Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Don't believe the article? It's full of first hand quotes from him? 

"For me, it’s clear that I lost two years at the highest level" 

Or are you saying they made the quotes up? 

Sorry my sarcasm detector may malfunctioning but of course newspapers, and shitty second rate sports websites, make up quotes. Not sure about this one, of course. But journalists and newspaper owners lie.

But if Ryiad means he'd have done better to skip the Ranieri/Shakey and Shakey/Puel seasons and be go to Man City sooner then yeah he's right. Of course he's right.

It strikes of someone sulking but he's not wrong - just moaning.

Edited by Foxxed

Guest BlueBrett
40 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm sure that Mahrez could take a shit on your doorstep and piss through your letterbox and his apologists would still defend him.

These are direct quotes.  No fondness for the club that took him from absolute obscurity to Premier League Champions and Champions League.  He could still be knocking around the French leagues if it wasn't for us.  You could argue that we lost two years from his half-arsed performances.

I never missed him for a moment since he left us and we improved the team by spending his fee on Evans, Maddison and Ricardo.  Horrible little gobshite.  The epitome of the worst type of the modern day spoiled brat footballer.

lol How is an English website referencing an anonymous translation of an interview given in French to another outlet a 'direct quote'? 

You're pure fodder haha

Guest An Sionnach

Danny or Ngolo would never bad mouth us , they know how much this club did for them. It may be different but Harry Maguire would never do it either.

3 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

lol How is an English website referencing an anonymous translation of an interview given in French to another outlet a 'direct quote'? 

You're pure fodder haha

Haha, I didn't realise SW were doing that. Cba to actually read it. 

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They sign the contract because it means more money but they still think a tantrum or two will get them away when the time comes.

I would like to remember Mahrez for his amazing goals but instead I think of him sitting in an airport waiting for his mobile to ring.

Exactly my point. Players need some of this power removed from them. This situation is going to become more and more common. 

Just about every club in the league can afford to turn down huge offers for their players now. If a solution isnt found we are going to have players on strike every January.  

9 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

You're pure fodder haha

Ignoring your weird insult, it is because is is quoted in speech marks directly attributing the quote to Mahrez.  The journalist leaves himself open to litigation if he can't prove it is correct.

You believe what you want to believe, but your sweet prince is just a gnat's cock ahead of Dennis Wise in my estimations.

Edited by murphy

Can say what he likes. Not our player anymore. Soon as they become an asset to another team, not bothered. 

Wasn't bothered when with Kante when he left. Not bothered after Riyad went.

Even Heskey wasn't anything to bother about as soon as we sold him to Liverpool. 

Besides... Superstar primadonna players bitches about the moves they never made to other clubs. 

I'm sure Chelsea fans are really bothered about Eden Hazard after wanting to go to Real Madrid for 2 seasons straight as well.

Just now, murphy said:

Do what you want but if you quote someone and it's wrong then you might find yourself in court.  Not great logic.

As  I said earlier, RM apologists will do anything to believe the best of their sweet fcking prince.

What an earth is Mahrez going to gain by fighting them over such a minor thing that only the cry babies on here care about? You're talking peanuts in damages to most people let alone a footballer. And all it has to be is a dodgy translation/some sentences missing and nothing is happening.

Anyway, personal arguments aside, what I'm saying is that that website is not at all credible, quoting yet another very hit and miss site. The amount of shite that's apparently said because it gets lost in translation isn't exactly insignificant. I'm not saying he didn't say anything close to that (perhaps I should have been clearer on that), I'm just saying that I don't see a situation what he said that, line for line. He's a sulker so of course it's plausible he'd whine about not getting a move sooner. I'd agree with you that only his fanboys would think he's not capable of moaning about getting a move.

My point is, do you really see a professional footballer coming out and being so damning of the team that not only made him the player he is but also allowed him to part of one of the most magnificent stories in sporting history? Literally a word or 2 out of place or a missing sentence and it can completely change the context of it.

I just find it funny because clearly so many people still hung up on him. Yeah, it was crappy that he tried to force his way out. But, we got loads of money for a player who was (mostly) quality for us and we wouldn't have achieved what we did without him. And we're a better team now. I'd be much more sore if Kante was bad mouthing us. Plus, as everyone has said; Arsenal lol

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Ignoring your weird insult, it is because is is quoted in speech marks directly attributing the quote to Mahrez.  The journalist leaves himself open to litigation if he can't prove it is correct.

But you believe what you want to believe.  

Yeah when it comes to sports new and making stuff up... There's no one willing to put the effort into libelous accusations. Papers will just retract the statement and maybe pay a fine. 

Nothing anywhere ever has a news outlet really ever faced any real sanctions with regards to making things up. Especially in the realms of football. 

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Ignoring your weird insult, it is because is is quoted in speech marks directly attributing the quote to Mahrez.  The journalist leaves himself open to litigation if ihe can't prove it is correct.

,,,But you believe what you want to believe.  

The quotes are almost certainly accurate. It would be a very odd thing for France Football to make up, and they likely wouldn't dare use direct quotes unless they were genuine ones. I'm surprised anybody is sceptical anyway, given Mahrez's behaviour during those transfer windows - doesn't this just confirm what we already knew about him?

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What an earth is Mahrez going to gain by fighting them over such a minor thing that only the cry babies on here care about? You're talking peanuts in damages to most people let alone a footballer. And all it has to be is a dodgy translation/some sentences missing and nothing is happening.

Reputation and misrepresentation.  If I were him I would be pissed off if that was attributed to me but untrue.  It would take a phone call for him to get that sorted on his behalf.

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Anyway, personal arguments aside, what I'm saying is that that website is not at all credible, quoting yet another very hit and miss site. The amount of shite that's apparently said because it gets lost in translation isn't exactly insignificant. I'm not saying he didn't say anything close to that (perhaps I should have been clearer on that), I'm just saying that I don't see a situation what he said that, line for line. He's a sulker so of course it's plausible he'd whine about not getting a move sooner. I'd agree with you that only his fanboys would think he's not capable of moaning about getting a move.

My point is, do you really see a professional footballer coming out and being so damning of the team that not only made him the player he is but also allowed him to part of one of the most magnificent stories in sporting history? Literally a word or 2 out of place or a missing sentence and it can completely change the context of it.

I just find it funny because clearly so many people still hung up on him. Yeah, it was crappy that he tried to force his way out. But, we got loads of money for a player who was (mostly) quality for us and we wouldn't have achieved what we did without him. And we're a better team now. I'd be much more sore if Kante was bad mouthing us. Plus, as everyone has said; Arsenal lol

I agree with you, that site is not great in the main, however, if they're gonna quote directly, that takes it above the usual rumour and spectulation into them reporting it as fact.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I have been pointing out the bloke is an utter **** for a year. People have leapt to his defence as though related to him. I'm glad this shines a light on what a stoool sample he is. 

One of our greatest ever players, and no mistake, but he is a disloyal, arrogant, selfish cock. 

The Algerians love to spin the old 'humble boy done good' yarn but look at the state of this. He didn't even need to shit on the club but went out of his way to do so. Ugh. He couldn't kept his mouth shut, thought badly of us and let us be none the wiser. Takes a special arsehole to go out of their way to vocalise it. 

I wouldn't look as deeply into it as you seem to have here - I'm curious to know how and why you think he's an "utter ****" for a year too. Wanting to leave Leicester after our miraculous title win, when you're awarded the player of the year isn't selfish - it's trying to make the most out of a 'prime' that evidently only lasts for a very short while. You can only be at the top of your game for so long and very few players are the exception to that. Your sentiment is correct in that he wouldn't have had the career he's having without us, but we wouldn't have a Premier League title without him, so it seems fair to be a little annoyed if we blocked him from going.

Added to the fact that he's won titles and domestic cups with Man City, makes this article seem like a little bit like they've spun his words too. He always seems to show us respect, visit our changing rooms etc when he comes back. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This whole thing has made me love Vardy even more. The way that Kante, Mahrez and Drinkwater have disrespected the club, it would've been so easy for Vardy to do the same but he chose us. Now he's immortalised as a Leicester City legend. The all time fan favourite :wub:

Kante was only with us a year and was looking to join other clubs even before he joined. I'd look upon him more fondly even though he was only here 1 season.

I was hugely disappointed that he left but he was already on the verge of stardom when he joined unlike Mahrez. Since he left he has won a Premier League, World Cup and UEFA Cup. Sadly for us we just couldn't match his brilliance and his decision has been vindicated really.

Mahrez sort of hit the jackpot when he joined us so comments like today will leave a sour taste. He hasn't reached Kante's level. If anything he has picked the worst possible weekend to go mouthing off when Man City lost and we won.

Just now, murphy said:

Reputation and misrepresentation.  If I were him I would be pissed off if that was attributed to me but untrue.  It would take a phone call for him to get that sorted on his behalf.

I agree with you, that site is not great in the main, however, if they're gonna quote directly, that takes it above the usual rumour and spectulation into fact.

It's not really going to cause a stir apart from with some Leicester fans is it. It's not like 'he's' even saying that we agreed to let him go then blocked it. It's not damaging our image as a club, so in turn Mahrez won't exactly get much stick.

Plus as BlueBrett said; it's a long way from being a 'direct quote'.

Believe what you want. I've moved on from Mahrez so not going to cry about what somebody who I'm pretty indifferent to, has supposedly said. There's enough actual ball spouted about us to actually get annoyed about.

Bizarre - it’s like Vardy to Arsenal .

We were went further than Arsenal in Champions League and they’ve never appeared in it since. So Vardy if he chose to join Arsenal would have had a FA Cup medal before. 

Mahrez would have joined Arsenal, not played in the Champions League for multiple seasons and now be in the midst of a crisis

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

You believe what you want to believe, but your sweet prince is just a gnat's cock ahead of Dennis Wise in my estimations.

• Guy hiding in the shadows claims something mildly controversal
  • Someone quotes that
  • Dodgy internet website translates then quotes that
  • PROOF

The journalistic, quoting another translated journalist, is hardly opening himself to litigation.

Someone fairly important complains they'll add an addendum at the end of the article. British newspaper websites do it all the time.

Edited by Foxxed