of your own preconceptions imo.

No. You have obviously not been watching Chilwell close enough for years. He is different. When he makes a bad pass, he would often gesture to teammates or at least show a facial expression to put the blame on teammates. Someone who always blame others for own faults can never really get to their full potential. This is the thing I had with him. It is fine to be confident like Maddison - different when you go around and blame others. Also compare to Vardy - when someone makes a bad pass to him, he would often still put the thumbs up to encourage his teammates. Just different.

 

I am all for Chilwell improving and look forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disgraceful how a young man gets groans and moans off his own fans for trying to attack and be positive, the L1 knuckle heads let themselves down (again) last night 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chilwell is absolutely going to leave one day, and then when he leaves we'll be shocked at how an academy product could betray us, completely ignorant of how weirdly harsh we were on him.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Norman Leet, Jimmy Willis, Tommy English, Mark de Vries, Nils Eric Johansson, Matt Heath, Martin Keown, Kevin Pressman.

You forgot Wasilewski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looks a bit short of confidence tbf

I wish people would get off his fookin back, give him time and let him develop into the great LB he undoubtedly will become.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...