Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

Could have handled it a lot better in his time with us but he was always destined to play for a top side, must have been frustrating. On the other hand, he shouldn’t forget that we were the ones that gave him this platform, to say he ‘wasted 2 years’ is disappointing  considering he was still playing regular Premier League football with us for a massive amount of money. 

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Even though we look to have overtaken them this season, do you really think he would have been better staying here since 2016 than joining Arsenal with European football every season and a fatter wage?

Factually the last three years proved he was right to stay.

The only distinguishing honour he would have won is a FA Cup. He’d now be stuck at a club in meltdown. 

Guest An Sionnach

We are not little Leicester , yes we had a bad few years and underperformed badly but we are now a big club with a worldwide fanbase and we pay top wages and players who leave thinking that they can do better could well be disappointed.

When all said and done and we're on our death beds thinking back to the glorious PL win, all we'll remember is his brilliance that season and his integral part in creating history. We'll probably never have another Leicester player in our lifetime who wins the PFA player of the year award either.

The rest is all noise and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I don't really care what he says now or what he does now. All I care about is how fvckin incredible he was for us that season.

• Like 1

Wonder how he felt at playing no part in Manchester City's defeat at Anfield?

Seems clear Pep has his doubts and, let's face it, RM's career has basically stalled since he went there. At least in terms of feeding the ego that he seems to feel a top player should have.

This is the tale about a simple man's most treasured loved one and the 3 suitors he had for her. 

One was a playboy prince, one was a smiling nice boy and the 3rd was... A bit of a gobshite. 

After a year of courting and wild romance, the smiling boy left. Even though he was the most lovable and universally liked of the 3, the sad fact was he never actually loved the girl. 

And he left for the bright lights of a more established girl in the world. 

The playboy prince, full of ego and pride saw that the smiling boy move onto pastures new and wondered why he too did not seek out greener grass, for in his mind he had already outgrown the relationship for his shitty attitude had slowly turned things toxic. 

As happy and as joyous the highest of highs were, problems become apparent when people pull in different directions. 

But fortunately after all the 2 idiots ****ed off, we realised we were left with our true love in the following years. Mr Dependable. Mr Nonstop. Who once also was tempted by the bright lights and the allure of a different lifestyle but ultimately chose to stay. Even through the difficult times where he struggled to be all he could be and let his true self shine through once again like it did during that crazy year when it seemed like his powers were waning in recent times.

But he stayed. Continued to fight. Fostered a new bunch of kids for him to help evolve. Is the talisman of the club. 

And will ultimately ride into that sunset with us... Still longingly staring at this polished diamond and remembering when he was just an unappreciated gem, retrieved from the literal landfill of football.

If you want to talk about footballing attitude and loyalty. We kept that player. 

So forget Kante and Mahrez. 

They're 3rd and 4th respectively whilst we're 2nd.

And if anyone brings up anyone from 40-50-60 years ago, go get yourself checked into Loros. Only the here and now is applicable. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Factually the last three years proved he was right to stay.

The only distinguishing honour he would have won is a FA Cup. He’d now be stuck at a club in meltdown. 

lol what? What top player would have chosen to be a part of our last 3 years over Arsenal's?

Ahh well. He's sometimes is abit blunt, when we were first linked with him there were noises from his camp which were a little disrespectful to the Club he had been with for 4 years too.

I think this apparent statement is incorrect though as the Champions League experience surely helped, he signed a new contract in August '16 and we even signed his chum Slimani. After that season came the hanging out in airports, skiving ect. The second season after the title was a waste, we had no business going into it with Shakey in charge, it was ridiculous and thankfully something we seem to have learnt from.

No grudges and no love lost, I never believe anything I read anyway so it still needs confirming as something he's said, we've seen false/doctored interpretations before and media outlets only care about clicks and hype

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

lol what? What top player would have chosen to be a part of our last 3 years over Arsenal's?

Vardy 

Mahrez goes Arsenal, he doesn’t join Man City and he doesn’t play in a CL Q Final. He gets whacks 10-2 by Bayern in the last 16. Plays Europa League and misses out on a move to Man City. 

Thats not speculation, that actually happened: 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

I'll go and write some stuff on wiki and stick it in quote marks and it'll be true then? Sound logic.

Stop defending the ungrateful twat.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

He goes Arsenal, he doesn’t join Man City 

Who's to say Arsenal would be where they are right now if he'd have joined? Who's to say if he went to Arsenal and performed as well as he did here he wouldn't be at a side like PSG or Barcelona right now? Admittedly he could have joined and Arsenal would be exactly where they are now. It's all ifs and buts.

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Who's to say Arsenal would be where they are right now if he'd have joined? Who's to say if he went to Arsenal and performed as well as he did here he wouldn't be at a side like PSG or Barcelona right now? Admittedly he could have joined and Arsenal would be exactly where they are now. It's all ifs and buts.

He’s made the comment now though! He’s said in 2019 when everything has happened 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Still can't find anything about whether a bid was made and then rejected. A lot of stuff about him wanting to join Arsenal, even from May last year before his move, but nothing concrete that suggests Arsenal pursued him relentlessly.

Missed 2 years of warming the bench. Thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. Mahrez is what we made him...he'd be no where right now if it wasn't for us. Basically picked when he wanted to play well after 2016 and lost a lot of form with his cry baby tactics. Deserve respect for helping us win the title but also deserves to lose respect by comments like these. Newsflash Mahrez - You are not Ronaldo!!!

Just now, Corky said:

Still can't find anything about whether a bid was made and then rejected. A lot of stuff about him wanting to join Arsenal, even from May last year before his move, but nothing concrete that suggests Arsenal pursued him relentlessly.

I'm sure according to Wenger that Arsenal were probably scouting both Mahrez and Kante back in France when they had just learned to walk. 

5 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Stop defending the ungrateful twat.

The irony of this post lol. You've taken one quote out of context on a topic where half the debate is whether or not that has happened. Well played.

I couldn't give 2 hoots about Riyad Mahrez. Wonderful player, questionable attitude. That's all there is to it for me.

I find it both hilarious and a little sad that people are so infuriated about what he 'may' have said. Especially in this current moment when we're all probably witnessing the most talented team in our history. Shouldn't you all just be concentrating on enjoying this team?

To be honest I’m not really interested what Mahrez thinks now. The way I remember it, at the time, was that the club put a price on his head that nobody was prepared to pay - they didn’t rate him as much as he rated himself.

I’m more interested in how we create a sustainable club. We won the league and Kante and Mahrez couldn’t wait to go. Kante went to a club not even in the Champions League.

We can all say “why would ...... go to Arsenal/Man Utd/Spurs/Chelsea” etc. But the answer is the player well might do exactly that. The question is how do we become the club the player wants to stay at/move to in order to play at the highest level. 

Edited by Jobyfox

Not surprised by these comments, including how he misses out the fact he signed a bumper new contract not long after us winning the title. But then again I’m afraid there is little loyalty in football, especially if the promise of more money and a “sexier” club we’re on offer. Maybe it was even an ambition of his to play for Wenger?  Whatever it was, its another example of how selfish a lot of modern footballers and their agents are.

However, we’re blessed by having players here who do appear to show loyalty and in return are adored by the club and fans alike. I’d rather spend my time showing my appreciation for these players than worry about comments from ungrateful little sh!ts like Mahrez.

• Like 1

It may be that he is looking for an excuse because he isn’t used by Man City in their truly big games. Either way, it’s a bit uncalled for. You got your move and we’ve replaced you, with not one but two very very talented players (Tielemans and Madders). I always said it but both have the potential to surpass Riyad simply because they will play with far better players at international level.

I must admit I was always worried when Mahrez went but recruitment here has shown not to worry. Replacing N’golo was always the biggest task - Wilf has taken two/three years to get close to that level. Mahrez’s replacement was a lot easier to source that we did it twice. 

Live and let live Riyad. We are happy with the move and you should be too. Enjoy the history made, no need to keep looking back.

• Like 3