Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup) - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Must frustrating thing about the Vardy yellow is if he gets booked next leg he’d miss the final.

i think the most frustrating thing about it is that it wasn’t a booking at all- not even a foul. if you see it again, the guy clips vardy!

• Like 4

Just now, KFS said:

Knew this would happen without N’Didi. Did Tielemans complete a pass first half? Villa fans insufferable and Grealish is a ****. 

All things we know already. As you were.

As has been said on many occasions, Wilf is a crucial player in this team. Villa are winning the midfield which they wouldn’t be if Ndidi was playing.

How many times this season have City conceded the first goal at home? YT is a waste of a carbon based life form, Praet passes backwards, and our build up play is too slow. Too much sideways and backwards passing. Its just like watching  a Puel team.

1 minute ago, Toddybad said:

Get Fuchs off for Barnes and go to our normal formation. Stick Praet in the Ndidi role to start with and consider Hamza for Tielemans if that isn't working. Gray is then the last hope if needed later.

I agree, but take off Chilwell for Barnes... and Gray isn’t on the bench is he? 

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Been disappointed with Praet this half, first I’ve really seen him but he seems happy to play on the periphery of the game and play nice sideways passes as opposed to getting the game by the balls and dictating the tempo on the front foot.

Agreed. I've been watching him because players like him are sometimes my favourite to watch. But he's pulling to wide when we're trying to build possession. He's better more advanced and more central. 

• Like 1

Going exactly as Villa want so far. We have that issue again with the deep block and our lack of penetration. Difficult one as Villa will not need to push forward now yet we still look vulnerable. We need to take our chances but I guess there will not be many of them.