Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

Unless you can see the full transcript of the interview, take it with a pinch of salt.

Media plus an out of context quote = lots of hits on their website.

Great player for us, will go down as a legend of our club. 

Mer all knew full well he was ambitious and wanted to leave, he is a great player and fully deserves to be playing Champions League every season.

Let’s not let a quote we don’t know the context of, cause us to over react.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Unless you can see the full transcript of the interview, take it with a pinch of salt.

Mer all knew full well he was ambitious and wanted to leave, he is a great player and fully deserves to be playing Champions League every season.

France football did the interview - translation here https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Riyad-mahrez-se-confie-dans-ff-j-ai-eu-ma-revanche/1079235&xid=25657,15700002,15700021,15700186,15700191,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271,15700280,15700283&usg=ALkJrhjsmOCqSZObzdkLUOxzBOgb_nsO0A#

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I get that live and let live is your thing, and maybe more people should adopt that attitude, myself included at times.

But sometimes you are allowed to put political correctness to one side and say this person is just a dick,

Riyad has let his ego take over, he came to LCFC humble and hungry and left arrogant and entitled. He owes us a huge debt of gratitude for launching his career and should wind his neck in.

I appreciate you not attacking me over this. I don't see it as me being PC (believe it or not, I loathe many aspects of PC), rather that I know how bad for personal health this sort of thing is. 

Everyone has every right to vent, of course. I maintain my right to discourage the practice :)

3 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Wonder how he felt at playing no part in Manchester City's defeat at Anfield?

Seems clear Pep has his doubts and, let's face it, RM's career has basically stalled since he went there. At least in terms of feeding the ego that he seems to feel a top player should have.

... obviously inferring that being on the bench is a direct result from his two year lack of development. 

He is now rationalising his position within his team and now applying reasons for his failure. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Maybe what got lost in translation was that he meant the club itself wasted the 2 years after the title win. And let's face it, aside from the Champions League campaign, we did.

No, he cites his own age when joining Man City.

21 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Seems he wants to piss on his legacy at the one club where anyone ever gave a **** about him. 

His problem, no ours. 

Absolutely, he's a bugger all also ran at Man City, they'll barely remember him when he's gone. He achieved nothing there, merely medals gained via other players contributions.

10 million quid, legendary status, CL qf, and saving him having won 1 fa cup over multiple trophies, but yeah what a way to throw that back in our faces.

I'd forgiven the transfer deadline day shite putting it down to bad advice and in terms of on the pitch he was top draw. But this if true stinks like, well the countryside when then move all the chicken shit round this way.

Of course Leicester expected him to perform, they were paying him £120,000 a week to do just that,  a deal he was very happy to sign at the time! Had he regularly turned up to training on time and worked hard when he got there, he'd have been an even better player. Guadiola expects his players to bust a gut, Marhez didn't for a long time so didn't get picked to play, he just wasn't as good as he thought he was. Had occasional moments of brilliance and scored some memorable goals but for most games he was idle and ineffectual. Tosser! Wouldn't want him back, wouldn't fit in, he'd be the last sort of player we'd want. Football and we have moved on. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bert said:

Does it really affect people this much? Almost probably lost in translation, we had the best season of our lives with a huge thanks to him. 

We are currently 2nd in the league having had our best ever premier league start. Enjoy that rather than getting worked up about this. 

Agreed, finding the reactions to being a bit excessive to be fair. The bloke clearly wanted to leave well before he did, it’s no secret.

38 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

And I'm sure Mahrez will come out and put the record straight.😗

He'll never reach the heights that he did with us. In that one season when we won the league he was phenomenal but when he didn't get his move away he sulked like a baby for months on end and only showed that kind of form again in glimpses. 

His problem is that he signed for a team where playing times not guaranteed. He doesn't really fit in at Man City with their style of play so he probably does look back and regret not going to Arsenal where he would've been one of their main players getting a full 90 minutes each week. 

The Arsenal thing is fact, he spent some time at the their training base in the summer of 2016. I had this at the time from a club connection and the contact would'nt have made it up.  The connection was extremly surprised at the time but excited about the potential signing. I remember being extremely disapointed and waited for a possible transfer. I was sworn to secrecy as the guy was concerned about the implications of his job at Arsenal had details of his presence come out. Until now I never said a word.

If we had blocked a move, what was he doing there. Who knows, but he was desperate to leave. Thanks for the year that was but now quite frankly he can jog on. I cant believe that ridiculous comment, so bloody disrespectful.

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 2