Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Villa 4-1 Post Match Thread

18 minutes ago, harmoye said:

From the Villa forum..brilliant !

In general play, in the stuff that happens between the boxes, we matched them, we had plenty of the play and we created opportunities for things to happen in their box - they did the same to us - the difference tended to be that Leicester are a six foot hooded man with a straight razor in a badly lit alley and we're a four year old with a nerf gun at the wacky warehouse. They are clinical in finishing off attacks, they're quick, they're smart and they finish - they didn't misplace much in the final third and  the whole team plays to make sure the strikers can score goals. For us, we're the opposite, we're good at getting to the opposition box, but from there things break down, we overplay, we get clogged up, we don't threaten, the whole team plays to make up for our lack of threat  - for me, we matched Leicester outside of the final act of scoring goals - but it's the final act that counts and they were a class apart from us at doing it.

That was fair enough, except they were worse than us defensively. Which you could attribute to Mings I guess, but eh.

Hands down Michael Oliver should be ashamed of his performance. And that's something coming from me as I thought he was the best Referee in the world at this time.

I hope Rodgers had a quiet word with him. Sure that refs watch replays of their matches to make them better just like players and managers.

Aston Villa should be ashamed of their performance. Sad the amount of shithousery and outright assault that was on view.

Hard for me to understand this type of behavior on the field of play. Controlled aggression is one thing Assault is another.

That said we absolutely dominated them. Our pressing is relentless. They touch the ball and 2 or 3 touches later its back in their face. Relentless.

We should of had them buried at half time. Still don't understand how Grelish's goal wasn't offsides. Grelish what a joke. Enough said on that. 

Iheanacho was sensational with his work rate and goal, looks like he fits right in now. Love how the bench is becoming a place of opportunity and not punishment.

You get 10/20/30/ minutes to go prove yourself if you want to play. Real Competition for places. Produce.

After watching the last 2 matches I was on the fence about how today was going to go. I felt a sense of change and confidence when I saw that squad sheet.

It's really starting to come together now. Next.

Loved it. We were brilliant and could/should have won by 6. 

Every player was outstanding.

Going into the second half, 1-2, I thought we may be under threat a bit but it was the opposite and we just battered them.

Up the Foxes.

34 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Online comments never cease to cause delight and bewilderment. This from the Guardian comments on the game today. Either the work of a subversive comedic genius or... 

Screenshot_20191208_175933.jpg

I tend not to get riled by online comments WRT Leicester - but I’m fairly certain this person has never watched a live game of football in their life or they’re bordering on senile. None of anything they’ve said is even remotely true. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Loved it. We were brilliant and could/should have won by 6. 

Every player was outstanding.

Going into the second half, 1-2, I thought we may be under threat a bit but it was the opposite and we just battered them.

Up the Foxes.

That’s one of the most impressive things this season. We know how to hold our nerve and impose ourselves on the game. It’s what top teams do and it’s bloody brilliant to watch. 

• Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

That’s one of the most impressive things this season. We know how to hold our nerve and impose ourselves on the game. It’s what top teams do and it’s bloody brilliant to watch. 

In years before we may have crumbled. That's what I had in my mind. But we just killed them off.

54 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Online comments never cease to cause delight and bewilderment. This from the Guardian comments on the game today. Either the work of a subversive comedic genius or... 

Screenshot_20191208_175933.jpg

Did they know Leicester were the team in Grey and not the one in Claret?

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It has to be remembered that villa fans are the Midlands equivalent of Liverpool fans, enough said. 

10 minutes ago, AK76 said:

Another win on the road for Leicester, makes it 8 on the trot and Vardy keeps banging them in. See LCFC Fox Nabils vlog, covers the goals and action and reacation.

This is a special season, teach your son to watch it through his own eyes instead of a camera.

Unless it isn’t actually your son, then it’s a bit weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a few Villa fans saying we are the best side they've played and that we look better than Liverpool despite them being above us. Some saying we are the best team in the country at the moment.  And they really hate Wesley. He does look like a pub player though to be fair. And I think most have realised now that Madders is well above Grealish at the moment.