Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm hoping Perez is the next one.

Call it blind faith but I really can't stand the criticism some players get, whether it's justified or not and let's be honest some of her criticism on various fan forums is never justified. I am the type of fan to back any player that pulls the shirt on and more of a fan who pokes fun at certain players 

We'd all love that, but he's got a long way to go!

But Nacho is doing it front of our eyes and Perez had IMO his best game for us too. I know he scored 3 against Southampton, but in this game he was making things happen not just finishing them off. His work rate, passing and tackling were all superb too. 

He's shown glimpses though, that's the frustrating thing. Nacho is getting the plaudits not just for the hat trick, but because he's scored in 3 games in a row and at this point in time has made himself undroppable. Our most in-form player!

• Like 1

It’s always great to see a player who has struggled come good. He certainly knows how to score goals but has had to adapt to the team rather than the team adapting to him as the team is rightfully build to get the best out of Vardy.  Yes the opposition was woeful but he still has to put the changes away which he did. His main purpose is to score goals and hopefully he will continue to do that.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Who was the last player for us to win around the support after most had written them off?

Tavares will probably be the next if he stays.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

There's a long list!

- Vardy

- Simpson

- Soyuncu

- Ricardo

- Barnes

- Mendy?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'd go for Barnes who went from "will never be much more than a Championship player" to "the heir apparent to Vardy's throne" (in terms of goal output if not position). 

...big one, Albrighton...he seems to have to prove himself time and time again!!!

The fact that you missed him out of that list I hope is not a personal reflection of your opinion of him.   

He seems to be a constant afterthought.

Edited by sacreblueits442

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...big one, Albrighton...he seems to have to prove himself time and time again!!!

The fact that you missed him out of that list I hope is not a personal reflection of your opinion of him.   

He seems to be a constant afterthought.

For me Albrighton proved himself almost immediately after getting into the team. Wasn't played straight away by Pearson, but as soon he was he improved the team, helped us survive the great escape, was an ever present in the title winning campaign and scored our first ever Champions league goal. Might not always be a first team player but I've always got a soft spot for him. He was brilliant again yesterday. 

• Like 3

Nacho is also very useful at throw ins, they usually end with the opposition, he can receive, shield, move and pass to another LCFC player giving us a decent out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm hoping Perez is the next one.

Call it blind faith but I really can't stand the criticism some players get, whether it's justified or not and let's be honest some of her criticism on various fan forums is never justified. I am the type of fan to back any player that pulls the shirt on and more of a fan who pokes fun at certain players 

The only way that happens if we play this system long term which means no Maddison and no Barnes which is surely a horrible and unrealistic prospect. Perez as a RW or a false 9 is a very mediocre and frustrating player. As a 10 with plenty of space to make intelligent turns and runs he is an asset but I jut don't see how many opportunities he gets in that position  and likewise Iheanacho in a front 2.

It's a dilemma for Rodgers but Barnes and Maddison are our 2 best attacking players and they will be back and in their best positions.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me Albrighton proved himself almost immediately after getting into the team. Wasn't played straight away by Pearson, but as soon he was he improved the team, helped us survive the great escape, was an ever present in the title winning campaign and scored our first ever Champions league goal. Might not always be a first team player but I've always got a soft spot for him. He was brilliant again yesterday. 

...all true, but has been derided even this season and wishing him to be no longer an option for the first team!!!

The comments "we have outgrown him" and other such comments and yet he then steps up to show, the true professional that he is.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not only may he fancy his chances of being first choice elsewhere, if he is on the 80k a week we are paying him, any new contract offer here will be a good 20-30% less and again he might look to move on and get a decent signing on fee to plug the drop in weekly wage as he won't get £80k a week again I doubt. 

It's going to be interesting what happens with him, right now he feels like a new signing. 

If he can keep it up who can we get that's better for 80k a week, if anything I think we could afford to pay him more as we're saving a fortune on what we'd have to pay to replace him. He's easily good enough to be a player who plays a lot of games for us for the next 4 years,whether that's as the number 1 man or someone who comes in and out the 11 he can be an important player and financially speaking giving him a raise and a place in the squad that would otherwise be filled by a 30m+ signing, in a time where money is very tight, it makes perfect sense to me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If he can keep it up who can we get that's better for 80k a week, if anything I think we could afford to pay him more as we're saving a fortune on what we'd have to pay to replace him. He's easily good enough to be a player who plays a lot of games for us for the next 4 years,whether that's as the number 1 man or someone who comes in and out the 11 he can be an important player and financially speaking giving him a raise and a place in the squad that would otherwise be filled by a 30m+ signing, in a time where money is very tight, it makes perfect sense to me. 

Possibly, I would just be very surprised to see us pay him that much again, although with performance related bonuses he could easily get there.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly, I would just be very surprised to see us pay him that much again, although with performance related bonuses he could easily get there.

Nothing should surprise you when it comes to this club and generous contracts :D

If we want to be consistently pushing for Europe we need a good and big squad, paying our better squad players such wages is how its going to have to be if we are serious about staying there, we have done and continue to do brilliantly well on the relative cheap and the last thing we want is to spunk huge contracts on everyone and be stuck with them if things go pear shaped. But saying that, players like praet, kelechi etc, who you'd consider to be your first choice subs probably when absolutely everyone is fit, they're so important to the team you need to be paying them a first teamers wage. 

51 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do we know for absolute certain that his reported £80kpw wage is accurate? 

Compared to some of the dodgy figures shared I think that's probably pretty accurate as he was so highly rated and being chased by a few clubs.

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

That was our last league fixture in March. Surely he must be in with a shout for player of the month? 

Nobody will score more than him this month, surely?

He'll be in the running.

He’s always profiled quite well statistically, even when he’s looked completely bereft of confidence. 

If he carries on like this then he’ll be one of the very best deep lying forwards in the game currently.
A7702B4C-B071-4868-9C28-E27A90A52B3A.thumb.jpeg.94ae380d541c8379b1819ac1c1ce4a6e.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I can see Man City recalling ihanacho either this summer or next summer.....

That buy back clause is bullshit.

Honestly we need to sell ihanacho to Leuven in the summer and buy him back in January to cancel that buy back clause with Man City.

Shithouse way to do things but legal.

Business is business 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's not beyond the realms if man City see us as a real threat, weaken us and it's above board, and they could sell him on for more than the buy back. 

they sold him he wasnt wanted there doubt they would come back in for him now.. im sure he would be happy to stay here and hopefully become a regular starter his scoring rate is brilliant undroppable really he scores all sorts of goals as well.