Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a bit of a poor show from yanited to leak this to a journo on whatever level it’s intended. Their player is having a tough time from all perspectives and considering yesterday’s mental health messages from the game, it stacks up v poorly for me. 

I think it's all rubbish myself and should be taken with a pinch of salt like the Xhaka & £40m for Ndidi. 

It's all a bit convenient to reduce the cash fee and get rid of a bit of your rubbish at the same time. It would be like us offering Villa a deal for Grealish and getting rid of Slimani, Silva, James and Amartey and £20m. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gerard said:

I think it's all rubbish myself and should be taken with a pinch of salt like the Xhaka & £40m for Ndidi. 

It's all a bit convenient to reduce the cash fee and get rid of a bit of your rubbish at the same time. It would be like us offering Villa a deal for Grealish and getting rid of Slimani, Silva, James and Amartey and £20m. 

It is rubbish - yes. strange that we have a current thread on it and red cafe don’t !  Pretty well sums it up !

reputable journos don’t just make stuff up - they are fed a story from someone, be it an agent or a club or ’ITK source’. the journo would usually approach the club for comment before issuing the story. In this case, no one at yanited has dissed the story prior to its issue or immediately afterwards ....

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Well I agree with all that apart from the last bit. If we’ve sold them Maguire for £80m then by what logic would we only want £80m for a better player who is more important to the way we play than Maguire was.

Glad you’re not doing Rudkins job.

You know what I mean, clearly. I didn't want to put a price tag on him that's all.

And yeah I'm glad I don't do Rudkin's job either, have you seen the amount of stick he gets on here when something goes wrong.

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They make perfect sense as 'click-bait twofers'.

Let's see how many more of these 'hugely important player swapped for cash plus massively underperforming player their own fans are pissed off with' deals are touted. 

• Like 1

But the Sunday Mirror have reported United are ready to test the Foxes’ resolve with an offer including Lingard and £45m.

It is claimed United value Lingard at £40m, estimating the potential deal to be worth £85m.

However, several United fans clearly don’t agree with the valuation of Lingered.

One fan joked: “Might as well just offer them £45million and a packet of starburst.”

Another quipped: “You’re basically paying £45million for Maddison.”

A third tweeted: “Leicester will decline and renegotiate the offer to just £45million.”

A fourth said: “I reckon Leicester will just accept the £45million.”

Another wrote: “Leicester have asked if they can just have the £45m, thanks.”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

We’d be really stupid not to keep him for at least one more season and play him in the CL.

Sell him in a year and a half for £120 million.

Would he want to go to United in the Championship :P

• Haha 1

If there's any truth to the story (I seriously doubt that there is) then it's purely as a way of letting Maddison know they're interested in the hopes he'll kick off in the Summer window.  They'll know there's no chance any of our starting XI get moved on this month.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

If there's any truth to the story (I seriously doubt that there is) then it's purely as a way of letting Maddison know they're interested in the hopes he'll kick off in the Summer window.  They'll know there's no chance any of our starting XI get moved on this month.

Why wouldn’t they just speak with his agent ?

In what world do Man U value Maddison at 45 million? He won’t be going anywhere for less that 100 million. Let’s make it 130 if they want him in Jan.

Whats happened to Man U seriously? Their transfer policy these days is embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

Do we really think City players would stil be tempted do go there seeing what has happened to Maguire? 

I think most footballers, if they are the confident type with a bit of ego thrown in, believe they are the player that will make the difference and return a club like United back to the top. A huge raise in salary also helps. So yes, unfortunately they will always be tempted.

• Like 1