Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

3 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Watched Grealish yesterday and he was by far the best player on the pitch, I think Villa are going down so why not make a bid in January or dangle a couple of players for a trade in with £35/£40 million as well...

Zero chance of Villa letting him go in January and Grealish will probably get better offers than us in the summer CL or not. 

He's 24 now so won't want to waste his career at Villa whether they stay up or not. He'll be obtainable for the top clubs and will be desirable for a few of them. 

Edited by Gerard

We've got no chance of signing another PL team's star player, not in January anyway. You can forget Zaha, Grealish or Ings, no way any of them are being sold mid-season.

If we do get anyone it'll be from abroad or the Championship I would imagine.

• Like 1

Sorry Marc, back to Villa with warm wishes.

Sorry Demarai, back to the bakery isle.

Welcome Bowen. Super, smashing, great.

Welcome Demiral, bottom bunk below Cags.

• Like 2

I hope we go into next season with an upgrade on Albrighton/Gray, Morgan and Iheanacho. Lot of love for some of those but yesterday showed we need a bit more quality in places. If we can move on one of the wingers, get Morgan on the coaching staff and Kelichi for a fair price, then upgrade each, we'll have one hell of a squad. If we could start things moving in Jan, even better.

Deulofeu's another I think you're just nailed on to overpay. He'll probably cost something stupid like £50mil and while on his day he's great, he's pretty inconsistent.

Bailey, Ziyech or Lemar for me. One of those three. There'll be no value at all in buying from the Premier League in January.

12 hours ago, hamptonfox said:

Watching Watford today I'd take Deulofeu to replace Perez any day. The work rate and ability to occupy 2 or 3 opponents at once on a mazy run makes Perez's efforts look putrid.

In fairness, Pearson is the first manager ever to get any semblance of work rate out of Deulofeu. He is also the embodiment of inconsistency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Which Berardi, there's a few. I assume the Marseille one? Feel those two strikers are too good to sit on our bench.

Potentially on about the Italian Domineco Berardi who plays in Italy, he can also operate as a wide player too. With talk now of Ziyech going to Chelsea or Arsenal we have to act..... I will be bitterly disappointed in the club if we fail to get a quality player in, in January.