Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Villa 4-1 Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Online comments never cease to cause delight and bewilderment. This from the Guardian comments on the game today. Either the work of a subversive comedic genius or... 

Screenshot_20191208_175933.jpg

For every one person saying how good we are, they’ll be 10 people saying how crap we are

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Very competent performance indeed. Freshened up the line-up. Solid three points. Could have had many more with better composure on final ball. Have to say, that was the most weak, disengaged, incompetent refereeing display I’ve seen in PL for a long while. Oliver was truly abysmal. 

Bad ref. Ricardo could have had his leg broke. The ref didn’t make any effort to protect players.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

This guy on the Villa forum

People are going over board about leicester. They're just counter attackers with a ruthless striker.  like villa under o'neil.

I still think Grealish is better than Madison. Grealish can dribble Maddison is a give and go merchant. Put maddison in a villa shirt and his career would tail off if he tried a one two with wesley.

Utter madness. Looney bin comment! Grealish is their best player but still would struggle to get in our first 11...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

People are going over board about leicester. They're just counter attackers with a ruthless striker.  like villa under o'neil.

I still think Grealish is better than Madison. Grealish can dribble Maddison is a give and go merchant. Put maddison in a villa shirt and his career would tail off if he tried a one two with wesley.

I must have missed the season where O'Neill's Villa won the league!lol

1 minute ago, RGFox said:

Utter madness. Looney bin comment! Grealish is their best player but still would struggle to get in our first 11...

I like Grealish (although he was more interested in shit housery today) but we simply don't have a vacancy for him at the moment,

1 hour ago, harmoye said:

From the Villa forum..brilliant !

In general play, in the stuff that happens between the boxes, we matched them, we had plenty of the play and we created opportunities for things to happen in their box - they did the same to us - the difference tended to be that Leicester are a six foot hooded man with a straight razor in a badly lit alley and we're a four year old with a nerf gun at the wacky warehouse. They are clinical in finishing off attacks, they're quick, they're smart and they finish - they didn't misplace much in the final third and  the whole team plays to make sure the strikers can score goals. For us, we're the opposite, we're good at getting to the opposition box, but from there things break down, we overplay, we get clogged up, we don't threaten, the whole team plays to make up for our lack of threat  - for me, we matched Leicester outside of the final act of scoring goals - but it's the final act that counts and they were a class apart from us at doing it.

I thought they took their kick offs well, good at fouling too.

Elsewhere, they weren't even close and the scoreline didn't quite reflect how good we were.

The result never looked in any doubt today. Even when they scored I was confident we'd beat them. In truth it could have been a lot more. Yes Villa might have gone in front, but they would not have been good enough to beat us even if they did.

Easy 3 points. On to the next game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

When have Villa ever had a ruthless striker? Is he talking about Gabriel Agbonlahor? lol

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Another excellent display, going forward we are an absolute delight and create chances freely which you simply love to see.

Have to say a bit of the old Leicester profligacy in front of goal today, should really have had another 9 and I'm getting a bit tired of Barnes missing sitters now, you feel that eventually it is going to cost us big time.

Can't believe you've put that and I fully respect many posts you've put over a long time. 

Barnes is a really special player and although I agree his finishing needs work, we must stick with this boy. 

It might cost us big time but he might just win us a tight game with a moment of brilliance from him👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Only because Wesley would miss the ball.

It'd be like when we brought in Roberto Mancini only to expect him try to link up with Junior Lewis.