Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

I thought Chilwell played much better today as did much of the team but there still seem to be a few people who like to abuse Chilwell at the slightest mistake.

There were some around me how were chanting “fing useless” when he made a slight mistake. This abuse of our own players is disgusting not helpful and needs to stop

• Like 2

It is good that he listened to the crowd and tried to be more positive and responded. Seems Rodgers is aware too. Good signs. Others played better but still overall a good reaction. He could still do more to control his ego (especially when he himself is not playing well) and not moan at Barnes and Perez. On the other hand, good to see Soy shouted at him too for a dangerous backward pass.

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is good that he listened to the crowd and tried to be more positive and responded. Seems Rodgers is aware too. Good signs. Others played better but still overall a good reaction. He could still do more to control his ego (especially when he himself is not playing well) and not moan at Barnes and Perez. On the other hand, good to see Soy shouted at him too for a dangerous backward pass.

Impressive how open you are about your double standards. Really quite impressive to string those last 2 sentences together unironically. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Impressive how open you are about your double standards. Really quite impressive to string those last 2 sentences together unironically. 

Haha. Was walking typing that. What I was saying is that he was just getting a taste of his own medicine.  I really feel this is good for him - to help him stay humble and learn.

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Haha. Was walking typing that. What I was saying is that he was just getting a taste of his own medicine.  I really feel this is good for him - to help him stay humble and learn.

They all shout at each other it's totally normal. You are just seeing things through the lens of your own preconceptions imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Regardless of whether he has been the weak link or not, the abuse hes been getting on social media and from small sections in the stands is just appalling. Weve had much worse players and been in much worst situations than we are this season and I've not seen this level of abuse very often before. It's fair to say this player had a bad game etc when they do but the abuse of Chilwell has gone way over board. We have to put faith in Rodgers. If he seems Ben should keep playing then fine. If he thinks he should be rested then that's also fine. Either way, hes still a young player learning his game and he needs our support. Regardless of what some fans think of him, he is generally highly rated and is coveted by a lot of top clubs who would be willing to spend quite big on him. If we dropped him for the rest of the season as some have suggested, we'd never get the money for him that we would get if he keeps playing for the rest of the season. 

The trouble is mate, that Leicester fans have history of having to have a boo boy. Social media has just exacerbated the problem. Chilwell is a brilliant player, one of England's current fullbacks, but is still learning and makes mistakes. If the boo boys drive him out of the club, it will be shameful; but we've have so many negative so called fans on Foxestalk, I can see him going in the summer. It will be our loss.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Norman Leet, Jimmy Willis, Tommy English, Mark de Vries, Nils Eric Johansson, Matt Heath, Martin Keown, Kevin Pressman.

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not cos i fancy half of them, at least.

Edited by Gamble92
Grammar

45 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

They all shout at each other it's totally normal. You are just seeing things through the lens of your own preconceptions imo.

No. You have obviously not been watching Chilwell close enough for years. He is different. When he makes a bad pass, he would often gesture to teammates or at least show a facial expression to put the blame on teammates. Someone who always blame others for own faults can never really get to their full potential. This is the thing I had with him. It is fine to be confident like Maddison - different when you go around and blame others. Also compare to Vardy - when someone makes a bad pass to him, he would often still put the thumbs up to encourage his teammates. Just different.

I am all for Chilwell improving and look forward to it.

12 minutes ago, Katy said:

Everyone upped their game last night but I’m

particularly pleased for Chilly, I hope we can continue to get behind him. The crowd clearly helped him and ‘we’ need to bear this in mind before abusing him. 

Agree. He responded positively and we should indeed get behind him.

• Like 2