Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

2020 - What do you want ??

From a City perspective I'm guessing we all want the same...

1. Top 4 finish

2. Still in the top 4 at the end of 2020

3. Qualification for the UCL knockout stages

4. A Wembley final and a cup.

Personally I want to stay healthy enough to continue attending all home matches and fit enough to drive the 280 mile round trip.

Not too much to ask, is it ??

• Like 3

Realistic goals - Top 4 and the FA Cup

For the end of 2020, I want to still be in the champions league (if we finish top 4 this season).

Dont think we'l finish top 4 next season as it will be tough to juggle Europe and the league unless you are Liverpool or Man City, think the 20s will be the era of a host of teams bouncing in and out of the champions league on alternate years rather than a fixed top 4/top 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

think the 20s will be the era of a host of teams bouncing in and out of the champions league on alternate years rather than a fixed top 4/top 6.

Not if they change the qualifying criteria.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Realistic goals - Top 4 and the FA Cup

For the end of 2020, I want to still be in the champions league (if we finish top 4 this season).

Dont think we'l finish top 4 next season as it will be tough to juggle Europe and the league unless you are Liverpool or Man City, think the 20s will be the era of a host of teams bouncing in and out of the champions league on alternate years rather than a fixed top 4/top 6.

That’s got to be the dream of every football fan - other than the “big 6 “ supporters. I never watch champions league anymore as it’s got so stale with the same teams going through the same motions year in year out. I’d watch it if Wolves made it one year, Everton another and anyone else. That would also generate more revenue for us smaller teams and let us all continue to compete with the big boys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

That’s got to be the dream of every football fan - other than the “big 6 “ supporters. I never watch champions league anymore as it’s got so stale with the same teams going through the same motions year in year out. I’d watch it if Wolves made it one year, Everton another and anyone else. That would also generate more revenue for us smaller teams and let us all continue to compete with the big boys.

I agree, I rarely watch the CL these days. The odd game if I can't be arsed to watch anything else and I'll watch the final, but that's it. Like you say if Wolves or Everton or Sheff Utd made it I would probably watch it due to the fact it's different than the usual suspects every year.

• Like 2

To continue progressing and improving our game under Brendan. That would be my biggest wish for 2020.

2nd would be for Harvey Barnes to regain the confidence he had in the Championship last year and cement his place in the EPL. 

Then ofc the obvious, finish top 4 and manage to pick up some sort of silverware. 

• Like 1

Obviously want loads but realistically my top 10 would be:

Top 4 / champ league football 

Golden Boot
Cup win
Get Adam Lallana

Get Jarrod Bowen 

Barnes / Gray / Iheanacho kick on

Retain Chilly / Madders / Youri / N’didi

Further promotion from the youth teams

England recognition for Hamza

Benkovic fulfils his potential 

Edited by TaggertvsWise
  • Like 1

Right now. Top 3. 

A semi final win against Villa for a day out at Wembley (is it too much to ask that we play united in the final)

Added bonuses a 2nd trip to wembley in the fa cup. Still dream of winning it.

Then a CL draw that involves a trip to Holland. The ferry from Harwich to Hook could be absolutely top class if we could get 100s of City fans on it. Guess that's a very personal choice tho.

Guest Markyblue

League and fa cups, top 4 finish, keep all our players, ground expansion and Liverpool to lose title on goal difference... never been greedy me.

Champions League qualification

A cup (ideally FA Cup)

Vardy golden boot

Key players not sold

A couple of good transfer windows, with the deadwood cleared out and upgraded

Rodgers not poached by a "bigger club"

Stadium expansion announced

Training ground completed on time