Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Title Race

2 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Liverpool were lucky today. I can see the title race going right to the end. Its not over.

Yeah, it is.

Half way through the season, and they've dropped 2 points. They are now 10 points ahead. Not only would we need to keep pace with them, we would have to better them by 10 (or 11) points.

It's over.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mendi said:

Liverpool were lucky today. I can see the title race going right to the end. Its not over.

We say that about Liverpool every week though. Difference between us and them is that title winners win their games, no matter what. We looked like shit today against second-from-bottom and scraped a point and unfortunately that's you can't accept that if you want to be genuine title contenders. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Glad we can bin this nonsense off now

oh there will be plenty still deluding themselves trust me.

Difference between us and Liverpool is while we were both shite today they won. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I don't think we were ever in it.

Liverpool are on a different planet and will win the league by 15+ this season.

Our concern is finishing top 4 and champions league qualification, and that would be absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

The inability of teams who can't take there chances against the pool is really pissing me off right now. How many times are they gonna get away with it?

If teams can finish against them then yes, there is a chance. However, we need to win all remaining matches and that jack ain't happening.

Just focus on securing 2nd or 3rd and that'll be a great way to end a highly successful season. :)

Edited by TheF1Bob

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Worried now that it we lose at Man City and then against Liverpool and the likes of Spurs/United pick up points that our confidence will take a big knock and potentially ruin our season. 

Perspective though. Happened during the title winning season a few times, West Brom, West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa. Hell almost Norwich too! We had won 8 straight and have been playing incredible football. A combination of the wrong starting formation and probably trying to force it a bit near the end cost us today, as well as a very good performance from Norwich. Still unbeaten at home so far and not lost in 9. I think the disappointment is just natural as we've set those standards for ourselves. But these results happen. Brendan and the guys will work hard and want to make a point vs City. 

The annoying thing is Liverpool weren't much cop today (And a few games i've seen) from what I saw, 2-0 flattered them and if Watford could have put some chances away (They made more than a few) they'd have gave Liverpool a scare.

Unfortunately we also weren't much cop today either (or in the few matches recently Everton and Watford) but couldn't find a winner.

It's their's to lose and i'm hoping they get comfortable with that attitude causing them to mess up, unlikely.

Whether we catch them or not, anyone, please, can't be doing with those arseholes winning the league.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, knitro said:

what a loser mentality- why even watch the rest of the season?

Cos I can enjoy watching us play the way we do most weeks and finish second or even top 4.

Don't need to delude myself that we can overhaul one of the greatest english sides ever to enjoy this season. 

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 1