Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Up until the turn of the year I wasn’t getting so carried away about him as I thought he’d been good but nothing more. But with every game he’s improving and really showing his worth. 

Still has bits to learn defensively but that only comes with experience. 

• Like 2

I think JJ could be converted into a very good striker. He's got all the attributes. Quick, strong, good in the air and an intelligent footballer.

Look at the way he finished the goals against Stoke and Fulham..

Perhaps we already have Vards replacement right under our noses?

• Haha 2

On 04/02/2021 at 04:07, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think this lad is absolute top draw. He's got a stellar future as he's still developing. In the last few games he keeps popping up in the 6 yard box as the furthest forward. He's out Riccy P-ing Riccy P. Bloody hell!!!

As he himself has said, Ricardo has been giving him advice despite competing for the same spot if he plays RB. What a team we have!

Edited by Tom12345

On 04/02/2021 at 04:11, yorkie1999 said:

He scores with his left

he scores with his right

james Justin 

makes chillwell look shite

But that is the thing, if Chilwell did not leave, blindsided Rodgers would still be playing Chilwell and we would still be complaining about how he is keeping his place! 

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

As he has said, Ricardo has been giving him advice despite competing for the same spot if he plays RB. What is team we have!

Ricardo was the first to congratulate Justin on a his goal and he looked genuinely chuffed for him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I think JJ could be converted into a very good striker. He's got all the attributes. Quick, strong, good in the air and an intelligent footballer.

Look at the way he finished the goals against Stoke and Fulham..

Perhaps we already have Vards replacement right under our noses?

Enough of the wacky baccy. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Durham was convinced Chilwell was world class and we'd really miss him and we haven't.

He's hilarious isn't he. He merely exists to wind people up and bizarrely people still bite. He might actually be quite knowledgeable about football but he hides it really well... Christ isn't that Talkshite's whole modus operandi anyway.  You're hardly gonna get much in the way of cerebral, well thought through football journalism from them. Christ even Alan Brazil manages to grift a pay cheque from them. 

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He's hilarious isn't he. He merely exists to wind people up and bizarrely people still bite. He might actually be quite knowledgeable about football but he hides it really well... Christ isn't that Talkshite's whole modus operandi anyway.  You're hardly gonna get much in the way of cerebral, well thought through football journalism from them. Christ even Alan Brazil manages to grift a pay cheque from them. 

it's not really good material though as people will just not listen to him in the future so he won't get any bites and lose listeners.. and look like a chump at the same time.

18 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Sorry but saying "James Justin...come on!" doesn't cut it as a proper argument, Adrian. Try doing your job.

If he'd have said Ruben Dias, Gundogan, Tielemans and Fernandes to name but a few who were having better seasons, that'd at least be a start.

But has he even seen Justin play? Like really seen him play? "James Justin...come on!" is the comment of someone who hasn't.

Has there been anyone as versatile as him who's had as good a season so far? Of all the so-called utility players, which one has had a better season than JJ? I don't think even James Milner has in my opinion. I might be biased but Justin has been absolutely superb and rightly deserves to be in the conversation, but he won't get the plaudits because everyone bigs up TAA and Reece James on reputation alone despite Justin being in way better and more consistent form for the majority of the campaign.

You're exactly right. I'm sure he hasn't been watching. He's just going on reputation alone. You can tell he's thinking, "James Justin? That's not a big name player. There's no way he's the best player this season." It's not going to be long before he's forced to rethink that.

Just after we sold Chilwell, I said it would be funny if JJ took his place in the England team. I was joking at the time, but now, it's clear as crystal who the better player is. It's not even a contest. Whether JJ gets in the national side is another question, however, as we all know reputation and size of parent club counts for way too much in Southgate's (or his puppetmaster's) mind.

• Like 3

On 04/02/2021 at 09:30, Cardiff_Fox said:

All to the background of losing your Dad to cancer in the last year. Having faced something similar with a parent, I can say his mental state must be absolutely rock solid not to be inconsistent - he's the opposite of that 

I heard him speak about his late Dad . He spent his time driving his son around to matches and barely missed a game . With such a wonderful role model and mentor he must have great character and determination to justify his Dad’s  belief 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Honestly think JJ could get in the national side. He can play LB, LWB, LCB, RCB, RWB and RB. Almost like James Milner without being able to play anywhere in the midfield. Them kind of players tend to get picked or at least used to for Tournaments. 

He trained with the the senior lions last when he was last on international duty. 

I said to someone the other day that we sold Maguire and Chilwell for in the region of £140m and we have better players now than we did then. I got called bitter 😂

I think he could, as well. He certainly deserves it. I just think it will be more difficult than it should be, because he's not at one of the rich 6 clubs.

lol I wouldn't expect anything different. When Man Utd were struggling, I got into watching a Man Utd fan channel on Youtube for a nice bit of schadenfreude. The host and people commenting on there do accept that Maguire isn't great, to say the least, but they still can't accept that Soyuncu could be better. If only they watched us then with Maguire and now with Cags, they'd see it clear as day. Ditto re: Chilwell and JJ. Imagine that! £140m worth of players going out the door, and already having better replacements in your reserves! Insane, but the gospel truth.

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

I heard him speak about his late Dad . He spent his time driving his son around to matches and barely missed a game . With such a wonderful role model and mentor he must have great character and determination to justify his Dad’s  belief 

I also read that he said Rodgers had been fantastic with him and kept checking he was ok as he also lost a parent at a young age . 

• Like 1

I think the scouting team turned up an absolute diamond here. They can’t possibly have imagined the progress he would make in the short time he’s been with us.
Full of admiration for him, the level of his performance of course, but also his humility and the fact that he seems totally unaffected by what he and the rest of team are achieving. He’s an absolute credit to himself as well as the club. What an asset to have such a versatile player. Really hope he’s with us for many years to come.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

it's not really good material though as people will just not listen to him in the future so he won't get any bites and lose listeners.. and look like a chump at the same time.

It's piss poor material and consistent with his output over the years. Still got the gig so obviously the muppets who listen to this shite lap it up. Whatever you say about him he knows his audience. 

1 minute ago, Brizzle Fox said:

It's piss poor material and consistent with his output over the years. Still got the gig so obviously the muppets who listen to this shite lap it up. Whatever you say about him he knows his audience. 

Yes, they’re sardines following the seagulls or something. A shoal of flitting imbeciles. 

16 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You're exactly right. I'm sure he hasn't been watching. He's just going on reputation alone. You can tell he's thinking, "James Justin? That's not a big name player. There's no way he's the best player this season." It's not going to be long before he's forced to rethink that.

Just after we sold Chilwell, I said it would be funny if JJ took his place in the England team. I was joking at the time, but now, it's clear as crystal who the better player is. It's not even a contest. Whether JJ gets in the national side is another question, however, as we all know reputation and size of parent club counts for way too much in Southgate's (or his puppetmaster's) mind.

One of the worst consequences of Southgate’s tenure as England manager is the total debasement of what should be the peak of a player’s career- an international cap . 

When the likes of Dier , Pickford , Winks and Lingard are automatic picks it must make players overlooked wonder WTF is going on . Worse it might make them think “ I need to move to a London or Manchester club”. 

• Like 1