Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 2-0 Wigan (FA Cup) - Post-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, matty2702 said:

4 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Albrighton crosses were crap. Hamza got nutmeged a couple of times. The second half was tedious, and would have livened up if the Wigan goal had stood.

Love Albrighton but some shocking decision making at times, think he was trying too hard once he got given the armband...! 

Job done 

Seemed to me that Albrighton’s floaty, inaccurate crosses to the back post were made with Ulloa in mind, and he’d forgotten that Leo left some time ago. 
Or he was just shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

You have a point! But you have to take the quality of the opposition into account no?

Even so, we played our strongest, consistent team and it was an epic failure against man c and Liverpool.  This match we played poor but never looked like getting beaten

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Albrighton moved on this month if we get another winger in, end of the road for him.

No way he’s gone in Jan. Maybe the summer, but even then I could definitely see a Morgan/Fuchs role involved for Albrighton for at least next season!

I personally think we won’t sign another winger in Jan, just a centre back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Albrighton moved on this month if we get another winger in, end of the road for him.

These posts make me chuckle, people acting as if 30 signifies the end of a player, forgetting the best striker in the EPL is 32. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was head and shoulders above Gray and Albrighton today who he was often inter changing with. Some of his touches and lay offs in the 1st half were unreal, he has a lot of polishing up to do mind you. 

Massive upgrade on Albrighton and Grey.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

These posts make me chuckle, people acting as if 30 signifies the end of a player, forgetting the best striker in the EPL is 32. 

Wingers tend to decline faster than strikers though tbf, as pace and stamina are a more integral part of their position 

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He needs regular football which he's not getting with us. Still plenty left in the tank for him but he's never been good as a bit part player, always needs to play himself in to form. I don't see him sticking around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been really disappointing in his last few games. Sad because he had a good pre season. I think he'll probably leave in the summer with the clubs blessing. 

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

F A Cup is such a devalued competition these days.. sad to see it in such decline.

Even championship teams play weakened sides.

I was wondering how much the prize money would have to be to stop that. I'd love us to win this competition. Assuming Man U win all their remaining fixtures we can still afford 4 losses and finish in the top 4. We should bloody well go for it.

55 minutes ago, weller54 said:

F A Cup is such a devalued competition these days.. sad to see it in such decline.

Even championship teams play weakened sides.

Don't think clubs have any choice but to rotate their teams considering the fixture pile up

Twas an off night for Albrighton, problem is when he has a stinker, it is almost always really really bad. However he wont be going anywhere this month.

If we get CL we'll no doubt be spaffing money on tasty wingers so he may be moved on/decide to move on as he can play 90 mins a week elsewhere in the league like at Burnley or another team who play massive lumps up top.

4 hours ago, trabuch said:

I was wondering how much the prize money would have to be to stop that. I'd love us to win this competition. Assuming Man U win all their remaining fixtures we can still afford 4 losses and finish in the top 4. We should bloody well go for it.

For an EPL club it would probably need to be at least 50million

Each league placing in the EPL is worth 12 million. Getting relegated costs 100+ million.

Edited by Chrysalis