Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Without wishing to sound heartless, you mean he’s having to do what many people do every day - but without the financial security that he has .... and therefore all the additional stress that brings? Wow. I bet he and the hired help he can afford must be at breaking point having to attend a parent’s evening twice a year whilst holding down a job that demands three hours a day of his time. 

Yes, obviously he doesn’t have the same financial pressures but the very fact that he has taken the kids in shows that he takes his family responsibilities seriously.  You only have to see how he was with his mum during the World Cup to recognise this.

He has had a really bad year on the pitch performing nowhere near the level expected of him but at least he has come out openly and said that.  Contrast this with the like of Pogba who is happy to take his pay cheque, get pissed up at his brother’s wedding then sign off sick for another month.

Having said that I don’t believe in a million years that the Mirror’s source is inside the club.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachhere said:

I think I am right in saying he didn’t get any goals or assists in the league in all of 2019 :nono::thumbdown:

Clearly nonsense though 

10 hours ago, Md9 said:

Doesn’t lingard have 0 goals and 0 assists in over a year? Had a little laugh to myself about this and then realised utd are probably serious 😂😂

Played 129 matches in the PL with manure. 

17 goals

10 assists

Through-balls 29

Big chances created 18

Cross accuracy 16%

What the Fvuck does he actually do all game???

8 hours ago, Guesty said:

I know Lingard's had a bad year professionally, but it is worth remembering before we mock him. His mother has an illness which means that he's had to take in and care for his 14 and 11 yr old younger siblings (he has to go to parent evenings, etc). His grandfather's been diagnosed with prostate cancer. And he's the father of a 1 year old. He's said the worrying has effected his mental health.

I think if we had a player in his prediciment and rival fans were mocking him on their forum we might be quite annoyed.

But by all means mock the journalist who came up with this story.

All the more reason to avoid him like the plague. He’s too busy with his family and his Jlingz brand to concentrate on football. 

That said, we are victims of lazy journalism and our success. 

I can’t see anyone crucial leaving this window so I’m not buying that bullshit story. 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil
  • Haha 1

The fact that Utd apparently value lingard at £40 mil is funny. Attacking player with 0 goals and assists and doesn’t even get in the first team all the time now. Obviously has personal problems which can’t be helped so his mind wouldn’t 100% on being here. Even with him being valued at 40 mil that’s a total of 85 mil for someone we would want a min of 100 mill for 😂😂 

They would be better offering villa that for greilish 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Played 129 matches in the PL with manure. 

17 goals

10 assists

Through-balls 29

Big chances created 18

Cross accuracy 16%

What the Fvuck does he actually do all game???

All the more reason to avoid him like the plague. He’s too busy with his family and his Jlingz brand to concentrate on football. 

That said, we are victims of lazy journalism and our success. 

I can’t see anyone crucial leaving this window so I’m not buying that bullshit story. 

Not even certain how he got in the England squad?

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

I think Lingard is quite good actually but still a bad deal. 

Lingard Leicester reject.:nigel:

Edited by Steven

4 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Without wishing to sound heartless, you mean he’s having to do what many people do every day - but without the financial security that he has .... and therefore all the additional stress that brings? Wow. I bet he and the hired help he can afford must be at breaking point having to attend a parent’s evening twice a year whilst holding down a job that demands three hours a day of his time. 

I'm not saying he deserves special treatment; just, maybe let's not mock him or at least be understanding for having a bad year in his job. 

His Mum has an unknown illness and he's raising the upset kids - she could be dying or suicidal for all we know. 

His Grandad who's the biggest influence on his career has cancer and could be dying for all we know.

But hey, he's richer than me, so none of that should affect him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CUJimmy said:

Yes, obviously he doesn’t have the same financial pressures but the very fact that he has taken the kids in shows that he takes his family responsibilities seriously.  You only have to see how he was with his mum during the World Cup to recognise this.

He has had a really bad year on the pitch performing nowhere near the level expected of him but at least he has come out openly and said that.  Contrast this with the like of Pogba who is happy to take his pay cheque, get pissed up at his brother’s wedding then sign off sick for another month.

Having said that I don’t believe in a million years that the Mirror’s source is inside the club.

Indeed. And I’m sure we all have total respect for the fact that he has done that. But that wasn’t really my point. I suspect many people reading this have done something similar and are still expected to maintain their performance levels at work regardless of circumstances. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Guesty said:

I'm not saying he deserves special treatment; just, maybe let's not mock him or at least be understanding for having a bad year in his job. 

His Mum has an unknown illness and he's raising the upset kids - she could be dying or suicidal for all we know. 

His Grandad who's the biggest influence on his career has cancer and could be dying for all we know.

Not sure anyone is mocking him. Well, no more than usual. Just not accepting that ‘life’ is an excuse for under-performing over an extended period. 

• Like 1

There is just nothing appealing about that. We lose a player for at least £20 million than we could get in a bidding game, we gain a player who is no better than him and probably wouldn't want to join and it disrupts the squad at this stage of the season.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

This claim made me laugh and I am one seriously miserable fvcker.....

Then I thought of the glimmer of a possibility that there might be truth in it and I reverted to type immediately.

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

Absolutely spot on. I don't particularly like the bloke or rate him and wouldn't want him as a player here but, for me, that's where it stops. Against such terrible life problems, football is piss all as are any macho and any financially jealous musings. I genuinely hope things go a little better for the lad and his family this coming year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We sold them a defender, and not even a World Class defender, for £80m.

Maddison is a creative midfielder, and probably England's best creative player now, so we shouldn't accept anything less than £80m.

Well I agree with all that apart from the last bit. If we’ve sold them Maguire for £80m then by what logic would we only want £80m for a better player who is more important to the way we play than Maguire was.

Glad you’re not doing Rudkins job.

Lingard looked a decent player in that Charity Shield match against us in 2016 but for some reason has not progressed as might have been expected. A valuation of £40 million now is way too high for a player who is not a regular first team player and has not scored this season. I am not sure he would be a regular for us and we would lose our main playmaker so it would be madness

In any event I'm sure Maddison is happy here and if we get a Champions League spot I think he will stay for at least another season

Unless there is something more believable agree close thread

Considering it is silly season time and for the Man Utd transfer clownology I'd ring them up and say, £100,000,000 plus a pick of any 3 of their youngsters and, AND Ole has to wear a clown face for the rest of the season and that they cant sack him :fc: