Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

5 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Someone on here said he had a bad attitude when I queried how good is he?

I never really heard that when he was in Europe, is it actually just based on the fact he went to China in the first place? I mean it could be true, idk, but it seems a bit unfair if the only evidence is he took money to play in a shit league.

6 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Someone on here said he had a bad attitude when I queried how good is he?

I think that his motives have rightly been questioned. Going to China when you're one of the best young wide players in Europe was very odd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

In transfer fees, yeah. 

In agent bungs, bonuses, wages, add ons for the player, etc? I imagine both would come here as - at very least - about our joint highest paid players.

Something we can no doubt afford, I guess, if we do guarantee top 4 but it's still a gamble.

My heart says you're right, they're both attainable and exactly what we should aim for, my head says we're just not a big enough club to pull off those signings yet and Tielemans was more an exception than the rule. I want to be wrong, obviously. Lemar here would be probably my favourite signing in an age.

Could probably get both on loan for £5m fees and then agreement in principle on permanent transfers if we finish top 4. I do think something of that scenario will happen next month with us and a high calibre player/s.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I never really heard that when he was in Europe, is it actually just based on the fact he went to China in the first place? I mean it could be true, idk, but it seems a bit unfair if the only evidence is he took money to play in a shit league.

In the parlance of Foxestalk, Gerrim in!

And Torres🤓

Need a winger who will really improve the team, it's a shame the Robben thing never happened, Barnes needs a class winger to learn from. I'm sure Cags wouldn't be so far along in his development if he didn't have Evans, Wes and Toure to work with every day. Who in our squad or coaching team is capable of guiding Barnes? Probably hasn't helped Demari either, Albrighton is a different type of winger to the 2 young lads. We could really do with splashing big money on a real class, experienced winger to not just improve the team in the here and now but for the future as well.

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo    Evans    Soyuncu    Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans            Maddison

Lemar                                  Carrasco

Vardy

We’d need Mascherano’s and Tavez’s agent to get that pair over the line :whistle:

• Haha 1

On 24/12/2019 at 17:37, MC Prussian said:

Maybe it's down to the fact that he's useless or rather wasted as a winger. And kudos to Pearson for correcting that mistake.

I'm sure as a key player, Vardy gest some extra consideration in the treatment room during the week.

Had Vardy ever played on the wing before Pearson played him there? Don’t think much kudos is due if you made the mistake in the first place.

15 hours ago, frany104 said:

I would like us to go for Nzonzi to beef up the midfield. He’s also quality on the ball too. Wouldn’t cost too much surely.

Having a nightmare at Galatasaray on loan I heard the other day. Nowhere near the player he was on current form. I’d avoid. Wilf is flying and I’d back Hamza to develop 

Another championship player to look out for. Left footed right winger, France u21 international and the Brentford fans rate him highly

More goal contributions than Eze & Benrahama who have both been suggested in this thread.

Some real high praise in the link above to Brentford’s forum:

The lad is absolute class. A great team player, plenty of goals, assists, tackles and more than happy to track back and cover Dalsgaard.’

‘So direct; he’s physical, instinctive, a goalscorer and must scare the crap out of defenders.’

’His work rate is incredible and he's really good at winning balls when closing players down on top of his attacking play. Made one fantastic tackle in the first half where he'd sprinted the length of the pitch and then came away with the ball.’

Edited by Shane

We need a wide man, who can occupy defenders and create space for Maddison and Tielemans. Just see the chaos Traore causes for Wolves at the moment. Probably cannot get someone that good, but someone who can drible and keep hold of the ball. 

Edited by Jonezy
  • Like 1