Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup) - Match Thread

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Does anyone on still think Chilwell is a good player?

Ffs based on since year dot; he is very poor on the ball, and CANNOT defend.

He's been poor for a while, only turns up against crap sides, but not even that today

Should be down 2-0, both related to Fuchs messing up. Some thoughts:

- Playing Chilwell rather than Barnes on the wing is a tactical mistake. Barnes is our best assist man, and he demands attention from the defense. Chilwell on the other hand doesn't look to score, and is much less aggressive than Barnes and is therefore easier to defend. Should pull Fuchs, move Chilwell back, sub on Barnes.

- If Ndidi or Hamza were on the field, we wouldn't see Fuchs making a hash of making a play on the ball near the halfline. 

- I think we are starting to understand why his last club was fine letting Tielemans go. His low energy is helping to grind down the speed of our attack. Would rather see Hamza in at the half. Oh, we subbed out Praet? Wrong MF pulled I think but we will benefit from Hamza's energy, we are def on decaf today. Hope Tiels can pull one of his seeing eye passes for a goal today, but not a promising 1H.

- Can't help but notice that without Ndidi, our defense is pretty middling overall. His presence makes us special defensively, but we aren't otherwise. His injury is massive for the club's prospects, we need Mendy or Hamza in during league play, if we try to go Praet/Maddison/Tiels we are gonna ship a lot of goals.

- Speaking of Ndidi, considering his dominance re interceptions and tackles, I'd be interested in learning how frequently we score after he takes the ball off someone. I wonder if he quietly igniting more of our successful attacks than we realize.