Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

2020 - What do you want ??

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

From a City perspective I'm guessing we all want the same...

1. Top 4 finish

2. Still in the top 4 at the end of 2020

3. Qualification for the UCL knockout stages

4. A Wembley final and a cup.

Personally I want to stay healthy enough to continue attending all home matches and fit enough to drive the 280 mile round trip.

Not too much to ask, is it ??

Was typing out my LCFC 'wants' and realised it was basically word-for-word the same as yours. Achievable, too.

Add in a couple of top signings and keep most of the squad together into next and that'd be ideal. 

Getting the training ground operational by the summer, and subsequently announcing the ground expansion officially would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why would we opt to get Adam Lallana when we have quality players in the positions he plays in lol

And why would Adam Lallana leave a team about to win the league and still potential CL winners where's he's a fringe player to become a fringe player at a team doing none of that. Surely if he leaves, it's to get more regular football.

Top 4 finish and then qualification through the group stage, at least one cup final. all key players to stay with quality additions and to continue playing the great football we have.

Off the pitch, the clappers to go, more noise at the ground and to cut out the recent crap we've seen about politics.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sdb said:

Top 3 and a cup would be incredible. 

Agree with those mentioning fans and atmosphere. We seem to be attracting some strange folk at the mo, and the noise at games isn't half what it was just a few years ago.

Success breeds sanitation unfortunately

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

From a City perspective I'm guessing we all want the same...

1. Top 4 finish

2. Still in the top 4 at the end of 2020

3. Qualification for the UCL knockout stages

4. A Wembley final and a cup.

Personally I want to stay healthy enough to continue attending all home matches and fit enough to drive the 280 mile round trip.

Not too much to ask, is it ??

Where are you driving from?

So, my wishes for the new year:

• Top Four finish this season (not unrealistic, given how erratic the immediate competition are right now in terms of results; we are where we deserve to be at present)
  • Winning a cup final would be nice
  • Strengthening of the squad (reinforcements on the wings, plus a centre-back and a left-back (Fuchs replacement))
  • As the 2020/2021 season progresses and approaches Christmas, good football on display in whatever European competition we'll be by then
  • A top-notch new training ground to be completed - looking forward to a tour!

And a EURO 2020 that doesn't become farcical (with some of the locations being so far apart).

Edited by MC Prussian

If we get past Villa. 

The caribou Cup final to be rearranged. 

Waited 20.years to see us in one and my bellend mate arranges his 50th in Vegas on the 29th February 😭

Also, as above 

Stay where we are (or higher😜) in the league. 

Keep our best people at the club. 

Improve our fans performance. 

Force everyone to remain in the ground after the last home game, to make sure Morgan, Fuchs and any other legend of the club, get the proper send off from our fans. 

Be dreadful to see them walk around a half empty stadium, but it wouldn't surprise me 😕

• Thanks 1