Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

I'm astounded by his progress.

As I've said before, he was a real bomb scare at first, but that was probably because we had real talent in the full back positions.

Still susceptible to the odd error at the back post and tracking back, but, on form, this guy should be ahead of TAA as England right back.

Full back isn't really a glamorous position, but he's one of the most exciting talents we've got.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Cannot believe the progress from this time last year. Really didn’t think he was going to make it after looking so fragile in our end of season collapse last year. People talk of him as great cover for England, but he can’t be far off starting. If he could improve his aerial presence slightly, I think he could. 

He should start for England but Luke Shaw will get the nod. Fine by me. As soon as our players get in the England squad, they leave for big 6 clubs.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm astounded by his progress.

As I've said before, he was a real bomb scare at first, but that was probably because we had real talent in the full back positions.

Still susceptible to the odd error at the back post and tracking back, but, on form, this guy should be ahead of TAA as England right back.

Full back isn't really a glamorous position, but he's one of the most exciting talents we've got.

Similar to what Riccy P looked like in his early days here, looked good going forward but caught out too easily defensively. Credit to the scouting team for taking a chance on JJ, what a bargain it's proved to be. 

For once, I'm happy I was right about Justin. Loads of our fans wrote him off and said he wasn't good enough but I always defended him and said he would be quality and I've been proven right. My record isn't great though as I wrote Vardy off when he conceded a penalty against Middlesbrough in 2012 and I wrote Ricardo off when he had a shocker against Bournemouth in 2018. 

He's not had a bad game this whole season. His energy both going forward and getting back is incredible as well. Occasionally gets caught out positionally but all part of the learning process but he's looking like one of the best fullbacks in the league at the moment.