Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal 2-0 Post Match Thread

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Haha my mind also turned to this too!! Ingrained in you as a Leicester fan!

I haven't thought once about that this season actually. 

Like Maddison said we are a top team and other team's have to take notice... and it's that mentality that Rodgers has instilled in the squad. It's absolutely superb.

It's as though he came in and said to the players, 'look, we are Leicester City, we're a top team, we are capable of winning trophies and getting into Europe'

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

We've got some bloody brilliant footballers right now.

In my opinion this is a better side than 15/16. Watching Youri, Madders and Wilf in midfield is an absolute joy.

That's kind of the engine that drives this club. And it's so much fun to watch them.

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Fans probably came into this thinking it would be an easy 3 pts. They still have some quality players, we weren't at our best until we got the first goal but it's great to be able to come away with that result!

It kind of depends who you're having sex with but from my point of view I agree 👍

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sorry but when the fvck have Arsenal ever played that defensively away to us?! 

It speaks volumes of where each club is at. We have made King Power a fortress again and Arsenal have come here for a point based on that first half showing. Disgusting from them with the players at their disposal. 

Anyway, enough about them. How fvcking good were we?! Professional and patient in equal measure. Beautiful football in tight spaces leading to Vardy's goal. So calm on the ball given the conditions too. 

Ndidi is just getting better and better. He's refined his passing game in the last 12 months and fits in perfectly in the tactics. I've seen Maddison has said it's like playing with 2 players when Ndidi is there. Where has that been said before?! Ndidi is putting in Kante-esque performances right now though. 

Another clean sheet. 6 wins in a row in all competitions. 9 (nine) points ahead of 5th place in November is just ridiculous. And much further ahead of Spurs and Man Utd. Always great to see. 

This club is in such a great place. Everyone pulling in the right direction. Long may it continue! 

This is how I feel, we are not looking to be the best of the rest, we are looking to be........ I won't go there, but wow we look good. 

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In fact one thing I think that separates us from being at the very top table in the league is that Tielemans and Maddison don't believe in themselves enough. I don't want them to become arrogant but the next step in their development is to realise they are the real deal and to disrespect opposition teams that are not as good as them. Once they started to play and get on top we blew Arsenal away and in fact it's been the case in every game so far. When Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans are on song, we win the game! Maddison especially is becoming the real deal... he was very technical last season but didn't really affect games that much. This season he is something else, if his name was Andres Madiesta, people would be spaffing their load over him. He's pure class, Youri Tielemans too. Is our midfield the best in the league? I think it is.

I think you're right. And that's probably the final step before they elevate to the next level and become recognized stars in the league.  They're getting there though. And I just think back to some stretches this season when they just dominated opponents - first one that comes to mind is the 2nd half at Chelsea when we kind of got a sneak preview of what was to come.  I also think we're going to see more and more of it moving forward.

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 1

I think in previous years we have had some great games against Arsenal However today i felt the game was totally ours... there was no roar of the crowd to spur the team on for some pressure play ( the crowed were great) there was no “20 minutes of passionate play”  to win us the game. it was totally ours. we played them on a level par and outplayed them because we have A BETTER TEAM than they do. that’s why we won.

We have a better team than Arsenal and Spurs. Just let that sink in for a while.