Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Villa 4-1 Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

It has to be remembered that villa fans are the Midlands equivalent of Liverpool fans, enough said. 

Whilst their club seems more of a midlands Fulham.

CashBurn.JPG.c29494dec79bb6739c5ff8f7061eb113.JPG

Wesley, Douglas Luiz and Targett at a combined £50M? 

Rodger is cleverly building up pitch time for the squad.  Justin and Ienacho ready now too.

The ref was terrible.  He seemed to have read that Grealish is the most fouled p,Ayer in the division.  He was harsh on Ricardo.  Ref bottled giving second yellows to Villa players.

Yet we cruised..

Grealish was poor today in his conduct.  However, he is a hell of a player.  In the right team he would be brilliant.  If Villa go down, I would be happy if we signed him.  Rodgers would educate him.

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

This guy on the Villa forum

People are going over board about leicester. They're just counter attackers with a ruthless striker.  like villa under o'neil.

I still think Grealish is better than Madison. Grealish can dribble Maddison is a give and go merchant. Put maddison in a villa shirt and his career would tail off if he tried a one two with wesley.

Delusions of grandeur. This man's an ostrich.

In summer 2018, comparing Maddison and Grealish, it was quite clear Maddison had far superior stats (goals and assists) playing for an inferior team. Just as important for me though was (is) Maddison's superior mobility. He takes the ball on the half turn and can dribble past players. In comparison Grealish's dribbles tend to be where he uses his physical strength to get past players, or more often settles for drawsing a cheap foul.

Grealish is a talented player but there's daylight between him and Maddison.

It’s a shame about Graelish, because if he bottled all that drama and petulance and channeled it for good he could be a major star on the world stage.  And he’s exactly the sort of player England desperately need tactically.

6 hours ago, Manini said:

If it weren’t for a freak season from Liverpool we’d be 2x Premier League champions at a canter 

It is if we are Liverpool and they are Man C of last year.  Liverpool had an amazing season but City were just that little bit better.  We are doing the same just out of this world this season,  just with one team being that one step better.  For us to win 3 more games than Liverpool over the next 22 games will be tough, not impossible but very tough.  We must win at home on boxing day and hope that at least 2 others knock them off and that still requires us not to lose any games.  That is the real dynamic to consider, we can't lose at all and they have to lose 3.  Shame but second place seems the most likely.

44 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Jack Grealish does things my 12-year old nephew does - without a football pitch.

Guy's an embarrassment to football, all that talent left to waste for some temper tantrums.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Grealish is quality but his attitude is worse than Maddison's was last season. I think Liverpool will go for him in the summer.

One reason he doesn't deserve an England call up yet. He's a brilliant player, but his attitude stinks. When things are going well or average you see the player, but when things go against him he can revert to being a proper twat.

For what its worth i think Alli and Mount will be starters or the main offensive players used at the euros with Maddison called up due to pressure from the public. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, murphy said:

Jamie Vardy is only the second player in PL history to score 8 consecutively twice after Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

No one has scored 9 in a row twice.   Until next week!

You really wouldn't want to be Norwich coming to our place next week with Vardy in this sort of form.  Unstoppable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s a shame about Graelish, because if he bottled all that drama and petulance and channeled it for good he could be a major star on the world stage.  And he’s exactly the sort of player England desperately need tactically.

Nah. That player plays for us...

maddison_1_0.jpg.ce9d111783eab44a61b84e325ebf1184.jpg

The best creative midfielder in the country and his stats prove it. 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Nah. That player plays for us...

maddison_1_0.jpg.ce9d111783eab44a61b84e325ebf1184.jpg

The best creative midfielder in the country and his stats prove it. 

His stats from open play have him well down the pecking order though, but those set piece deliveries are important nonetheless. Superb player for us.

Did anyone watching on Sky (tin hat at the ready), notice Grealish having a heated exchange with someone in the Villa dugout? 

It wasn’t long after our first goal, so I was wondering if he was having a go at the manager for not bringing Mings off or if it was aimed at Mings for staying on.

28 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Did anyone watching on Sky (tin hat at the ready), notice Grealish having a heated exchange with someone in the Villa dugout? 

It wasn’t long after our first goal, so I was wondering if he was having a go at the manager for not bringing Mings off or if it was aimed at Mings for staying on.

That was the moment when Grealish was mouthing off towards our bench, if I remember correctly.