Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup) - Match Thread

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

United were playing Man City. We're playing against the 2nd worst team in the leagues reserves! Its not great! 

It's not great, I agree.

But it isn't abject either.

I think those half time stats confirm how I saw it.  We probably deserve to at least be level.

Let's hope we slot a few times second half.

COYB.

Just now, eastendfox said:

So far this should be a reminder of just how good Ndidi is, allowing others to play, but also being the first player to get the ball from the defenders. None of Praet, Tielemans, Chilwell appear to know where to play. And we end up having less up front than normal. Need some half time changes of formation or personnel.

Surprised hamza isn’t being played instead... 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I love this term overrated for players that get slagged off on here every week

And apparently there’s an air of arrogance after a poor half of football. Didn’t look arrogant doing a job on West Ham or taking Newcastle to pieces 

• Like 1

Just now, foxinmyhouse said:

Should just take vardy off now, the ref is pathetic and I think he will give vardy a second yellow the first chance he gets.  He could get sent off or even end up missing the final, I don't understand why var doesn't  check yellow cards when they can end up having the same consequence as a red card and these can be checked. 

If he gets a yellow in the second leg he misses any final .... might be better off getting sent off tonight and missing the second leg!  no chance of winning a final without vards !

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

It's not great, I agree.

But it isn't abject either.

I think those half time stats confirm how I saw it.  We probably deserve to at least be level.

Let's hope we slot a few times second half.

COYB.

Oh yeh completely.  We had several good chances and the 2nd Vardy chance he scores 9/10. We lost our way after they scored but we have been much better than them, but we should be. A few tweaks to the formation and maybe a change or 2 as fuchs and Chilwell isnt working at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lozzyblue fox said:

Jack Grealish has that... not arrogance, but he's so elegant, the way he moves with the ball, football's so easy for him. He doesn't mind getting into areas where a lot of players would shy away from the ball and he never does that, ever.

Don.t they love him on bbc sport.

Yeah and he has his socks round his ankles, does he even wear shin pads?

Need up up our game second half

Too many sideways passes for my liking, need Barnes to start getting the ball and running at them, pushing Vardy another 5/10 yards higher up the pitch on the last defender.

Feel Rodgers got this line up wrong, Praet wasted on the wing, Chilwell not a winger as doesn’t have a decent cutting pass on him  from open play.

He needs to make changes else going to be more of the same all huff without really creating much.

Its so frustrating, as home advantage and an under strength Villa side with no recognised attacker, and we decided not to turn up with our A game.

We could have got either Manchester side, but we got the easier tie in Villa.....we can’t let this slip over 2 legs and not reach Wembley.

come on great 45 now