Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Villa 4-1 Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Vardy only needs 4 more goals to become a centurion; he’s on track to score 38 goals this season!!:D 

Can definitely see him beating Shearer’s record.

Incredible considering how late he showed up to the league as well, 27/28 wasn’t it and even the wasn’t really playing until later in the 14/15 season. 

Edited by Sir Shep
Seems my numbers were about 10 years off!
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

Just a few points about the massacre at Villa Park. This is THE best team we have ever had, there is quality all over the pitch. This is the best football I have seen from LCFC in the 43 years I have been following them. They are simply wonderful to watch. They have also equalled the clubs longest ever winning run of ten games, just outstanding. On Villa, I thought they were OK but their antics were a disgrace just as was the referee. He constantly did nothing abut the Villa players assaulting the mighty blue knights but was willing to book any of ours for looking in the wrong way. 

Finally we looked far better once the diamond was scrapped and we reverted to our normal formation. 

Oh I forgot We are staying up. 

Bloomfields team was great but not this clinical, this is by far the best city team I have seen in over 50 years

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Souness. Dirty, fouling cnut is more apt. Secondarily, he was a great player.

Well that part is also true!

But then perhaps you can say the same about players like Vieria and Keane too. That's why for me players like Kante and Makelele deserve a ton of praise, as they were capable of being aggressive but without cheating. Wilfred Ndidi is now getting very close to being in that conversation too!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Incredible considering how late he showed up to the league as well, 27/28 wasn’t it and even the wasn’t really playing until later in the 14/25 season. 

Yes absolutely, he’s certainly can play till his late 30s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well that part is also true!

But then perhaps you can say the same about players like Vieria and Keane too. That's why for me players like Kante and Makelele deserve a ton of praise, as they were capable of being aggressive but without cheating. Wilfred Ndidi is now getting very close to being in that conversation too!

Yes, absolutely. Souness was also from a time when it was ok to be a dirty fouling cnut. Keane and Vieira were the direct descendents from him and I suppose today's versions are much more refined.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Bloomfields team was great but not this clinical, this is by far the best city team I have seen in over 50 years

I loved Jimmy Bloomfields team for  the brilliant individuals and characters. The championship winning team were great, but I have to agree this is the best Leicester team I've ever seen in 50 years of watching them 

• Like 2