Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

The buy back clause never expires unless he is sold to another club.

Buy back clauses do not expire.

Contracts are written individually, they aren't just some standard form with one version of each clause. It's impossible to know what the buy back clause says without seeing the contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Believe what you like buddy I`m telling you now the buy back clause is no longer active !! does anyone actually think that Man C would ever want Kel back anyway ....... really ?

• Like 1

On 14/03/2021 at 18:36, Foxy_Bear said:

That creates the issue of who it is that you drop? 

If we play the system we did today, maddison comes in for Perez but leaves no place for Barnes. If you play 442, Barnes has a place but Maddison doesn't. 

I get that the system we start with isn't the one that we may finish the game and these guys will get plenty of gamete but someone will be losing a starting place. 

tenor.gif.f2cb630d38dd8b295d0fd1f96a607bd3.gif

• Haha 3

It will be interesting to see what happens when Barnes and Maddison are both back fit. I'd love to see us play a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Iheanacho with Maddison feeding them.

Think it could work really well especially as a lot of Iheanacho's good work seemed to come from the right side of the pitch anyway.

Just now, matty98 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when Barnes and Maddison are both back fit. I'd love to see us play a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Iheanacho with Maddison feeding them.

Think it could work really well especially as a lot of Iheanacho's good work seemed to come from the right side of the pitch anyway.

Simple 

4-2-4 

I cannot express how happy I am for Kel right now.  I've always said that there was a player in there but his problem at Leicester has always been that he was never played in a role that suited his strengths.  He's not a lone striker and would always work better in a two up front.  Finally, enforced perhaps, but we are finally seeing what a valuable asset he is to this team and what happens when you play players in their preferred position.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Nacho we are interested in having you back at Man City now you have matured abit and finding form.

We are prepared to offer you 200k a week and there is a chance we will win multiple Premier league titles and fa cups as well.

Choice is yours.

you think they are going to spend 50m on a bench player who was previously on their books and rarely got a start ?

They are rich, not stupid.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fox85 said:

“So, Iheanacho joined on a five-year contract in 2017, so leading to 2022. Even if he negotiates an extended deal in that time, I’d expect the buy-back clause to still be applicable until 2022.

“After that, it may be void,” he told Leicestermercury.co.uk.

Rodgers quote on it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

“So, Iheanacho joined on a five-year contract in 2017, so leading to 2022. Even if he negotiates an extended deal in that time, I’d expect the buy-back clause to still be applicable until 2022.

“After that, it may be void,” he told Leicestermercury.co.uk.

Rodgers quote on it. 

So basically he doesn't actually know if it will be void or not.

Thank you for commenting 

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

you think they are going to spend 50m on a bench player who was previously on their books and rarely got a start ?

They are rich, not stupid.

Aguero will be gone soon.

Jesus isn't as good as people think.

Ihanacho is one of the most prolific strikers in Europe buy no one wants to go off his stats 

13 hours ago, mad biker said:

Believe what you like buddy I`m telling you now the buy back clause is no longer active !! does anyone actually think that Man C would ever want Kel back anyway ....... really ?

Your so wrong but ok.

• Like 1

Highly doubt Man City would pay £50m for Iheanacho to be their new number 1 striker when realistically he has struggled to impress for us until recently

More likely to go for Haaland, Lukaku or Ings (all of which have actually been linked to them and would guarantee more goals)

17 hours ago, Fox85 said:

This is complete and utter nonsense. Any clause is just a contractual agreement between the respective parties, of course it can have an expiration or even an activation date (e.g. only 2-3 years into the contract can it be activated).

It's very rare in football a buy back clause is activated 5+ years after a sale, so it would be difficult to prove that the 'norm' is that they don't expire. Rodgers has not said what he's said without having some kind of idea of how these things usually work.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm miles off here but it feels like Kelechi has always had to fight an uphill battle with Brendan Rodgers. I remember last season when he came off the bench to almost single-handedly win you the game vs Everton, and after that he was in good form for a while. Dropped a few weeks later. Think the same will happen again pretty much the second Maddison is fit. I saw someone on Twitter say that Kelechi is thriving because of Rodgers' management... to me it feels like whenever he's been in good form it's been in spite of a manager who doesn't really want to use him, not because of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Highly doubt Man City would pay £50m for Iheanacho to be their new number 1 striker when realistically he has struggled to impress for us until recently

More likely to go for Haaland, Lukaku or Ings (all of which have actually been linked to them and would guarantee more goals)

How long is that buy back clause effective for. Cant go on forever surely. In football terms?

19 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I can see Man City recalling ihanacho either this summer or next summer.....

That buy back clause is bullshit.

Honestly we need to sell ihanacho to Leuven in the summer and buy him back in January to cancel that buy back clause with Man City.

Shithouse way to do things but legal.

Business is business 

I really like Kelechi and always have done but I'll be absolutely stunned if we shell out that much money on him.