Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Ian McGarry says on the Transfer Window podcast the club are struggling to agree contract terms.

Maddison and agent reportedly want a release clause + more than the £120k/week parity with top earner Vardy.

That report, coupled with the Sky United interest, is probably all designed to get Leicester to put their money where their mouth is. 

Sounds like Ian McGarry trying to drum up some interest for his own podcast to me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Still think Grealish would be Maddison's ideal replacement.

Sign pretty boy Cantwell from Norwich too.

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Prefer to Waste my energy,hoping Maddison to  stay at least 1-2 seasons more....

• Haha 1

Either Man Utd, Skysports, or both, are desperate for this to happen. Makes it even funnier to know it won’t happen in January

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11902339/james-maddison-manchester-united-interested-in-leicester-midfielder

Let’s hope it doesn’t happen in July/August either, when we’re (hopefully) in the CL and Man Utd scrape into the Europa League or miss out on Europe altogether

Edited by car1os

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Ian McGarry says on the Transfer Window podcast the club are struggling to agree contract terms.

Maddison and agent reportedly want a release clause + more than the £120k/week parity with top earner Vardy.

That report, coupled with the Sky United interest, is probably all designed to get Leicester to put their money where their mouth is. 

I do find it bizarre that it is Maddison and Chilwell (and last season, Maguire) who seem to attract the most media attention in terms of transfers. Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Tielemans, Evans and Vardy are significantly more important to us IMO.

Wants parity with Hudson -Odoi who apparently , unbelievably gets Chelsea to pay him £180k a week FFS . 

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Why not just sign him and play him alongside Maddison on the left, cutting inside? Grealish and Ziyech either side of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison is the dream. 

10 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Wants parity with Hudson -Odoi who apparently , unbelievably gets Chelsea to pay him £180k a week FFS . 

That is what I read on some nefarious media outlet.

Utd will sell Pogba in the summer for around a 100M and spend a large chunk of that on Maddison. It doesn't matter if they're piss poor, players like Maddison  just see us as a stepping stone to clubs like Man Utd. 

Edited by sm1
  • Like 2

Sky Sports News doing a bit on Manchester United on “The Transfer Show”.

Apparently the scouts at Manchester United fits their DNA and is perfect for them. All admitting that getting Maddison from Leicester will be extremely difficult and if we requested £100,000,000 we’d want most of it up front. It’s basically a no go and with Lingard now having Mino Raiola as his agent, he won’t be used as a makeweight in any potential move.

47 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Why not just sign him and play him alongside Maddison on the left, cutting inside? Grealish and Ziyech either side of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison is the dream. 

Because if Manchester United want Maddison.. he's sure to go in the summer...

Money talks.. ask Harry.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Apparently the scouts at Manchester United fits their DNA and is perfect for them. All admitting that getting Maddison from Leicester will be extremely difficult and if we requested £100,000,000 we’d want most of it up front. It’s basically a no go and with Lingard now having Mino Raiola as his agent, he won’t be used as a makeweight in any potential move.

What is the United DNA? They seem clueless.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

3 minutes ago, manders86 said:

What is the United DNA? They seem clueless.

Spend quite a lot and see if it works, when it doesn't spend quite a bit more and see if that works, when it doesn't spend even more and see if that works and when it doesn't just spend obscene amounts of money on even more players.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I do find it bizarre that it is Maddison and Chilwell (and last season, Maguire) who seem to attract the most media attention in terms of transfers. Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Tielemans, Evans and Vardy are significantly more important to us IMO.

So he as a choice we give him a new deal on our terms That he agrees to such as 120k per week and no release clause. Or he stays where he is on 55 k and no release clause and still has  to stay here because we don’t need to sell mmmm I know which I would take 

1 hour ago, car1os said:

Either Man Utd, Skysports, or both, are desperate for this to happen. Makes it even funnier to know it won’t happen in January

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11902339/james-maddison-manchester-united-interested-in-leicester-midfielder

Let’s hope it doesn’t happen in July/August either, when we’re (hopefully) in the CL and Man Utd scrape into the Europa League or miss out on Europe altogether

I've always suspected Man Utd has an influence, or uses the media to tap up players indirectly. It happens far too often for my liking! They alwats talk about Man Utd, they are always in their publicity and most rumours are about them. It's getting boring

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I've always suspected Man Utd has an influence, or uses the media to tap up players indirectly. It happens far too often for my liking! They alwats talk about Man Utd, they are always in their publicity and most rumours are about them. It's getting boring

They are the biggest club in the world, the media know these stories will get the most clicks. Thats all it is.