Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Watford (H) - Match Thread

Guest BlueBrett

Looks like it will need a piece of individual brilliance from one of the lads to get the breakthrough. Either that or maybe they come out at us a little more second half trying to steal the win. It's so hard to work anything when they just have 11 behind the ball most of the time

Playing well but lacked that killer instinct in front of goal.  Really needs to do better second half.

So far, I think:

- Maddison, Barnes, Fuchs and Ndidi have done very well

- Evans has turned up as usual

- Vardy uncharacteristically wasted good chances alongside Perez

- Ricardo has done ok but he can do a bit better with his final pass

- Soy has done better but looked a little slow on a few occasions

- Tielemans has been quiet

- Schmeichel has also been quiet, though hope it stays that way

Just **** off with the on field decision. 

The VAR has about ten of the best tvs you can buy with super slow mo technology. The ref is some fat blind middle aged **** miles away from the action. 

If we're having VAR just have proper VAR and let it make decisions. On field decision MUST **** off. It's killing the sport. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ridiculous decision from Pawson, couldn't wait to get the yellow card out. But the fact VAR has up held his decision is even worse. It was meant to eradicate shit like this.

It’s astonishing, VAR was literally created for this type of contentious decision. If it can’t get shit like this right, it needs canning.

• Like 1

Poor dive from Vardy. I.e he didn’t con the ref. 

But regardless, got the ball first, foot stepped on. Foul. 

The dilemma for players is, if Vardy stays on his feet he might be more likely to get the foul, but he’s just as likely to see the ref saying no foul because he didn’t go down. 

I don’t believe any referee has an agenda against us, but looking at the stats it’s crazy how bad our record is with Pawson in charge. We’ve not won a game he’s referred against anyone other than Newcastle since we beat Peterborough in 2012.

He was in charge of the 5-0 earlier this season and a 1-0 home win in the 2016 season against the same opposition, but otherwise its played 24 won 4 with him in charge - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-pawson/bilanzdetail/schiedsrichter/2289/saison_id/0/heim_gast//verein_id/1003/wettbewerb_id//funktion/1/plus/1

Still, as long as we take the chances when they come, we should get the win.

Iheanacho for Perez will be coming sooner rather than later.

Just now, Manini said:

VAR on the other hand, is just ridiculous! 

So whoever is watching the monitor has seen that incident and has ruled that Pawson hasn’t made a clear and obvious error? Even if it’s not a pen, why was the yellow card not rescinded? It’s not a dive is it?! 

Because VAR can not be used for yellow cards only straight reds. That is the problem here cos he got the yellow out so quickly, it would have led to the ridiculous situation that we get the pen but the booking would have had to have stood as VAR cannot interfere with yellow cards. VAR is run by refs so they would never have allowed that. If Pawson had kept the card in his pocket we get the pen in my opinion

So far, this game has shown us what we already knew: Perez and Barnes are not consistently good enough when finishing.
It's a shame, especially with Barnes, as he makes things happen and always seems to keep moves going just when they look like petering out.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Poor dive from Vardy. I.e he didn’t con the ref. 

But regardless, got the ball first, foot stepped on. Foul. 

The dilemma for players is, if Vardy stays on his feet he might be more likely to get the foul, but he’s just as likely to see the ref saying no foul because he didn’t go down. 

Theres a 0% chance you get a pen there staying stood up. Plus if you watch he's knocked off balance and his standing foot is never planted on the floor properly after 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Mane gets penalties when not touched 

Mane is a professional penalty winner. He already has in mind how to dive before the dive to make it happen. Vardy felt the contact and then thought about continuing before going down. Very different.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Because VAR can not be used for yellow cards only straight reds. That is the problem here cos he got the yellow out so quickly, it would have led to the ridiculous situation that we get the pen but the booking would have had to have stood as VAR cannot interfere with yellow cards. VAR is run by refs so they would never have allowed that. If Pawson had kept the card in his pocket we get the pen in my opinion

Just read back what you’ve written there - and tell me the whole system isn’t an absolute farce lol 

At my wits end with it mate honestly I just don’t understand it