Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Villa 4-1 Post Match Thread

So pleased for Kelechi the lad is like a new signing for us, it looks like Brendan has took him under his wing got his confidence back and the lad will only get better when he keeps finding the net.

Looks like he may now be first choice over Ayoze which is a shame, pity we can’t accomadate both on either wings but the competition for places is superb with players getting better game after game.

Six points infont of Current champions Man City 8 points behind Diverpool who with their fixture list surely can’t not drop points over the coming weeks and what surely looks like a tasty fixture when the whinging bridesmaids scouse cnuts come to the KP on Boxing Day and I really hope we can get revenge over Manes blatant dive to beat us at Wankfield !!

I knew we we would be Top 8 this season but to be on the chase of the title again being in 2nd place omfg this is just dream world again, hoping Brendan can keep us into winning ways for a long time to come chase down Diverpool would be amazing hoping our beloved foxes can deliver us a Christmas win over the leaders would be amazing !!

I FUCHING LOVE THIS FOOTBALL CLUB WHAT AN AMAZING FEELING BEING A LEICESTER CITY FAN !!

• Like 2

Wonderful performance. Thought Cags was immense! Very pleased for Ian getting another goal, will really help confidence. Thought Justin looked tidy too.  Vardy made it 11 goals in 8 games... but by Christ Villa are a dirty team!!

The only thing I want now is for Harvey Barnes to score! He keeps getting into superb positions but then shanks the shot, I think he’s almost working too hard and needs to relax in front of goal... he’ll get there though, Im sure of it...

Edited by car1os
  • Like 3

Just now, CyprusFox said:

I loved Jimmy Bloomfields team for  the brilliant individuals and characters. The championship winning team were great, but I have to agree this is the best Leicester team I've ever seen in 50 years of watching them 

Hänqgt. Your still a baby...I have 60yrs under my belt..(Not the Rooney version..!!).  We have had Great individuals,but this is the best Technical Team & bench-team, we have ever had..IMO.!    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Dunno, Mané, KdB are a tough competition but the golden boot is a real possibility. Would be chuffed for him either way.

He should be walking PFA POTY if it's done today ffs.

You have to be the biggest football hipster in the world to say Mane, de Bruyne or anyone else is in contention.

He's well on course to break the record for most goals in a PL season - which was done when there were 42 games in a season.

1 minute ago, car1os said:

My wife keeps asking me what I want for Christmas - the only thing I want is for Harvey Barnes to score! He keeps getting into superb positions but then shanks the shot, I think he’s almost working too hard and needs to relax in front of goal... he’ll get there though, Im sure of it...

Totally agree, he was so unlucky today.

We played some superb stuff today. A ruthlessly effective performance. Vardy is phenomena - 16 in 16 and in the form of his life at the age of 32. I'd love for him to win the golden boot this season.

I can't get over the technical ability of some of our midfield players. Tielemans, Maddison and Praet are all outrageous players. Add Ndidi who has been a monster this season in behind them and it give us the platform to break up oppositions play and allow our creative players to inspire our attacks. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

If it weren’t for a freak season from Liverpool we’d be 2x Premier League champions at a canter 

We may still make this a race. They have a lot of football to play this month, and with Man City falling back, it is a natural letdown situation for Liverpool. If we can beat them and pick up another 3 points while they are distracted this month w/crap like the FIFA Club World Cup, we'll be in striking range. Hopefully we continue to bury Man City in any event, esp want that road win this month.

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Hänqgt. Your still a baby...I have 60yrs under my belt..(Not the Rooney version..!!).  We have had Great individuals,but this is the best Technical Team & bench-team, we have ever had..IMO.!    

Yep, 60+ years for me as well, never seen better. We couldn't could we?

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

We are playing just as well as Liverpool now , they are the European Champions so we should never doubt our ability to compete with anyone . There are some on here who still doubt this team , they are a better side than every other team bar Liverpool so a par performance should get the result. Today they played to their expected standard and were just too good for Villa.

Thought it was a great result today. I think Villa will give a lot of team a tough day at their home and it shows the quality of us that we controlled the game and won easily in the end. Soyuncu's positioning and reactions in the box are immense, I wish I could defend like that in Fifa! Ndidi is have a season that he's been threatening since he came..so pleased for him. But this team also has depth on the bench, Preat was tidy, Iheanacho had a great game and Justin definitely looks like he can be called upon. 

If we are going to win the title it'll be done this month, if Liverpool are going to be vulnerable it'll happen this month...and if we can go unbeaten till the end of the month...well a lot of if's there. But finishing runners up would be a huge achievement even if we can't catch them.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He should be walking PFA POTY if it's done today ffs.

You have to be the biggest football hipster in the world to say Mane, de Bruyne or anyone else is in contention.

He's well on course to break the record for most goals in a PL season - which was done when there were 42 games in a season.

The amazing thing is, Jamie’s on another blinding scoring spree and playing better than ever, yet.....

...he probably wouldn’t get in my top three for Leicester’s player of the year (Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi)!!

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Wanted 30 minutes to let the adrenaline go down, without a doubt the best Leicester team ive seen in near on fifty years of following them. A joy to watch , we are very lucky to call this team ours.

35 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

They're going nowhere.  Solidly mid-table team with real talent.  Which makes the result that much more impressive.

It's a shame Graelish engages in all the chippy bullshlt, because like it or not he's a legit talent.  He scored their goal and created several chances with his cleverness and vision.  He's an old-school #10 - a true fantasista, a dying breed.

I don't doubt their potential, going forward they look dangerous and utilise their wings really well, what I couldn't stand was their play acting, fouling and dirty tactics, grealish is clearly a cracking player but the way he spat his dummy out when he realised the game was beyond them was a disgrace, as you say a 4-1 win proves how good we are as they've played alot of good teams off the park, I just can't the way they went about things when they realised they were getting a arse smacking 

• Like 1