Sign in to follow this  
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Watching Watford today I'd take Deulofeu to replace Perez any day. The work rate and ability to occupy 2 or 3 opponents at once on a mazy run makes Perez's efforts look putrid.

A centre back and a winger or 2 will do me. Think we will probably only buy one or two players at most and allow some fringe players to leave if the right offers come in. 

Sorry Marc, back to Villa with warm wishes.

Sorry Demarai, back to the bakery isle.

Welcome Bowen. Super, smashing, great.

Welcome Demiral, bottom bunk below Cags.

• Like 2

I hope we go into next season with an upgrade on Albrighton/Gray, Morgan and Iheanacho. Lot of love for some of those but yesterday showed we need a bit more quality in places. If we can move on one of the wingers, get Morgan on the coaching staff and Kelichi for a fair price, then upgrade each, we'll have one hell of a squad. If we could start things moving in Jan, even better.

7 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Deulofeu anyone?

After that second half today 100%. Hope Nige don’t pull off a great escape this time so we can get him. 

Stengs and Deulofue :wub: 

that would be us as a team pretty much there, with a young centre back who can fill Evans shoes (Benkovic could still be that man but would like one more too)

Edited by pmcla26

Delefelou blows hot and cold no denying he is a talented player but he isn’t consistent enough for a Top 4 potential team, mid table is his level.

If we are to sign a winger I think we will sign Chukwueze from Villareal

Volland 

Berardi

Rashica

Bergwijn 

That's who we should be targeting if we want to make a statement.

In my opinion. We should get Demiral 100%. Pay whatever they want.

Hwang Hee Chan.

And a class winger, someone like...

Ziyech

Thauvin

Or Bailey

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 2

Deulofeu's another I think you're just nailed on to overpay. He'll probably cost something stupid like £50mil and while on his day he's great, he's pretty inconsistent.

Bailey, Ziyech or Lemar for me. One of those three. There'll be no value at all in buying from the Premier League in January.

12 hours ago, hamptonfox said:

Watching Watford today I'd take Deulofeu to replace Perez any day. The work rate and ability to occupy 2 or 3 opponents at once on a mazy run makes Perez's efforts look putrid.

In fairness, Pearson is the first manager ever to get any semblance of work rate out of Deulofeu. He is also the embodiment of inconsistency.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Volland 

Berardi

Rashica

Bergwijn 

That's who we should be targeting if we want to make a statement.

Which Berardi, there's a few. I assume the Marseille one? Feel those two strikers are too good to sit on our bench.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Which Berardi, there's a few. I assume the Marseille one? Feel those two strikers are too good to sit on our bench.

Potentially on about the Italian Domineco Berardi who plays in Italy, he can also operate as a wide player too. With talk now of Ziyech going to Chelsea or Arsenal we have to act..... I will be bitterly disappointed in the club if we fail to get a quality player in, in January.

19 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Deulofeu anyone?

Bloke behind me at the ground v Watford this season won't be happy. "Here's another Italian who thinks he's better than he is."

I thought he may think he's better than he is who knows but at least he knows the difference between Italy and spain.

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I watched Ajax this weekend, I personally hope we have a scout watching them every week. That side is full of talent.

Always have time for the Eredivisie. Was a Feyenoord / Koeman fan when I first started watching football. Great matches and support. Always wondered why so many great players never made it to England and the money.

Ajax are the gold standard when it comes to clubs punching above their financial weight. Something that I hope we're aiming for but with the ability to spend when we need to. We play in a much tougher league so its harder for us. Never any downtime in the PL as Norwich showed.

Really hope this club has the fortitude, persistence and patience to make it happen. Years of work ahead.

Edited by SO1
  • Like 1

Deulofeu is absolutely doggo.

If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd have about 9 Balon d'Ors.

Bin. Wouldn't fit in here whatsoever.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Cannot believe people genuinely want us to drop 75mil+ on Zaha.

3 goals and 1 assist this season.

Imagine if we dropped £75m and he gave us that return. 

I actually like him as a player and remember going Palace away in our title winning year when we were linked with Bolassie as he was considered the main man at Palace at the time. Zaha was much more impressive and if we were going to go for a winger it should have been him but even though I think Zaha would improve us that ship has now sailed. We can't be spending huge money on a player at his peak with no resale value and won't make a huge difference.

I made the same point when people were clamoring for Sigurdsson as a 28yo for £45m. This is not our modus operandi to spend huge money on 27/28yo players who aren't of interest to the elite clubs. We need to be buying players in their early 20's with great potential preferably from the Championship, abroad or relegated PL clubs. It's pointless trying to buy the best player in other PL clubs as they'll just have your eyes out. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4