Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Title Race

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I just love that stat.  It gives me hope. 

The problem we have is that Liverpool are prepared to give up everything this season to win the league. 

That's how bad they want it. 

If we beat Liverpool on goal difference, last game of the season. That's what dreams are made of :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

It feels more like a parade lap than a race. 

What I'm enjoying is that three years ago we were saying, 'this is the greatest Leicester City team we'll see in our lifetimes' and we're actually watching an even better side now. 

Titles are one part quality, two parts magic. But seeing our club build, progress, improve the way it is - that's concrete. 

Enjoy it. 

This is what is is truly incredible. The club is improving all the time too, back then I didn't think we'd ever see a better team than that, but just 4 years later we are! And this time round I don't think this will be the est ever team we see, I think maybe in 2 seasons time that team will emerge for us. Top, Rudkin and Wheelan are all taking Vichai's legacy to another level, and with Rodgers here for most likely another 3 years or so we have what it takes to go up another level too.

Incredible time to support the club! Literally can't wait to go to the next match, just like back in 15/16.

• Like 2

Liverpool are crap, they only have 4 players that get into our starting 11. VVD, Mane, Salah & Alice the goalkeeper. I still cannot figure out how that German wizard is squeezing these performances out of the rest of their rubbish players.

No reason to expect them to continue grinding out results, they’ll falter and we’ll be waiting. I know it sounds crazy but pick your combined 11 and it’ll be majority LCFC id bet.

Alison 

Chilwell

Soyuncu

VVD

Ricardo

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Mane

Vardy

Salah

Edited by SheppyFox

34 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Said this in another thread (yes I believe I’m sane)

if we can somehow turn over Man City, not forgetting Norwich beforehand, we could make Liverpool more nervous.

beat Liverpool at home, we will be 5 points behind.

beat West Ham away we are 2 points behind, as they miss a league game owing to the champions cup.

best Newcastle away, we go above them by 1 point. 

yes they play the first of their two games in hand the next evening, but would you bet against us currently?

We would actually only be 2 points behind because when we play Man City, Liverpool miss a game. When we play West Ham, Liverpool don't play until the next day, same on New Year's. So as you say, we could always nip a point ahead of Liverpool before they play the next day (and still have an extra game in hand). Always better to have points on the board than games in hand.

Having said that, I can see Liverpool keep a consistently big gap. They just have momentum going and even when they do slip up, they recover.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I missed the last home match of the 15/16 season due to a pre-arranged holiday abroad. The last three seasons there hasn't been a clash. However, on the day we meet Man U in May I will again be on holiday abroad. It couldn't happen again, could it?

Shame for you but let's hope ao.

Looking at Liverpool fixtures, can easily see where they might lose or drop points in 6 or 7 games, especially away from home:

LCFC away

Wolves (Home and) away

(Sheff U home) 

Spurs away

(Man U home)

Everton away

Newcastle away

Arsenal away.

Need Salzburg to dump them out of the CL tomorrow into the Thursday Europa league for starters.

Very tough January fixtures for them, could see them drop points in three games on the trot.

Even if we draw on Boxing day, it may still be a closer run thing than people imagine.....

Edited by FoxFossil

I would dearly love us to be in with a chance come the end but realistically I just cannot see anyone catching Liverpool this season, they are a machine that just keeps winning even when they are not playing to their best. lets just take each game as it comes, carry on picking up the points and secure second place. Coming second is far preferable than fourth when it comes to seedings for the CL draw. Save Barca, Real, Bayern for the semis/Final

9 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Looking a Liverpool fixtures, can easily see where they might lose or drop points in 6 or 7 games, especially away from home:

LCFC away

Wolves (Home and) away

(Sheff U home) 

Spurs away

(Man U home)

Everton away

Newcastle away

Arsenal away.

Need Salzburg to dump them out of the CL tomorrow into the Thursday Europa league for starters.

Very tough January fixtures for them, could see them drop points in three games on the trot.

Even if we draw on Boxing day, it may still be a closer run thing than people imagine.....

I’d rather they stayed in the CL. They would just play the kids in Europa so would have no impact on their PL season

• Like 3

Our purple patch will end eventually and Man City away will be very tough to win. Basically, we have to hope they are deflated after recent results, because we will struggle to beat them if they are up for it. 

Not to mention actually beating Liverpool at home. 

8 points seems a lot even at this stage and I don't trust that our young team has the resoluteness to pull it off. Liverpool are hungry CL champions and will see this through, I think. 

14 minutes ago, shen said:

Our purple patch will end eventually and Man City away will be very tough to win. Basically, we have to hope they are deflated after recent results, because we will struggle to beat them if they are up for it. 

Not to mention actually beating Liverpool at home. 

8 points seems a lot even at this stage and I don't trust that our young team has the resoluteness to pull it off. Liverpool are hungry CL champions and will see this through, I think. 

Defensively Manchester City are weaker this season, we can get something from that game whether it be a draw or a win. They are not invisible. 

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Liverpool are crap, they only have 4 players that get into our starting 11. VVD, Mane, Salah & Alice the goalkeeper. I still cannot figure out how that German wizard is squeezing these performances out of the rest of their rubbish players.

No reason to expect them to continue grinding out results, they’ll falter and we’ll be waiting. I know it sounds crazy but pick your combined 11 and it’ll be majority LCFC id bet.

Alison 

Chilwell

Soyuncu

VVD

Ricardo

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Mane

Vardy

Salah

I'd take Robertson over Chilwell. 

Alison 

Chilwell

Soyuncu

VVD

Ricardo

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Mane

Vardy

Salah

Yeah only gone something like 60 games unbeaten in the League and they're the current European cup holders. Crap? Have a word mate ffs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

If we are somehow ahead of Liverpool on the final day of the season, and need a win to clinch the title, I can't imagine Man Utd trying too hard to stop us!

exactly the same conversation as 15/16 re Chelsea A ref spurs chasing us ………...

i imagine us currently watching Liverpool grinding it out was like spurs chasing us march/april that season ….

and if you want more omens, we played Liverpool boxing day that season too (A though)

Edited by st albans fox

Guest An Sionnach

Let's be fair here Liverpool are very good and so are we. It should be a tremendous match at the King Power and we may well edge it. What we need to be is very good until the last match of the season because they will be.

Alison 

Chilwell

Soyuncu

VVD

Ricardo

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Mane

Vardy

Salah

You spelt Schmeichel wrong.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah only gone something like 60 games unbeaten in the League and they're The current European cup holders. Crap? Have a word mate ffs.

You are of course right, they aren’t really crap but my main point is looking at a combined 11 I’d say we have a majority and Klopp is getting a lot more out of that squad than he should be. In theory it’s Klopp getting the results, not their players. 

Edited by SheppyFox