Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

'This Is What Dreams Are Made Of' - Ben Chilwell

I remember it being about 2015 on here, somebody who watched a lot of the 21s said that there’s this left back called Chilwell and he’s going to be one of the very best in the country and he’ll play for England. I can’t remember who it was but I hope you, whoever you are, haven’t given up on making it in football doing something, scouting, anything, because you were spot on with that assessment. 

He’s ****ing mustard. And he’ll only get better. 

• Like 1

Came on leaps and bounds, not just football wise but he just seems less of a drip too. Love it that we have three academy players in the squad. Hopefully Knight can join them to make it three Leicestershire lads

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player’s profile really change so dramatically, he went from being a good dribbler and a bit pants at everything else. Now he’s probably a better defender than he hi going forwards 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

So he is one of our own even if he grew up in Milton Keynes he used to watch his football here (probably got free tickets being a member of the academy). gives the feeling of a genuine love for the club and is obviously a very articulate young man

• Like 2

Think I've said before that one of my mates used to work with the England youth teams and said what a nice lad he was and that he had a great family. Shows there.

Also, hardly a surprise but great to hear; Kingy helping him along. Cannot understate what that man has done for this club.

Keep it up Ben. You're on your way to becoming a great.

• Like 3

Stick he gets on here was always undeserved. A few below average games and people would have accepted bids for him.

He improved last season but this season his crossing has improved greatly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

From all you read and hear, you can understand why so many managers are keen to have Andy King around the place. Loads of players say what great support he gives them.

Dunno if you’re on Twitter but he likes every post from the club and stuff relating to the club

i hope we can look after him and keep him involved 

he’s a true legend.

• Like 4

Guest Eamonn
4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Stick he gets on here was always undeserved. A few below average games and people would have accepted bids for him.

He improved last season but this season his crossing has improved greatly. 

He's still only 22, too.  He's still improving.  He'll be a star in tbe Champions League next srason.

Honest question here, I’m not saying he’s the best, but I don’t watch as much European football as I used to in my younger days.

How many better left backs are there in Europe right now?

In terms of attacking/defending, reliability I can only think of Robertson at Liverpool who is better in the Premier League and I don’t think it’s by much.

Wow. Absolutely loved reading that. Living all our dreams. I never knew he had those downs. Looking in From the outside he always seemed to be a player everyone knew would make it.

Can we please get a decent chant for the lad? We've one of the best left backs in the world. Can we not appreciate that before it's too late!!??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manini said:

I remember it being about 2015 on here, somebody who watched a lot of the 21s said that there’s this left back called Chilwell and he’s going to be one of the very best in the country and he’ll play for England. I can’t remember who it was but I hope you, whoever you are, haven’t given up on making it in football doing something, scouting, anything, because you were spot on with that assessment. 

He’s ****ing mustard. And he’ll only get better. 

I remember a Huddesfield fan on here saying that. The best young left back he’s ever seen play and set for great things, I think he said. His insight was of course instantly dismissed lol

Nice read and great to see that he feels some affinity towards the club. 

The bit about his England debut brought a smile to my face when he mentions his 3 best friends. Am I the only one who pictured Maddison, and Gray sat with his mum, dad and sister? :) Wonder who the other one was? 

Edited by ian_marshall

2 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Great article. Never understand why he isn’t a fan’s favourite. First choice left England left back who we have brought through our academy. Having an excellent season. We should be rightly proud of him. 

Where I sit in SK2, nobody has a bad word to say about him. I think he is a fans favourite. He will be a great player and I hope he has a wonderful career (with us!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Think I've said before that one of my mates used to work with the England youth teams and said what a nice lad he was and that he had a great family. Shows there.

Also, hardly a surprise but great to hear; Kingy helping him along. Cannot understate what that man has done for this club.

Keep it up Ben. You're on your way to becoming a great.

I know one of the coaches who used to coach him in the academy. He said exactly the same thing to me. 

• Like 2