Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Sorry my sarcasm detector may malfunctioning but of course newspapers, and shitty second rate sports websites, make up quotes. Not sure about this one, of course. But journalists and newspaper owners lie.

But if Ryiad means he'd have done better to skip the Ranieri/Shakey and Shakey/Puel seasons and be go to Man City sooner then yeah he's right. Of course he's right.

It strikes of someone sulking but he's not wrong - just moaning.

.... can't say he would have ended up at Manchester City!! 

Under Wenger the supporters were crying out for him to leave, the team was poor, his signings were underperforming (still are) and he would have fitted perfectly with the under achieving prima Donna's. 

Yeh, we cost him too years of glory, idiot!!! 

Edited by sacreblueits442

Not many were sad to see the back of Mahrez in 2017 after his tantrums. That he has struggled to get game time since his move seems to rancle and he is clearly looking for someone to blame if this article is an accurate quote. The poor me on £5mn a year isn't likely to wash with the LC crowd and may well piss off his current employer to. Unfortunately for Mahrez he has found out that he is simply not good enough to compete on a £240mn bench, where game time was guaranteed with provincial Leicester City it has to be worked for a the fabled big clubs. Mahrez was never a grafter. 

He used to compare his contribution to that of Kante. Sorry Mahrez, you don't hold a candle to Kante on or off the field of play.

• Like 2

Mahrez was undoubtedly  one of the most gifted players we ever had, however, we were the ones who took a chance on him when he was a french second division player, gave him a platform to win championship and premier league medals and PFA player of the year.  There is no way he would have got that last playing anywhere else. He was part of one of the the greatest sporting stories the world has seen and profited as a result. All that speech about how he owed the award to all his "brothers" at Leicester is leaving a pretty sour taste right now.

I am afraid his antics at the airport and then his sulk did him no favours in terms of public perception of him, and as has already has been said, now he has run off to Man city bench how many people will remember him in ten years time compared to the likes of Vardy and some of the other legends team.  Don't remember him getting the sort of send off that Shinji and Danny S got when their careers at the club finally came to an end. How big a cheer would he get as a returning player compared to the likes of them I wonder?

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I'm sure that Mahrez could take a shit on your doorstep and piss through your letterbox and his apologists would still defend him.

Absolutely true for me. Incredible player.

The quote is also true, he literally missed out on two years at the highest level, because we were not the highest level...didn’t say anything bad about us did he? 

Lots of angry people in the world.

• Like 4

Never was a fan of the Algerian prince, especially his sulking and disappearing acts which after 15/16 greatly overshadowed his rare moments brilliance.

He only made things worse when threw his toys in the pram and wanted to leave, and I was one of the few who were relieved when he finally did.

Now I'm happy to say we don't need him or any of his kind - the disappearing, disrespectful divas who think they are better than the club and look forward to moving on for the greener pastures (in his case, the Man City bench). I would have respected him if he hadn't turned into a jelly so completely in 2016/17.

Whilst a fabulous player for us I'm not convinced he was ever looking at us more as a stepping stone once his consistency kicked in. Clearly he was coached to improve aspects of his game and a large part was his natural ability coming through.  

What I would add is that perhaps if he was with us now he wouldn't be so hasty. The championship winning season was fabulous but in truth after that it was messy and clearly nothing like were currently experiencing.

Hed thrive under Rodgers I'm sure but that chapters closed now.

Edited by Blanchflower78

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Absolutely true for me. Incredible player.

The quote is also true, he literally missed out on two years at the highest level, because we were not the highest level...didn’t say anything bad about us did he? 

Lots of angry people in the world.

He would missed a Champions League quarter final by joining Arsenal but he would have played in an Europa League Final. Its hardly the highest level he missed out on.

He stayed and got a move to one of the best clubs in the world. It’s a bizarre statement to make

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He would missed a Champions League quarter final by joining Arsenal but he would have played in an Europa League Final. Its hardly the highest level he missed out on.

He stayed and got a move to one of the best clubs in the world. It’s a bizarre statement to make

Sure hes still sat up every night thinking how did i miss out on that trip to Azerbaijan to lose 4-1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But the article is retrospective - if he was quoted saying it in 2016, I could understand. 

Even though we look to have overtaken them this season, do you really think he would have been better staying here since 2016 than joining Arsenal with European football every season and a fatter wage?

Just now, st albans fox said:

Exactly - we prevented him missing out on another title medal ...... Man City wouldn’t have bought him in 2016

he missed out on an FA cup winners medal I think ....

Yeah exactly, he stayed and got a move to one of the best teams we’ve seen in years. 

I can understand the comment if made in 2016 but to stay it two years later when Arsenal have been a tragedy of the big six (during those two years) is bizarre

Am I missing something or is the guy a bit confused?!? :dunno: He says he lost 2 years and could have been at Man City at the age of 24/25 but in the next sentence says that his agent was in talks with Arsenal (no mention of Man City nor do I recollect Man City expressing any interest at that point).

From my observations his attitude changed drastically after he met his wife. Whilst I've never met her nor do I know her personally from the image she portrays in the media/social media her general demeanour seems very self centred and unfortunately it appears to have rubbed off on him. 

• Like 1

Am I missing something or is the guy a bit confused?!? :dunno: He says he lost 2 years and could have been at Man City at the age of 24/25 but in the next sentence says that his agent was in talks with Arsenal (no mention of Man City nor do I recollect Man City expressing any interest at that point).

From my observations his attitude changed drastically after he met his wife. Whilst I've never met her nor do I know her personally from the image she portrays in the media/social media her general demeanour seems very self centred and unfortunately it appears to have rubbed off on him. 

• Like 3