Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So you'd be fine with N'didi and Chilwell going?

The problem is, we have lots of players all at different stages of their development all who've been here different amounts of time. 

If you keep holding on and keep holding on, then eventually you're going to end up losing a bunch of players at the same time. Rather than a controlled drip feed of one a season like we currently are doing. 

Think you are right, but this is a both a problem and a blessing. A problem, because as you say, multiple players pushing to/poached at the same time, but a blessing because it means there will always be more senior players there to set to the landscape/ethos for newly arrived players. They don`t need to old to do that, just more mature and having bought into the ethos of the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

hmmmmmm, I cant really criticise him on this one tbh or feel disrespected... Hes putting himself in Lingards shoes and thinking, would i be happy to go from Man Utd > LCFC? If you were a boyhood Man Utd player with dreams of finishing with the big '6' and then told at 27 (prime age) to move on and not the likes of PSG/JUVE/RM/MC/ARS then in his mind  set yes he would think less of LCFC. In my own opinion hes wrong and feel LCFC is on the verge of breaking into it, but i do understood his points.

Hmmmmmmmm it's Lingard we are talking about here. If anything we would be looking down our noses at HIM. He's not good enough to start in a Man united team that is without doubt the worse Man United team we have seen for decades, a team that is 14 points behind us at the halfway stage of the season. Maybe the Murphy should be asking if Lingard would be good enough for Leicester?  He's not and never will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The problem is, we have lots of players all at different stages of their development all who've been here different amounts of time. 

If you keep holding on and keep holding on, then eventually you're going to end up losing a bunch of players at the same time. Rather than a controlled drip feed of one a season like we currently are doing. 

I love Maddison and have always been a big supporter of him and found it baffling when others were criticising. 

However if we sell him for £100m in the summer I won't be too disappointed. It will certainly make us a weaker team but it's probably good for the club long term to sell players for huge money and if we have faith in our scouting to then replace him for less than a third of that money.

As long as we have faith in our ability to buy well then the transfer market should be seen as a big asset for us. 

Meanwhile at Raiola ‘s evil genius HQ

Minion:

”Great news , boss we’ve got a great new client . England regular, household name , teammate of some of the world’s  great players”

Raiola: (languidly stroking Persian cat)

”name?”

Minion:

“Jesse Lingard”

Raiola:

”FFS. If you’re not joking then clear your desk whilst I have security “disappear” you “

35 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Meanwhile at Raiola ‘s evil genius HQ

Minion:

”Great news , boss we’ve got a great new client . England regular, household name , teammate of some of the world’s  great players , young player, loads of potential

Raiola: (languidly stroking Persian cat)

”name?”

Minion:

“Jesse Lingard”

Raiola:

”FFS. If you’re not joking then clear your desk whilst I have security “disappear” you “

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I love Maddison and have always been a big supporter of him and found it baffling when others were criticising. 

However if we sell him for £100m in the summer I won't be too disappointed. It will certainly make us a weaker team but it's probably good for the club long term to sell players for huge money and if we have faith in our scouting to then replace him for less than a third of that money.

As long as we have faith in our ability to buy well then the transfer market should be seen as a big asset for us. 

Harry Wilson?...

Talk in the press today that we're linked with him.

5 hours ago, Simoken said:

hmmmmmm, I cant really criticise him on this one tbh or feel disrespected... Hes putting himself in Lingards shoes and thinking, would i be happy to go from Man Utd > LCFC? If you were a boyhood Man Utd player with dreams of finishing with the big '6' and then told at 27 (prime age) to move on and not the likes of PSG/JUVE/RM/MC/ARS then in his mind  set yes he would think less of LCFC. In my own opinion hes wrong and feel LCFC is on the verge of breaking into it, but i do understood his points.

That's a different recording to the one I was on about, my mistake. the one I was on about was just him banging on about how Madison should join Man U and leicester are not big enough for him etc

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You might be missing some bits and pieces in your profit and loss accounts ........like everything that isn’t transfer fees or wage increases!!!

Also that isn’t how it works. Players costs are amortised over the contract period. 

• Like 1

Well, did not know Alan Pardew is in management at Den Haag :huh:

Clearly this is the wrong place for this comment, but it is a reflection on this tardy transfer window.

14 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don`t get this at all. Roman clearly lied (Or rather the Chelsea hierarchy).

I read that they have spent

• £26m on Conte leaving
  • £41m on wage increases
  • £280m on Kepa Arrizabalaga, Christian Pulisic, Mateo Kovacic and Jorginho
  • Total £347m

They received

• £89m (Potentially £150m) for Hazard
  • £247m injection from Roman
  • Total £336m

But apparently they actually made a loss of £96m rather than £11m

Seems likely it is on-going severance payments or various smaller transfers, but that is not great and should be punished,

Transfer fees dont usually all go on one year's accounts.

So the figures quoted in the story.

Losses were for financial year.

Injection was for the previous 12 months.

Compensation could well be spread out over number of years, same with transfer fees.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

I dont think I said players should leave after year 3, or those two players should be going.

I thought it was easy enough to understand.  But I said those players who are pushing to leave at end of year 2 should give another 12 months before pushing, not that we should move everyone on after 3 years.

Expecting a minimum of 3 years is not "holding on and on and on".  Its not a long term.  Only 2 years at a club is practically nothing.  In 10 years time everyone will be a kante only giving one year to the stepping stone club.

Edited by Chrysalis

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Transfer fees dont usually all go on one year's accounts.

So the figures quoted in the story.

Losses were for financial year.

Injection was for the previous 12 months.

Compensation could well be spread out over number of years, same with transfer fees.

Yes, sorry,I realise it was a blunt illustration

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont think I said players should leave after year 3, or those two players should be going.

I thought it was easy enough to understand.  But I said those players who are pushing to leave at end of year 2 should give another 12 months before pushing, not that we should move everyone on after 3 years.

Expecting a minimum of 3 years is not "holding on and on and on".  Its not a long term.  Only 2 years at a club is practically nothing.  In 10 years time everyone will be a kante only giving one year to the stepping stone club.

But you are ok with them pushing for a move, which means they usually get one, which means we lose players.

As I said, we have so many players at different stages. Every season there will be one or two players coming to that “3rd year” that’s apparently reasonable to want to move on.

Don’t let them go and it means you are “holding on and holding on”

I've just listened to The Transfer Window podcast and they said that the CIES Football Observatory valued Maddison at £112m. So I went on the CIES website and found this:

Screenshot_20200109-121044_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a995b3a8aa2b3a52ac0138cec73f78a0.jpg

I don't know how seriously we can take their valuations, but surely if we get CL football, Maddison will be worth the top end of that range and perhaps more.

Hopefully that means he's not going anywhere unless Maddison himself agitates for a move, Man Utd (or someone else) put in a truly astronomical bid, or we reach an impasse with Maddison with the contract negotiations. To be honest though, I think we'll agree a contract if we qualify for the CL (if one hasn't been agreed before).

I think this is a real watershed moment for Leicester City. It would take us a good few years of sustained success to really push ourselves to a higher plane but I think it is possible. We're one of the best run clubs in the country. Arsenal, Man Utd and to a degree Spurs are a shitshow and Chelsea aren't exactly stable either. Qualifying for the CL this season is huge. I think we're going to have to really dig our heels in on players leaving, which gets a lot easier if we make the CL, and then push on with some seriously ambitious signings. If we can make consecutive CL seasons, our ability to offer big wages (200k+) really kicks on. New training ground, probably a stadium expansion, and suddenly you've got a club that can certainly compete with some of Europe's top clubs. We'll never have the financial power of a Man Utd but suddenly we have adequate finances and far better administration.

• Like 1