Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison

Bruno Fernandes of Sporting Lisbon seemingly back on the agenda at United - it's basically been confirmed that Solskjaer and Phelan went to watch him at the weekend, and now reports that Sporting's president is in the UK for talks.

Signing a number 10 for £50m+ surely kills all interest in Maddison, even for the summer (particularly given Pogba's lack of defensive ability).

And that article which says Sporting would replace Fernandes with Adrien Silva could make it a double win for us!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

That sean from enderby geezer said maddison is holding out his contract to sign for Utd or Liverpool.

This wouldn't surprise me if true. From what I've heard the contract talks have been going on a hell of a long time and I can only think it's about his salary and/or release clauses etc. On the flipside he was desperate to get tielemans over here who's a family man who made it clear that his next club came hand in hand with family stability and I can't imagine maddison going to all that trouble and public remarks and so on if he was just going to ditch him after one season. And obviously theres his family location too.

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Lingard’s personal circumstances will come to light in the next six months and I think certain journalists suggesting part exchanges etc won’t be feeling proud of themselves. 

The only way he’d leave Man U is to another North West club 

Lingard will be there till end of the season as will Maddison be here. Lingard I won't be surprised will go somewhere like Everton I think. I'm not sure what will happen to Maddison in the summer, for me he would go if one of the other top six comes in for him but not at moment. Maddison will still be around to make sure he gets enough game time try and secure a place in the England team for the euro's. Hope I'm wrong.

37 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Lingard will be there till end of the season as will Maddison be here. Lingard I won't be surprised will go somewhere like Everton I think. I'm not sure what will happen to Maddison in the summer, for me he would go if one of the other top six comes in for him but not at moment. Maddison will still be around to make sure he gets enough game time try and secure a place in the England team for the euro's. Hope I'm wrong.

I think you are. JM will stay for one more season and play CL. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Lingard’s personal circumstances will come to light in the next six months and I think certain journalists suggesting part exchanges etc won’t be feeling proud of themselves. 

The only way he’d leave Man U is to another North West club 

hasn’t there already been a big interview with him about how his family has fallen apart etc. 

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Bruno Fernandes of Sporting Lisbon seemingly back on the agenda at United - it's basically been confirmed that Solskjaer and Phelan went to watch him at the weekend, and now reports that Sporting's president is in the UK for talks.

Signing a number 10 for £50m+ surely kills all interest in Maddison, even for the summer (particularly given Pogba's lack of defensive ability).

And that article which says Sporting would replace Fernandes with Adrien Silva could make it a double win for us!

Looks like the Bruno to yanited part is happening ........

5 hours ago, Fox85 said:

That sean from enderby geezer said maddison is holding out his contract to sign for Utd or Liverpool.

Madders ultimately has his heart set on London, it was us and Spurs who were most interest in him when he joined.... and Marc Hughes, but that didn’t work out too well for him......

On 10/01/2020 at 23:46, Pliskin said:

Madders ultimately has his heart set on London, it was us and Spurs who were most interest in him when he joined.... and Marc Hughes, but that didn’t work out too well for him......

Nah he prefers a top 3 club not a slacker like Man U or Spuds !!

On 10/01/2020 at 18:44, jeffschlupp said:

Jeez ! -Sporting will have them over big time . Imagine Woodward and OGS negotiating with those piranhas.lol

Will some people kindly stop saying "we'll lose him in the summer". Ultimately our owners will decide that based on current circumstances, as will they for any of our top stars too. He has the best training ground and facilities for next year and hopefully CL footy aswell, both of these I'd have thought would persuade most of our top players in his position to stay for another year.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 18:44, Fox85 said:

On 10/01/2020 at 18:47, Leicester_Loyal said:

He's a willy puller. Lost any respect I had for him as he keep leaking the team hours early.

This is because the week before, he said a contract was a sure thing and was going to be announced this past week. Mr. #NeverWrong needed an excuse for being wrong. Obviously someone in the club leaked a line up to him, but he is often wrong on transfer stuff, and when he's right, it's usually stuff in the rumour mill already. He was announcred Maguire had signed for ManU -- as in ink on contract -- a few times before Slabhead made yet another pre-season appearance.

Maddison has no real reason to hold up a new deal. He's on longterm with us, and I doubt whatever contract he is on would affect any price this summer. 

If the club thinks he's worth 100 million, that's what they will hold out for -- if he wants to go, you'd think he'd rather make 100k/w rather than 55k/w waiting to see if someone matches the asking price.

If it's true his agent thinks playing games will affect the ownership, he should talk to Mahrez.