Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Guest StevieLynex
6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

i disagree that he is consistent, he's been playing well last few games but I am not satisfied with his end product and he has been massively hyped up. Lads done well as of late but he's young and is often frustrating to watch some of the balls he gives away. He is also better at going forward than defending which is worrying as he is on the pitch so stop goals. 

bring on the criticism 

Same applies to Trent Alexander-Arnold

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Another great display . Seems to be getting forward a lot more now and with better effect . 

Good game, but was a fault for Rashford goal, got drawn to the ball and left he man.

But he is still learning, I'd have him down as 1 of our players of the season so far. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mad biker said:

I reckon both will play, both can defend are quick and can be very effective going forward, will interchange brilliantly I would say, what say you ?

I’m not sure, as it feels that one of them  will be playing out of position . Good option to try though

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I know it’s been ridiculed in the past on here and it’s only through JJ’s performances this season that I’ve changed my opinion on the matter, but this lad can’t be dropped. 

I think a right hand side of JJ at right back and Ricardo on the wing could be lethal. Think of all that pace and quality at both ends of the pitch. Castagne and Barnes on the other side and that’s some threat in the wide areas. 

It’s basically what we’re doing with Albrighton and Justin now isn’t it? Riccy is more than likely made for that role even more

• Like 1

His defending and physical side of the game is spot on. His forward play is developing nicely now he’s getting more confident.

Ive lost count the amount of times where he’s tackled someone 1v1 and anticipated being taken on but he managed to get his body in a good position to get in front of his man. Been really good defensively for me so far 🤞🏻

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

First poor game in a while, looks tired in the second half. To be expected to have an off game as he's been great on balance this season.

Good we arent playing midweek as it gives him a rest.

You thought he was poor? 

He wasn't as good as his standards lately but playing the full game again after boxing day and he was still one of our best players. 

The only frustrating thing I remember was one bad touch when he'd got himself in a great position but other than that he was faultless. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

First poor game in a while, looks tired in the second half. To be expected to have an off game as he's been great on balance this season.

Good we arent playing midweek as it gives him a rest.

Strange comment, I thought he was outstanding again today. Up and down and always an option when we had the ball.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Strange comment, I thought he was outstanding again today. Up and down and always an option when we had the ball.

some of you are so deluded, he gave the ball away for the first goal with a miss placed pass. Stop thinking the sun shines out his arse it doesn't. All well and good being up and down all game but if most of the time he does nothing with it then whats the point

• Like 2

I think considering he's played pretty much every game, or a lot of minutes in ones he might have been subbed off in, he's done superbly. Stayed at RB today but the versatility is always going to be there.

Today might not have been his best game but saying that, it wasn't bad or atrocious. He found a lot of space on the right and linked with Perez. When Palace pushed further up and wider, and Perez went more central, there didn't seem to be the connection with Gray when he came on. But that's expected given the lack of game time.

I think he's been in the top 3 players so far this season. Excited for what's more to come.

• Like 1

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/12/29/in-that-mould-leicester-youngster-compared-to-alves-and-alba-and-is-tipped-for-barcelona-move/

‘In that mould’ – Leicester youngster compared to Alves and Alba and is tipped for Barcelona move
LEICESTER CITY FC
Posted by Jason Pettigrove6 hours ago
‘In that mould’ – Leicester youngster compared to Alves and Alba and is tipped for Barcelona move

Over the past decade or so, there haven’t been too many full-backs to compare to Dani Alves and Jordi Alba.

When the pair were in tandem for the couple of years before Alves decided to move on to pastures new, Barcelona were unstoppable, and that was as much down to their marauding runs down the flanks as anything else.

So, for anyone to be placed in that bracket is a big claim indeed. When that player is just 22 years of age, it makes you sit up and take notice.

Leicester City’s James Justin has played every minute of their 2020/21 Premier League campaign so far, and his former manager at Luton Town, Nathan Jones, has tipped him for great things.

“You look at top full-backs like Dani Alves and Jordi Alba who have played for Barcelona and won World Cups and European Championships… JJ [Justin] is in that mould,” he told talkSPORT.

“He will go all the way. The boy will play for England. We believe that if he ends up at Barcelona it’ll be no surprise. He’s that good.”

Brendan Rodgers clearly believes in the youngster as his status as an ever-present would indicate.

Arguably, it’ll be some years yet before Barcelona come calling, if in fact they do, but at least this would allow Rodgers the luxury of overseeing the player’s growth, and with any luck, watching him help bring honours to the Foxes in due course.

• Like 1